Villain on the back of Heroes & Villains Vol.2

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Villain on the back of Heroes & Villains Vol.2

Postby The Argent Protector » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 am

On the back cover of Volume 2 there is a Jester looking villain (looks like his mask is made of wood) on the top right of the picture. Who is that guy? I cannot for the life of me remember who he is. He's obviously not written up in Volume 1 or 2. I keep thinking he's Jack Nimball, but I don't know for sure. Anyone out there know who he is?

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Villain on the back of Heroes & Villains Vol.2

Postby Flying Cobra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

The Superfriends/Silver Age version of Toyman.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 am

In the early 1970's, Winslow Schott retired the Toyman identity. Another man, Jack Nimbal took the name and a modified form of the modus operandi and became a second Toyman. Schott actually helped Superman defeat him. Nimbal popped up a few more times, and was the version of the Toyman chosen for "Challenge of the Superfriends". Schott eventually came out of retirement, and killed Nimbal.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Nimball_%28Earth-One%29

In Justice, Ross chose a Toyman who looked like Nimbal, but also looked like a toy. I believe it was a construct that someone, presumably Schott, was controlling.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Stigger
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Stigger » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 am

Thought that was Psycho Pirate, or something like that, myself, but I'm hardly an expert. :mrgreen:

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks guys. I thought it was the Jack Nimball Toyman. Nice to know I was right. :D

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

This doesn't have to do with the back of the book, but isn't there a character called the Jester? And he carries a staff of some sort?

I didn't see him profiled in either volumes. I wonder if he will be in the Universe Book?

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

There's been a lot of small time Jesters in the DCU. The most recent that comes to my mind is the heroic Joker from the Crisis of Two Earths dvd. He fights along side Lex Luthor against the Crime Syndicate. He used a staff. We'd never see him, though. He's way too obscure; and might only be from the animated DCU. The other characters named Jester are way too small potatoes to waste book space on.

Cobalt
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Cobalt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 am

The costume is identical to the Toyman from the late 70's (or early 80's.. My memory isn't what it once was), and is definitely the costume from the Superfriends cartoon of that era.

I know I'm just reiterating what's been said, but wanted to throw my 2 cents in, too.

Edit: As an aside, Psycho Pirate is on page 119 of H&V 2, with a decent picture, too!

Return to “DC Adventures”