Suicide Induction Power

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Suicide Induction Power

Postby spikevampire » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello guys!

I want to create a power that allow someone to make the enemy autoattack himself.

I have some ideas, but I am really stucked right now:

- Affliction: Entranced, Compelled, Controlled (Perception +2, Progressive +2, Sight dependent -1; 4pp)
in this case I should limit also the power but since it doesn't seem to limit so much in combat I will just go with a +0 net modifier for the limited control and the damage inflicted

- Affliction (Perception +2, Progressive +2, Sight depdendent -1; 4pp)
Linked
- Damage (Perception +2, extra will save -1, will save (DC 15+) +1, Sight dependent -1; 2pp)
here the question is how can I do the damage progressive?

Should I allow in both cases to give the enemy a critical hit or something when controlled?

Thank you for the help guys, I really need suggestions

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: Suicide Induction Power

Postby spikevampire » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:35 pm

- Affliction: Entranced, Compelled, Controlled 12 (Extra: Perception [+2], Progressive [+2]; Flaws: Limited to eye contact [-1], Full Round [-1])

This is the one that I like the most...

I was thinking that don't be able to control properly (only self inflict damage) is a serious flaw, at least in certain situation. The same happens on the opposite side because inflicting damage (ex. Move objects) it is worth a +1.

I am thinking right now that I can just call the three affliction condition "Entraced/Auto-attack/Auto-critical" and they will be easily balanced with something like Entranced/Controlled/Incapacitated or Transformed...

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:48 pm

If all you want is to make the opponent attack themselves, a limited Affliction would work-Compelled let's you command a single action, move or standard. So you don't need the full Controlled third degree.

So mind control, limited to two degrees, Limited to only commanding attacks on the target itself. That's a two point per rank power, and fairly effective, but by no means broken.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 am

Gouging one's own eyes out or vigorously smashing one's own head against a solid surface again and again... Sounds like forcing someone to read the New DC should work into the descriptor somehow...

Cobalt
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Cobalt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Mr Mole wrote:Gouging one's own eyes out or vigorously smashing one's own head against a solid surface again and again... Sounds like forcing someone to read the New DC should work into the descriptor somehow...

+1...

For making me literally fall out of my chair, laughing. Caught me totally off guard.

grod_the_giant
Hireling
Hireling

Postby grod_the_giant » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Perception Damage, also Resistible by Will, limited to target's highest Damage effect, variable descriptor: damage effects wielded by target?

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Be careful about the Full Round Limitation as that's not RAW and you might find a GM who wouldn't allow it.

I say keep things simple. As an effect-driven game, you could simply design the Affliction to reflect the results you're interested in obtaining, e.g.

Attack Yourself!: Perception Ranged Affliction (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Resisted and Overcome by Will; Flaw: Sense-Dependent (Visual)), with the descriptor that they've attacked themselves

It may not capture the full range of effects from attacking yourself, i.e. there won't be any Toughness penalties, but you're more likely to get a GM's approval. You'd still fail against someone Immune to their own powers.

KGS
Bystander
Bystander

Postby KGS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:00 am

Is this by ANY CHANCE based on a certain Gennosuke Kouga from Basilisk?

His eyes are the source of a legendary technique that turns killing intent back on anyone who looks into his eyes when they attack him. They find themselves forced to use whatever they're attacking him with on themselves.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 pm

This is simply the power of Mind Control without a limitation. Normally mind control is limited so you can't order people to harm themselves or else they get another save or chance to ignore, but if you build it so they don't have that chance, and can have total control this would be an Induce Suicide.

For a good example of this, see this link

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-Nfyr42 ... ue_part_2/

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:50 pm

If I was going to try to go for this power I'd make it a will based damage effect with some subtle built in and some Insidious.
They save vs will to avoid taking damage. The little hits wittle them down but have no outward effect but when they finally fail completely they kill themselves as per the descriptor with whatever is at hand.

Or take off the insidious if you want them to visably attack themselves along the way.

Admittedly I'd do it this way because it's
A) easier than trying to horse wrangle the other powers into doing effectively the same thing and
B) it's far easier to get past the GM then saying "I want to use the mind control power to make people kill themselves".

But I could be wrong ;~)

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby spikevampire » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 am

I am actually the GM so I will allow everything it seems fair to me :)))

Jokes apart,
I prefer the affliction way and I am kind of sure that since usually it doesn't allow the controller to put the controlled in a self-harm situation, it should be a +1 -1 adjustment (Limited for the only suicidal attacks and "boosted" with an extra for you can ask the subject to put himself in an actual danger)

Affliction (Entranced, Compelled, Controlled; Extra: Perception [+2], Only suicide attacks [+0], Will Save [+0], Either Concentration or Cumulative [+1]; Flaws: Limited Eye Contact [-1]; 3ppxRank)

Let's say my NPC has a CAP of 12 and a power level of 8 for this affliction, he can either have an AP version of the power with "full round" and Rank 12, or the possibility of an extra effort to reach the maximum power outcome
This is a General rule of mine which seems to be commonly shared by most of the builds I've seen in this forum

Thank you so much for your help guys

Return to “DC Adventures”