What happened to the Universe book?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Re: What happened to the Universe book?

Postby RobertReaper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 am

Whatever the reason doesn't matter, what matters is that it is one more step (possible the final step) closer to our hands.
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 am

RobertReaper wrote:Whatever the reason doesn't matter, what matters is that it is one more step (possible the final step) closer to our hands.

Which is itself just one more step in the Master Plan™ which will lead to total world domination!! Mua-ha-ha-ha-hah!! Oh. Wait. That was supposed to be a secret plan, wasn't it? Oh. Um. Nevermind. Forget I was here. :shock:

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 am

They were typos or legal text that needed updating. Nothing major at all.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:27 pm

You guys and your typos, spellcheck people, spellcheck.
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 pm

RobertReaper wrote:You guys and your typos, spellcheck people, spellcheck.

Ha, if only it were that simple!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:35 pm

JonL wrote:
RobertReaper wrote:You guys and your typos, spellcheck people, spellcheck.

Ha, if only it were that simple!

Yeah, no kidding...

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Reading Index preview, eyes wide, jaw dropped and eager for more!

Stigger
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Stigger » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 am

Yeah, seriously... jonesing for the book really bad all of a sudden.

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:58 am

It's good to know the wait is finally almost over. I have very much been looking forward to Mr. Mole's total domination of the world.

Oh, and it will be nice to see the DCA Universe book released too.

:)

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 am

I noticed something on the DCA store page, no images are working and the buttons just show an X with words. Which only seems to happen when they are editing the store to add a new product. :mrgreen: Which means the PDF plus book pre-order deal shouldn't be more than a day or two off now at most. I hope.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 am

Psistrike wrote:I noticed something on the DCA store page, no images are working and the buttons just show an X with words. Which only seems to happen when they are editing the store to add a new product. :mrgreen: Which means the PDF plus book pre-order deal shouldn't be more than a day or two off now at most. I hope.

That's just crazy talk! ;)
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 am

JonL wrote:
Psistrike wrote:I noticed something on the DCA store page, no images are working and the buttons just show an X with words. Which only seems to happen when they are editing the store to add a new product. :mrgreen: Which means the PDF plus book pre-order deal shouldn't be more than a day or two off now at most. I hope.

That's just crazy talk! ;)

haha, Jon. Now it shows coming show for DCA: Universe, $39.95 for print version.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 am

Why are you tormenting me like this, you green devils...?? Need... the... book... Argh...!!

...just know that you're getting stink eye from me through the internet at this very moment... :shock:

...um... in a supportive, appreciative way, of course... :mrgreen:

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Psst - the PDF is available. Like NOW. Just sayin'.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:50 pm

How does the Pre-Order Plus program work?

It states in the poster 'ask staff for details' but after attempting to order from a rather rude gamestore owner who felt it was below him to even attempt to ask and didn't seem to care if I got a pdf. I realized I need to arm myself with how the program works so I can educate the retailer. It makes me think less of retailers in general this experience (like I have to do their job for them).

So I pre-order from the store, pay them for the product, and then how do I get the pdf?

Do they have to get codes from you Green Ronin OR can I submit proof of my order at the retail store to GR to download the pdf. I do want the pdf for the Universe book for 5 bucks as I assume that is what I get if I preorder with the gamestore, rather than Green Ronin.

If the store must get the code (s) is there is number to call. I feel I have to hold my local gamestore owners hand, please list step by step the process.

I erased the rant about going out of my way to support gamestores, but the other store I called seemed at least not-rude and receptive to listen and take the whole 5 minutes it might take to seek an answer to if the store can participate in the pre-order plus program. The first store, Game HQ in Oklahoma City, well apparently they don't like people attempting to spend money in their store. Needless to say I will visit the store to play games now and then but avoid (if possible) spending money there. Great job with the customer service! you lost me. I know I'm only a single customer and you think this was only one book, but in reality I order a lot of stuff and turning off a customer like that (at least from my perspective) is the opposite of good business sense.

Please Green Ronin, since Hal is a big GAMA guy maybe he can promote your pre-order plus program to the retailers association and inform retailers it exists. Then I might have a good reason to go out of my way to support the local store, and over look the rude customer service of some of them. It seems like a reasonable suggestion. If that is possible it might make future interactions with gamestore owners less of a hassle. One can only guess why Amazon is a pleasant buying experience when you don't have to go through 'work' just ordering a product.

Return to “DC Adventures”