Earth 2 anyone?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Earth 2 anyone?

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm

The problem isn't with the rebooting. The continuity had gotten confusing again, particularly with anything after 2004.

The problem is retooling an entire line of comics to the exact same slice of the demographic.

Not everyone is interested in seeing their heroes when the heroes are new and untested. Some of like a world where the heroes are met liked and trusted.

If you're trying to unseat the top dog, you don't just try to get the clients of the top dog. You also want to keep the clients you do have. And maybe try to win back the clients you've lost. And if it's been 11 years since you were able to even-temporarily climb to the top spot, why not look at what you were doing 11 years ago, not what the competition was doing 22 years ago.

Instead of doing the "New 52", why not do the "new 42" and "the classic 10"?
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm

You make a good point. I would also be interested in seeing Superman, Batman, and crew age. (Of course my all-time favorite superhero is ageless and immortal). I would like them take a title to conclusion and then start the next generation instead of constantly rebooting it to make it modern. Have Superman and Lois marry, have kids and then the kids become heroes. That way we can see Lara Kent in LSH. Have Bruce Wayne retire and Damien, Tim, or Dick take over the cowl. Maybe have Diana finding herself having to mentor a whole new age of heroes. Hmmmm.... Been looking for a setting to write. Could apply the idea to my own universes.... *uh forget I said anything.*

Talahar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Talahar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

The whole heroes aging, having families and children, and train new generations of heroes
were big in the Justice Society of America part of things.
Which, of course, didn't really survive into the new52.
At least so far. I'm still hoping they can find a way to get the JSA new52ified.
(And if not, put them on a parallel earth were heroes were around longer
so that I can actually read comics about my favorite heroes and their legacies)

I can say one thing though, even if it's a bit off topic:
while the new52 may be a good way to get into the DC universe at the moment,
many of the older fans have a harder time to get into it.
Especially considering some of the more drastic changes some well established characters have undergone. :wink:

That said, I like what they're doing in Earth2 (and by extension in Worlds' Finest).
Those two may actually be my two most favoritest of the new52.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 pm

They're my favorites as well. I'm also enjoying the subplot going on in the Batman family. However, if they go where I think they are with Damien beating Dick Grayson, I think I'll drop it. Beating Dick would be like beating Bruce.

darkwintre
Bystander
Bystander

Postby darkwintre » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:50 am

Made me wonder what if they had the first team disappear and they had to recall the retired heroes to help train the next generation as the current era are too publicity obsessed to be effective against the foes their predecessors had to fight.

Actually quite like what I've read issue 0 of earth 2 explains more about the Terry Sloane of Earth 2 but they've yet to reveal what happened to Michael Holt who i'm assuming (never assume!) was sent across to Earth 2 when the transporter he was helping to build for Power Girl was destroyed in World's Finest#1

Interesting I wonder if Fate is one of the two unnamed heroes Sloane talked about?

darkwintre
Bystander
Bystander

Postby darkwintre » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 am

So Jay Garrick aka Earth 2's Flash do you think he could be generated using the gm kit?

Speedster, youth with nimble advantage, athlete and maybe scientist skill packages although he's described as a drop out that wouldn't mean he doesn't possess those skills.
So obviously Running i haven't seen him needing to eat to recharge so gravity defying runner?
So Speedster stunts, rapid attack hopefully possibly Air Control for the alternate effect and either too fast to follow or natural selection perhaps...

Going to have to buy the Heroes & Villains books at some point!

Hawkgirl I figure Weapon master but replacing the signature weapon power for the winged bit from the warrior's otherworldly primary powers just drop the enhanced awareness and reduce flight to 5 and give it the removable flaw (-2pts) maybe have the mace be Strength based Damage 3 with Penetrating 4 with easily Removable (-4pts) but how to handle the lightning or nullify effect haven't seen them use that but she does cart around some ancient weapons so maybe Equipment +6 (Weapons)?

Solomon Grundy looks like an Earth Elemental mixed up with an undead or golem construct.

GL is an Energy Controller I wonder if thats light?

I still say Power Girl's Intelligence score is too low, given her aptitude I'd have said at least 7 if not higher, Huntress is going to be interesting would love to see her interact with Nightwing just to gauge how they would fare and oh god there's nothing to stop them having Damien getting involved on Earth 2 isn't there?! :shock:

Return to “DC Adventures”