Star Sapphire Complications

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Star Sapphire Complications

Postby xquel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:01 am

Hi All!

I don't have H&V vol. 2 yet, so I was wondering if the Star Sapphire power rings/tiaras have the power loss complication. I know the GLC and Sinestro Corps rings have it.

Thanks for any help!
"United we stand! Divided we fall!" - Rally Cry of the Untied Heroes of the World.

"If the GM is smiling, it is already too late."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Star Sapphire Complications

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 pm

They do not have any Power Loss Complications. They statted up Carol fully, and Fatality and Miri are shorter builds.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Darrin Kelley
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Darrin Kelley » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

The answer on that is simple. Love is not weak against any other emotion. So that is a pretty good argument for it being the strongest.

The down side of the violet light is the influence it has over its wielder. Carol is exceptional, because she has built up a resistance to the controlling aspect love has over its host. But it still nudges at her from time to time, enough that she has to fight off the ring's attempts to control her from time to time.

Miri is the perfect example of a Star Sapphire who is bonded to her ring at an instinctual level. So much that she and the ring are practically one entity.

Fatality is damaged goods. The healing she was supposed to get wasn't completely effective. She still suffers nightmares about her losses and her past needs of vengeance. She is a faithful Star Sapphire. But she seems to require constant treatment to keep her from succumbing to her old behaviour. It also implies that her own mental damage has given her a resistance to the ring's influence.

There is so much diversitry there that pinning down a universal complication for all Star Sapphires just doesn't seem to work.

xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby xquel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I was just wondering about power loss, because I was reading Blackest Night and Carol has a lantern and lights up, says an oath and the ring says it's charged up 100%. I have yet to see her ask for power check or see it drain. So I don't know. LOL, anyone remember when rings had to be charged every 24 hours and had were ineffective against yellow? Long Live the Rainbow Raider Corps!
"United we stand! Divided we fall!" - Rally Cry of the Untied Heroes of the World.

"If the GM is smiling, it is already too late."

Darrin Kelley
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Darrin Kelley » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

The 24 hour charge limit is up whenever the GM decides to throw a temporary Complication on you to increase the dramatic tension. This goes for all lanterns. It is not really a set thing. And it shouldn't be.

Return to “DC Adventures”