Can you help with these powers pls?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Can you help with these powers pls?

Postby cenderme84 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi there,

i want to build a power like below but it costed to much. can you suggest a cheaper one please?

Thanks...

There is a must power which is sense fear which i will use mind reading with a limited to emotion fear. With this power player will learn opponents fears. the powers below can be used if this one is succesful.
-first power will be an illusion to show opponent that its fear become real. This will give enemy some daze at first then begin to damage him.
- second is mind control. player will amplify that fear in opponent's mind then he concure his mind.

There is also another power which is astral journey. player can go astral form and travel but also he wants to make this happen to opponent by touching him. i can do astral travel with remote senses but how to make it like an attack effect. he also after sendingd enemy on a astral journey wants to do anything on enemy's body.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Can you help with these powers pls?

Postby Murkglow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

So it would be best as some kind of array (ie a group of Alternate Effects). The first power is straight forward Mind Reading. The second sounds like Damage since you want them to take damage (and damage can cause the Dazed condition so you can still get that) and the last sounds like an Affliction.

Mind Reading X, Limited [to learning fears]
• Damage X, Limited [Only vs Targets with known fears]
• Affliction X [Resisted by Will; Dazed*, Compelled, Controlled], Limited [Only vs Targets with known fears]
*Impaired and Entranced also make sense here.

Of course you'd probably put other extras on the powers (Perception Range seems likely for example, Alternate Resistance: Will on the damage would make sense, and Cumulative is always worth it for Affliction, ect...). I put the Mind Reading as the lead power but depending on how you put the extras on them one of the other powers might end up more expensive (Affliction being a common culprit) in which case it would be the lead power.

I can't really go into more detail though without knowing exactly what extras you want, what PL this is, and how strong you want the effects to be. Still it should be fairly simple to fill out the numbers from here.

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 pm

thanks for suggestion

There is also another power which is astral journey. player can go astral form and travel but also he wants to make this happen to opponent by touching him. i can do astral travel with remote senses but how to make it like an attack effect. he also after sendingd enemy on a astral journey wants to do anything on enemy's body.

so what about this one?

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

As you said, Astral Forms could be Remote Senses and forcing it on another person is simply the Attack extra (forcing them to see whatever it is you want them to see). Note that they can still move their body without their senses in this case and they only "lose" senses that your Remote Senses target (so if you have Remote Visual Senses their sight would be elsewhere but the rest of their senses would still be with their body)... Frankly the more I think of it the less I like this method (which is hardly surprising as I think the Attack extra is just poorly done in general).

If instead what you want is some kind of paralyzing effect and the "sending their senses away" is just a descriptor of that then you probably want some form of Affliction (maybe Impaired/Stunned or Disabled/Paralyzed or Incapacitated). Perhaps Throw in Extra Condition for Vulnerable/Defenseless/Unaware and the like.

I don't know what this means:
cenderme84 wrote:he also after sendingd enemy on a astral journey wants to do anything on enemy's body.

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 am

By that i mean as this example of professor x powers;

Remote Sensing 15 (Affects: 4 Types - Visual, Auditory, Mental, Range: 120 miles; Dimensional: dimension - Astral, Subtle 2: looks normal; Limited: Body Prone & Defenseless while projecting)

so with this limited body is defensless so player wants to do anything to the body after sending enemy on an astraj journey.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:22 am

If you want to make your enemy defenseless/prone then I would point you to Affliction.

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 am

yeah player wants that and also do astral journey by himself :)

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 pm

- second is mind control. player will amplify that fear in opponent's mind then he concure his mind.

and also what about the secon power which will me limited if mind reading is succesfull?

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm

I already did that one in my first post:
• Affliction X [Resisted by Will; Dazed*, Compelled, Controlled], Limited [Only vs Targets with known fears]
*Impaired and Entranced also make sense here.

Is there something wrong with it or...?

Return to “DC Adventures”