So who's missing from H&V?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
BCDX97
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:47 pm

So who's missing from H&V?

Postby BCDX97 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't have the PDF but I do have the Table of Contents, and I was wondering who did you guys hope to see and didn't or hope is in Book 4?

I've read Superboy-Prime is one, and am I right that Tim Drake gets two write-ups but Damian Wayne has none? Or maybe I read that wrong.

The guys I'm missing the most are various Legion members (Lightning Lass?, Tellus, Quislet, Matter Eater-Lad, Invisible Kid!, Blok, Black/White Witch, Night Girl, XS).

Who else did we not see that you think (reasonably) we could get in the last book?

User avatar
Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Doresh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:32 am

BCDX97 wrote:I've read Superboy-Prime is one, and am I right that Tim Drake gets two write-ups but Damian Wayne has none? Or maybe I read that wrong.


It's "only" Superboy, not Superboy-Prime. Then again, Superboy-Prime is basically a VERY ANNOYING version of Superman, so you might just use his stats and spout whiny lines that will make your players punch you :mrgreen:

Time Drake appears once as a teenage boy (Robin) and then as an adult (Red Robin) - or whatever the hell his age is when he puts on that costume. Damian has none, but you can use the Robin entry for pretty much every incarnation. You might want to slightly alter their skill point distribution and change their equipment a little (not sure if every Robin used a staff, for example), but that's about it.

And I hope we'll see some Flamebird-related writeups in the next book.

User avatar
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Goldar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 am

BCDX97 wrote:I don't have the PDF but I do have the Table of Contents, and I was wondering who did you guys hope to see and didn't or hope is in Book 4?

Who else did we not see that you think (reasonably) we could get in the last book?


Well, I am glad you asked, BCDX97! I have quite a few favorites that I would like to see profiled, so here they are in no particular order (but bolded ones are my most faves):

Legion/Legion Timeline:
1 Andromeda
2 Blok
3 Saturn Queen
4 Tellus
5 Night Girl
6 Titania
7 Spider-Girl

8 Strata
9 Comet Queen
10 White Witch/Dark Witch

11 Fury (Lyta); Fury (Helena) is supposed to be in Universe book, but we need Lyta version as well!
12 Bumble Bee (Karen Beecher)
13 Lilith
14 Blue Jay
15 Original Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)
16 Insect Queen
17 Maxima
18 Rampage
19 Sindella
20 Silver Sorceress
21 Phantasm (Danny Chase)
22 Flamebird I (Bette Kane)
23 Flamebird II (Kryptonian Mystical Bird)
24 Mongal
25 The Wizard Shazam (Champion)
26 Sargon the Sorcerer
27 Ibus the Invincible
28 Nu'Bia (the Wonder Woman of the "lost" tribe)

29 Mystic Thunderbolt (formerly of Johnny Thunder)
30 Golden Glider
31 Lady Quark
32 Wotan


With a strong BLUE light of Hope, some of these characters will get a profile!! :)

CSABadass
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:41 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby CSABadass » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 am

Goldar wrote:
11 Fury (Lyta); Fury (Helena) is supposed to be in Universe book, but we need Lyta version as well!

15 Original Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)


Fury I is in the Young-All Stars team entry.

I wrote entries for both Liberty Belles. I presume they were cut for space.

User avatar
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Goldar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 am

CSABadass wrote: Fury I is in the Young-All Stars team entry.

I wrote entries for both Liberty Belles. I presume they were cut for space.


Hey, CSA. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I heard Fury from the YAS was planned for the Universe book, but I never like to count my chick'ens 'till I see 'em!

I didn't number them, because originally, Lyta Trevor was Fury 1, but then when Helena K. came along, her timeline being placed during WW2, then they made her Fury 1 and Lyta Fury 2, due to chronology, which kind of makes sense (can't have a #2, before a #1! :lol: )

Glad Fury made it, but since there are 2 of them, and they are different people with different powers from different sources and because I am such a complete-ist, I want both! :)

I take it, you didn't do a Lyta Fury write-up? :(

The stats for LB#2, the daughter of Johnny Quick and LB#1, were written as text, next to JQ's entry in Vol 1. But her mother, LB #1 would have different stats, especially since she was the original Liberty Belt Buckle-Wielder with with her sonic beam power. Since she didn't make it into Vol 2, I was kind of thinking she would make it into the Universe Book, since she is one of the "Oldies but goodies". I Hope she does!

CSABadass
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:41 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby CSABadass » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 am

Goldar wrote:Hey, CSA. Thanks for the info.

I take it, you didn't do a Lyta Fury write-up? :(

The stats for LB#2, the daughter of Johnny Quick and LB#1, were written as text, next to JQ's entry in Vol 1. But her mother, LB #1 would have different stats, especially since she was the original Liberty Belt Buckle-Wielder with with her sonic beam power. Since she didn't make it into Vol 2, I was kind of thinking she would make it into the Universe Book, since she is one of the "Oldies but goodies". I Hope she does!


No, I was drafted to do just the YAS crew, the WWII Fury included.

I saw the sidebar for Jesse in Vol. 1 after I'd completed the requested full entries for Libby and her for Vol. 2. Again, I didn't know they were cut until I saw the final PDF version.

User avatar
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby HustlerOne » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 pm

I too hope to see Maxima in the space section of the fourth book. I'm also surprised the female furies didn't have a team entry in the first book. I guess they'll show up in the apocalypse section. Basically I need more female villains for wonderwoman, big barda, and supergirl to fight with. They're only decent physical female threat so far in the first book is giganta.

The Russian Rocket Red Brigade with their Power Armor would be pretty useful overall. They'd make great minions (for both heroes and villains!).

I doubt we will see stats for Kilowog. :( Even if he is the most famous alien green lantern member. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Goldar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm

HustlerOne wrote:I too hope to see Maxima in the space section of the fourth book. I'm also surprised the female furies didn't have a team entry in the first book. I guess they'll show up in the apocalypse section. Basically I need more female villains for wonderwoman, big barda, and supergirl to fight with. They're only decent physical female threat so far in the first book is giganta.


Yay! Another Maxima "vote"!

I agree, we need more good super-strong females, and, the thing is, DC does have them! We just need to get them profiled in DCA-style! In my original post on this thread, you will notice quite a few super-strong ladies:

Andromeda, Night Girl, Titania, Fury (Lyta), Maxima, Rampage, Strata, Insect Queen, Mongal and Nu'Bia!

But also in Vol 1, in addition to Giganta, don't forget that they also gave us Ursa, Mary Marvel and Elasti-Woman, all who possess great strength!

User avatar
Talison
Partisan
Partisan
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Talison » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Characters I missed off the top of my head...

Ventriloquist
Hugo Strange
Flamebird
Jim Gordon
Tomorrow Woman
Any Alien GL
Shazam
Mister Tawkie Tawnie

User avatar
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Goldar wrote:
Yay! Another Maxima "vote"!

I agree, we need more good super-strong females, and, the thing is, DC does have them! We just need to get them profiled in DCA-style! In my original post on this thread, you will notice quite a few super-strong ladies:

Andromeda, Night Girl, Titania, Fury (Lyta), Maxima, Rampage, Strata, Insect Queen, Mongal and Nu'Bia!

But also in Vol 1, in addition to Giganta, don't forget that they also gave us Ursa, Mary Marvel and Elasti-Woman, all who possess great strength!


I was actually referring to the lack of good super strong female villains in book one. There are actually plenty of powerful heroines like wonder woman and mary marvel. Too bad there's few female villains who comes close to either of them.

I forgot about Ursa because she didn't have her own entry. I also failed to mention Isis whose the wife of Black Adam. She's a perfect foil for mary marvel. Well the second book has Black Alice, bombshell, and knockout so that helps. I can't remember anyone else from the second book at the moment.

User avatar
Goldar
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:58 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Goldar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm

HustlerOne wrote: I was actually referring to the lack of good super strong female villains in book one. There are actually plenty of powerful heroines like wonder woman and mary marvel. Too bad there's few female villains who comes close to either of them.


Ah, my error. You were strictly looking for the villainnesses. :oops: I was just trying to help you out by pointing out a few of the heroines who were scattered throughout Vol 1, plus Ursa who was easy to miss. And I forgot about Isis, so you helped me out! :) It can be difficult to find super-strong ladies, be they on the side of good or evil.

Vol 2 should have plenty of super-strong women, although most will be heroines.

If in Book 4 we get the 3 you mentioned plus Titania, Rampage, Insect Queen and Mongal, then that is at least 7 more villainnesses! And maybe the Furies will make an appearance, adding a few more???

User avatar
PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby PhelanMahoney » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 am

Ventriloquist and Prof Strange not being in there are disappoints for me. But I'm thinking of using the stats for Dr. Sivana and swap as needed for strange. Not sure how I would do Ventriloquist though.

Raws
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Raws » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:41 pm

I missed "the Weird" and I guess he wont be in the 4th book...

User avatar
Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 am

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Doresh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:27 pm

PhelanMahoney wrote:Ventriloquist and Prof Strange not being in there are disappoints for me. But I'm thinking of using the stats for Dr. Sivana and swap as needed for strange. Not sure how I would do Ventriloquist though.


A Crime Lord with a Complication that would ocassionally turn him into another (harmless) character?

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8711
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:12 am
Contact:

Re: So who's missing from H&V?

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:04 pm

I'd make Ventriloquist a useless nobody with a Removable Device that made him better. All you have to do is get rid of the dummy.


Return to “DC Adventures”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests