DC adventures por. files?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

DC adventures por. files?

Postby Avenger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 am

First I want to say thank you all for all that you do on & off the site, I love all the M&M 3ed products, & the vigilance press really good stuff (thank you for the podcasts :D ) I am curious though just about all of the M&M 3ed products have the por. Files but the DC adventures has none would anyone happen to know why? Or if they do have them where can I get em ? Thank in advance. :mrgreen:

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: DC adventures por. files?

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 am

If I had to guess, it probably has to do with the license with DC.

However, I'd strongly recommend you check the Fan Resources forum on this site. :wink:
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am

Given how the forums are getting swamped by a particularly annoying spammer, making it difficult to search for these things, JDRook has the portfolio files for both volumes of H&V here.

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 am

THANK YOU !!!! :mrgreen:

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

THANK YOU JD Rook (multiplied by) Infinity!

I own the pdf's and about to buy each of the hard covers and since I own herolab I really like having these. It lets me print out for all manner of uses, or use as a starting point for some character.

Very useful!

May beautiful woman think fondly of you, and may the gods of gaming smile upon you (especially in a tournament)!

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Do JDRook or FuzzyBoots have the portfolio files for Marvel characters? and if so tell me where to send the PayPal funds to or we can call it a Very Greatfull offering :mrgreen: Again Thank you so very much for the DC Adventures por. files. PS I dont even need any pictures or even the history of the Marvel characters just names & core characters powers & numbers Thank you again :mrgreen:

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I don't think anyone's put together a comprehensive list of the unofficial power builds. There hasn't been anything official put out, so you've got the multiple builds available on the Roll Call. Anyone's in specific you're looking for?

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 am

I translated all the DCA stuff into HL for mainly selfish reasons, but as a project I probably wouldn't have done them at all if the books hadn't come out. They provided a relatively consistent build philosophy and an endpoint. In contrast, you have Roll Call, which is awesome in several senses of the world, with dozens of posters giving their personal take on hundreds if not thousands of individual Marvel characters (not even considering all of the characters outside of the Marvel/DC universes). I'm not prepared to pick who does the ideal version of any particular character for statting, and I'm not interested in the inevitably well-meaning but conflicting opinions that I expect would come from all sides.

IMO, the only way to do it right and do it fairly would be to do portfolio packages of all the Marvel builds for each poster. So you'd have one for Taliesin, one for Jabroniville, one for ProdigyDuck, etc, containing all of their particular builds. That would be a huge project, though. I could do it, but I'd want to start a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. :)
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 am

These are some of the ones that I had a hard as hence time creating the por files on the Hero lab being a novice :mrgreen: Thank you in advance for all your help, & also thank you the warm reception on the forum.
Captain America
Iron Man: Extremis
THANOS
TERRAX
SILVER SURFER
SHE-HULK (RED)
SHE-HULK (LYRA)
SENTRY
RED SONJA
QUASAR
PITT (I know its not Marvel please forgive me)
PHOENIX (DARK-PHOENIX)
ONSLAUGHT
THE MAESTRO
INFINITY GAUNTLET
HULK (RED-HULK)
HULK
HULK ( WORLD WAR )
HULK (JOE FIXIT)
HELLBOY (I know its not Marvel please forgive me)
WITCHBLADE (I know its not Marvel please forgive me)
SPAWN (I cant help myself)
COLD BLOOD 7
IRON FIST
DAREDEVIL
APOCALYPSE
MOON KNIGHT
DOCTOR DOOM
OMEGA RED
WOLVERINE
WAR MACHINE
VALKERYIE
BLACK CAT
LONG-SHOT

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:57 am

If you really want to start a Kickstarter campaign I’m in & im sure others would be as well, Image & darkhorse characters would also be cool if you wanted to go that far with it. Again thanks for the help, consideration & the DC por files :mrgreen:

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:04 am

I have some Marvel supplements that I created in PDF form like Un-official Warehouse 13 & Un-official Resident evil but it’s in the FASERIP form though I do apologize for that but I’m getting into the M&M 3rd ed & maybe down the line I would ask for help with converting it into a M&M 3rd ed. If you would like I will post it up with divshare links :mrgreen:

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Did hero lab place a block on the H&V Complete XTML file? Because I have done everything to try and open it and save it as a por.file and was unsuccessful, I’m sorry to be a bother, but can someone please help me with this. It would be wonderful if someone could save it as por.file and up load to this thread or perhaps a drop box link, again thank you any help would be very much appreciated.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:35 am

I can still open my copy.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie