Help with skills total bonus classification (SUGGESTIONS)

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Help with skills total bonus classification (SUGGESTIONS)

Postby spikevampire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I haven't pay so much attention to the all skill thing till now.

I was thinking to make a very simple classification of the total skill bonus, accordingly to the sample DC shown in the book (most of them goes from a 15 for basic checks which needs train to 25 for very complex ones). It should work this way basically:

1 +5 (common professional: lawyer, medic ecc) = DC 15
2 +10 (world class expert: olympic athletes, leading expert in a scientific field) = DC 20
3 +15 (very skilled hero: wolverine perception, batman stealth) = DC 25
4 +20 (most skilled hero, probably 1 or 2 for class of ability: ironman' technology, richards' expertise in science) = DC 30
5 +25 (Cosmic skill level: Loki' deception, hercules athletics) = DC 35

I would like, in this way, to create very big categories in which "squeeze" more than 1 character. Probably, with time, I will try to make a gradual list from +1 to +19 instead of just going for this 5 classes, but It seems very difficult since I have done something like 200 characters and I don't have any clue to decide if nightcrawler is a better acrobat than spider-man, and so on...

There is no actual question, just I would like to know how would you handle that...

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Help with skills total bonus classification (SUGGESTIONS)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, JDRook made a .stock portfolio for the entirety of Heroes and Villains and I wrote him a .net program to export said data into a CSV, so that would be one easy way to find a DCA hero at each level. :)

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 am

I will take a look on some of the character there, to have suggestion on how to scale the skills. Can I find that CSV somewhere?

I wish a Marvel Heroes and Villains had been published :(

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 am

spikevampire wrote:I will take a look on some of the character there, to have suggestion on how to scale the skills. Can I find that CSV somewhere?

I wish a Marvel Heroes and Villains had been published :(

Look no further than our very own, Roll Call board for the various renditions of popular (and sometimes seriously derelict) characters in M&M 3e!

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:14 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Well, JDRook made a .stock portfolio for the entirety of Heroes and Villains and I wrote him a .net program to export said data into a CSV, so that would be one easy way to find a DCA hero at each level. :)

I'm on the road doing theatre for the next few weeks so I'm not at my computer, but I've still got this on my dropbox. http://db.tt/6i8ZXHME
It's big and a bit messy, but it should be readable by most spreadsheet programs and therefore sortable.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Corellon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Corellon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

That is an excellent help. Thanks for the CSV! I've done similar things for some of the threads on Roll Call that I like, but it's nice to see the official DC stats all lined up for comparison.

Return to “DC Adventures”