What happened to the Universe book?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Re: What happened to the Universe book?

Postby RobertReaper » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Is the facebook under Green Ronin, Mutants and Masterminds, or something else?
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm

RobertReaper wrote:Is the facebook under Green Ronin, Mutants and Masterminds, or something else?

https://www.facebook.com/MutantsAndMasterminds
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:18 pm

RobertReaper wrote:Is the facebook under Green Ronin, Mutants and Masterminds, or something else?

DC Adventures RPG. We also have Mutants & Masterminds Superhero RPG, Green Ronin Publishing, and Green Ronin.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

starman2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby starman2 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 am

Batgirl III wrote:This is not a problem unique to Green Ronin, but a universal quirk of licenses from major media outlets. Alderac had troubles with Stargate, Eden had issues with Buffy, WotC had issues with Star Wars, Last Unicorn basically died an ugly death because of problems with 'Trek...

Frankly, I am amazed how well GR has done so far with DCA!

That's not what happened with LUG. They wanted to merge with WoTC and when they did, they thought they could sell the LUG Licensed Star Trek game under the banner of WoTC, which they did for a few weeks, until Paramount found out and pulled the licence from LUG stating it was signed for use by LUG and they broke the contract. WoTC was trying a skirt around to gain the Trek licence without paying. Funny thing is, I begged LUG not to due this and warned them it would happen on their forums, they ignored me and they sunk a great game system.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Apparently DC Adventures: Universe is "223 pages of awesome!" I guess joining social media is paying off. :)
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Black Mamba wrote:Apparently DC Adventures: Universe is "223 pages of awesome!" I guess joining social media is paying off. :)

Ha! And you're following me!

I didn't post that to the DC page because I didn't want people to think the book was ready to be released. It is, however, going back to DC today for their (hopefully) finally approval!

Man, does that book contain a TON of information!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:37 pm

JonL wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:Apparently DC Adventures: Universe is "223 pages of awesome!" I guess joining social media is paying off. :)

Ha! And you're following me!

I didn't post that to the DC page because I didn't want people to think the book was ready to be released. It is, however, going back to DC today for their (hopefully) finally approval!

Man, does that book contain a TON of information!

Yes, yes it does. :)
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Shadowchaser wrote:
JonL wrote:Man, does that book contain a TON of information!

I'm starting to hate you two for having the inside scoop... While I'm still left waiting days or weeks for the finished product... :shock:

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Mr Mole wrote:
Shadowchaser wrote:
JonL wrote:Man, does that book contain a TON of information!

I'm starting to hate you two for having the inside scoop... While I'm still left waiting days or weeks for the finished product... :shock:

Oh, it's not just the two of them... Do you think I was kidding earlier?

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Do we know how much the book will have on the other earths? Earth-1, Earth-2, etc. Will it have details on the worlds or just a brief description?
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 pm

RobertReaper wrote:Do we know how much the book will have on the other earths? Earth-1, Earth-2, etc. Will it have details on the worlds or just a brief description?

Just short descriptions for the most part, although a few Earths have a fair amount of information, such as Earth-Eight, Earth-12, and Earth-26. The others range from a paragraph to a few paragraphs and sidebars.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Mr Mole wrote:I'm starting to hate you two for having the inside scoop... While I'm still left waiting days or weeks for the finished product... :shock:

I know a guy who will hack Shadowchaser's files for $3.00. 8) You in for half? :twisted: :D

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Black Mamba wrote:
Mr Mole wrote:I'm starting to hate you two for having the inside scoop... While I'm still left waiting days or weeks for the finished product... :shock:

I know a guy who will hack Shadowchaser's files for $3.00. 8) You in for half? :twisted: :D

Absolutely, yes!! :twisted:

...not that i'd advocate piracy or anything... i'm just borrowing a copy until the finished product is made publicly available... then i'll buy a copy... :roll:

Stupid conscience... :|

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Mr Mole wrote:Absolutely, yes!! :twisted:

...not that i'd advocate piracy or anything... i'm just borrowing a copy until the finished product is made publicly available... then i'll buy a copy... :roll:

Alright. He says we need to go to Shadowchaser's house and get him drunk so that he tells us his password. Then I send it to my friend along with the $3.00 and he will crack the file for us. Easy-peasy. :)

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Black Mamba wrote:
Mr Mole wrote:Absolutely, yes!! :twisted:

Alright. He says we need to go to Shadowchaser's house and get him drunk so that he tells us his password. Then I send it to my friend along with the $3.00 and he will crack the file for us. Easy-peasy. :)

Mr Dawsey? We were just wondering what your alcoholic beverage of choice is... :mrgreen:

...um... it's... for a research project... um... science... yeah... scientific research... top secret government stuff... can't tell you more than that... yeah... that's it... :roll:

Return to “DC Adventures”