Wish List for Universe Book...if room permits

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Wish List for Universe Book...if room permits

Postby Goldar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 pm

dirkgentry2000 wrote:
Goldar wrote: Since Jon and Steve mentioned that there ***may*** be some room to add additional characters in the Universe Book, but they didn't say which characters, nor how they would choose them, I wonder if we could have a thread where we post our Want-Lists and maybe some of them could be ***considered***???

When i talked to JonL a week ago on my podcast, he mentioned that Jim Gordon and Kilowog are likely to appear in Universe. But, yeah, I think a thread suggesting some others would be awesome

Let's list our favorite characters that as of Vol 2 have not yet received a profile, and as far as we know, may not get one in the last book. The HOPE is that if there is some additional room in Book 4, that maybe some from this list will be granted an entry! You have nothing to lose, and hey, your favorite character may see print!

OK. To start us off, here is my list:

1 Andromeda
2 Blok
3 Saturn Queen
4 Tellus
5 Night Girl
6 Titania
7 Spider-Girl
8 Strata
9 Comet Queen
10 White Witch/Dark Witch
11 Fury (Lyta)
12 Bumble Bee (Karen Beecher)
13 Lilith
14 Blue Jay
15 Original Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)
16 Insect Queen
17 Maxima
18 Rampage
19 Sindella
20 Silver Sorceress
21 Phantasm (Danny Chase)
22 Flamebird I (Bette Kane)
23 Flamebird II (Kryptonian Mystical Bird)
24 Mongal
25 The Wizard Shazam (Champion)
26 Sargon the Sorcerer
27 Ibus the Invincible
28 Nu'Bia (the Wonder Woman of the "lost" tribe)
29 Mystic Thunderbolt (formerly of Johnny Thunder)
30 Golden Glider
31 Lady Quark
32 Wotan

Yeah, I know, that's quite a Wish List, and I don't mean to be greedy :twisted:, but, well, they are all such good characters that I couldn't cut any from my list. :roll: Maybe a few will make it??? :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Goldar on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Wish List for Universe Book...if there is additional room

Postby scc » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Here is who I like to see off the top of my head:

Black Mask
Brimstone
Superman Prime
Sun Eater
Magellodon
Superman 1,000,000
Various Lantern Corps, especially Sinestro's Corp

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Wish List for Universe Book...if there is additional room

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:42 pm

scc wrote:Magellodon

Do you mean Mageddon from Grant Morrison's JLA run?

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Wish List for Universe Book...if room permits

Postby scc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 pm

That is what I meant.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I can almost guarantee at least three requested write-ups will be in the DCAtlas, though I cannot say which ones without Jon liquidating me.

(Just kidding. Jon's a pretty great guy).

Speaking of which, Mr. Leitheusser just gave me the go-ahead for one extra hero and one extra villain in my section of the book (yay!).

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:28 pm

greycrusader wrote:I can almost guarantee at least three requested write-ups will be in the DCAtlas, though I cannot say which ones without Jon liquidating me.

Hi, greycrusader

OK! That's a good start!

greycrusader wrote: (Just kidding. Jon's a pretty great guy).

Speaking of which, Mr. Leitheusser just gave me the go-ahead for one extra hero and one extra villain in my section of the book (yay!).

All my best.

Alright! So with 2 more characters, that's at least 5 that are going to get an official profile! Yay!

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

Goldar wrote:Let's list our favorite characters that as of Vol 2 have not yet received a profile, and as far as we know, may not get one in the last book. The HOPE is that if there is some additional room in Book 4, that maybe some from this list will be granted an entry! You have nothing to lose, and hey, your favorite character may see print!

The only character I want is Lonnie Machin (Anarky). Everyone else I'd want is already covered, I believe.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

cassius335 wrote: The only character I want is Lonnie Machin (Anarky). Everyone else I'd want is already covered, I believe.

Wow, you are lucky, cassius335!

I "Wish" I only had 1 favorite that was not yet covered. Unfortunately, I have quite a few, although I am not sad because so many (@150!) have been covered! They really did a great job with the characters and artwork. So no complaints here! ...And I am sure that some off my list may see print in the Universe Book.

Orphius
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Orphius » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

I have been thinking a lot about this, and I came up with a couple I would like to see. Most of them have to do with Batman Beyond. I would like Terry McGinnis as Batman, Inque, the older Bruce Wayne, Ace the Bat Dog, and Dana. I know there are some obscure members of Batman's Rogue's Gallery that are missing, but I guess I can let those pass. :)
Stephen J. Miller
Ancient Gamer and Curmudgeon
Batman fan since I first learned to talk (ask me about it)

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Any kind of updates for the new 52. Nobody (that I can tell so far) needs to be re-written (unless you were doing some earlier version of Superman when he was still Leaping Tall Buildings), at least as far as stats go... But there's a lot of new characters already and themes already...

GR did a great job on bringing in Vertigo characters already and there's certainly a hefty emphasis on them in the new 52 but there's a lot of the WildStorm Press titles that are now mainstream, as well as the Milestone series. I can't imagine those would be off limits, licencing-wise, now that they are all in the same universe.
Saving the world one NPC at a time...

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 am

Goldar wrote:Wow, you are lucky, cassius335!

I "Wish" I only had 1 favorite that was not yet covered. Unfortunately, I have quite a few, although I am not sad because so many (@150!) have been covered! They really did a great job with the characters and artwork. So no complaints here! ...And I am sure that some off my list may see print in the Universe Book.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was forgetting someone, but I don't believe so. Anarky's the one I really wanna see above all others, though.

...Hmm, maybe pre-"New 52" Solstice, but she's likely too new.

savijmuhdrox
Henchman
Henchman

Postby savijmuhdrox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:08 am

Simply because i was reading some of my Doom Patrol Volume 1 hardcovers.. I gotta at least mention the poor guy, plant, rock.. whatever..

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal-Vegetable-Mineral_Man

Feel free to NOT include him..
For a healthy dose of stupid, @Railbended

Horrorfan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Horrorfan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm hoping we get maps of Metropolis and Gotham. I'd like to see a map of Arkham Asylum. I know we'll be seeing the GCPD. I wonder if we'll see Chloe Sullivan in the write-up for Metropolis or Smallville (she did appear in the comics). It would be good to see Tellus and Gates, since they appear in Legion Lost currently. I know that Static, Grifter, Voodoo and other Wildstorm or Milestone characters are off limits legally but does anyone have good write-ups of them on this site. I doubt it, but maybe they could be in the Universe book.

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Probably nigh impossible ... but I'd love to see THUNDER Agents in it ;)

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry Sketchpad, the THUNDER Agents won't be appearing for the same reason the MIlestone heroes were edited out, and the Wildstorm characters will not be appearing either-DC doesn't have the license to use those intellectual properties in role-playing games.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Return to “DC Adventures”