Art needed for DC alienverse

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Aaron Sullivan
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Art needed for DC alienverse

Postby Aaron Sullivan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:42 am

The bottom one actually looks like it came from the most recent Adam Strange mini...
Aaron Sullivan
Wordmonkey for hire. Will supply own humor and poo for the flinging...

gamemaster72
Disciple
Disciple

Postby gamemaster72 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 pm

greycrusader wrote:Having recently turned in my part of the DC Atlas manuscript, I'm putting out a call for an assistance with the artwork.

All of this needs to be printed/reprinted post-2000, as stated in earlier threads. Art where the character(s) in question are centrally depicted is of course preferable

I intend to use the recent collection of R.E.B.E.L.S. for those characters. I'll check out various GL collections (Sinestro War onward) for Guardians and Zamorans. I could use help with the Controllers and the Manhunters (prior to becoming Sinestro Corps power batteries).

Others: Lady Styx, Maxima, Prince Gavyn/Starman, Vartox (yes, really), Ultra the Multi-Alien (yes-REALLY! I think he appeared in Batman/Superman, right?), the earlier Omega Men (besides Broot, Tigoor, and Darkfire), Mongul (father or son), Mogo (the planet GL), a pic of the Hyperclan Martians (White Martians), Faceless Hunter from Saturn (OK, tough one I admit), and maybe the Bizarro Justice League.

All my best....and thanks for any help.

YAY BIZARRO JUSTICE LEAGUE!!!

Ahem! Sorry about that outburst. You may continue without further interruption. :P

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:12 am

gamemaster72 wrote:YAY BIZARRO JUSTICE LEAGUE!!!

Ahem! Sorry about that outburst. You may continue without further interruption. :P

Cool 8) , it will be interesting to see all of the Bizarro versions of the Justice League. It looks like the Atlas might have more info on the other parallel earths. I wonder if we'll get to see the members of the Justice Underground from the anti-universe.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Mon May 21, 2012 7:43 am

HustlerOne wrote:

Cool 8) , it will be interesting to see all of the Bizarro versions of the Justice League. It looks like the Atlas might have more info on the other parallel earths. I wonder if we'll get to see the members of the Justice Underground from the anti-universe.

Assuming my material makes the final editorial cut, the Bizarro League gets a mention with a little explanation of the members, but no stats. Sorry, they just aren't considered significant enough characters for stat blocks.

The Justice Underground were mentioned in my Crime Syndicate (anti-matter Earth version) in H&V Vol. I. More parallel world material is slated to appear in the Atlas, though I had nothing to do with it.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 am

greycrusader wrote: Assuming my material makes the final editorial cut, the Bizarro League gets a mention with a little explanation of the members, but no stats. Sorry, they just aren't considered significant enough characters for stat blocks.

All my best.

Hey there, Greycrusader.

Would you imagine that the Bizarro League members are about as powerful as their counterparts, only with opposite powers, the way Bizarro is to Superman? If so, perhaps we can stat them using the JL counterparts and inverting the powers to make them Bizarro versions.

Thanks.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Wed May 23, 2012 8:06 am

Hey Goldar:

I appreciate your interest. I'm headed to work soon, but I'll give you an answer (a non-official answer) tomorrow.

All my best.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Fri May 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Goldar wrote:
greycrusader wrote: Assuming my material makes the final editorial cut, the Bizarro League gets a mention with a little explanation of the members, but no stats. Sorry, they just aren't considered significant enough characters for stat blocks.

All my best.

Hey there, Greycrusader.

Would you imagine that the Bizarro League members are about as powerful as their counterparts, only with opposite powers, the way Bizarro is to Superman? If so, perhaps we can stat them using the JL counterparts and inverting the powers to make them Bizarro versions.

Thanks.

For the most part yes, the Bizarro League members would have abilties similar to their counterparts, with suitable power-reversals. As listed in his stat block, Bizarro-Superman has inverted versions of Kal-El's heat vision and freezing breath, icy vision and fiery breath. A Bizarro Kara/Supergirl used Petrifying Vision-optic beams which caused the air around a target to solidify around a target, forming a crytalline sarcophagus. This was the "opposite" of Supergirl's X-ray vision (which makes solid objects appear transparent to Kara). The earlier Bronze Age version of Bizarro had "microscopic vision" which actually reduced objects in size and mass, "telescopic vision" which only allowed Bizarro to see what was behind his back, and X-ray vision which penetrated lead but was obscured by viscous liquids.

There have been several versions of Bizarro and the Bizarro JLA over the years. In the Silver and Bronze Age comics, they were composed of "inamimate matter", and in game terms would all have Stamina scores of 0 and Immunity to Fort-based effects (ie, they were constructs). The Bizarros created by weird science or by magic likely just have 10 points of Life Support, along with perhaps Immunity to Critical Hits. Most have much lower INT scores than their counterparts, though they are often capable of insane brilliance at times.

Again, there were several different Bizarro JLA incarnations. Here are those I am aware of:

Batman: An optimistic, cheeful Batman (his chest symbol is a "Smiley Face"), who employs only non-violent methods and cobbles together makeshift but effective gadgets for his utilitly belt.

Batzarro: "The World's Worst Detective", a violent and loud anti-hero who uses a grappling hook, a chain whip, and twin automatic pistols, but otherwise no gadgets or sophisticated equipment. As illogical as Bizarro, but often has almost clairvoyant hunches. Unlike the real Batman, he has super-powers, namely a radar sense (Batzarro is blind otherwise) and vicious fangs.

Wonder Woman: Sometimes called "Bizarra", she's an especially ugly and ungainly Bizarro, prone to berserk fits in combat. Her magic lariat compels others to lie and behave untruthfully.

Aquaman: Water-phobic, the Bizarro-Aquaman can dehydrate liquids into salt and dust with a touch and dwells in a desert on Bizarro-World, where he communes with the sand-dwelling creatures.

The Flash: There have been at least three alternate versions: One which resembled Professor Zoom but possessed all of Flash's speed powers. A very obese version who could make others around him slow and lethargic as well, and "The Slowest Man Alive", a powerhouse/brick with a super-dense body, whose feet actually would sink into the ground as he moved due to his density and weight. Reversed versions of Flash powers could include creating vacuums instead of whirlwinds, or using a Bizarro-Cosmic Treadmill to freeze time in place instead of travelling along the timelines.

Green Lantern: The Yellow Lantern created Yellow Energy constructs (but they weren't fear-based, if I am correct) and all the other GL powers, but his easily distracted mind meant his creations would usually fade away or fail quickly. There was also a "joke version" whose ring was useless and provided no powers.

Hawkwoman: The Bizarro Hawkwoman (or Hawkgirl, perhaps) was feral and more bird-like, with talons and feather-like hair. She didn't speak but uttered screeches and caws. So she would have a low INT score, a Close Damage (Str-based) due to her claws, and maybe some reverse powers based off Nth metal (which seems to be a plot-device anyway).

A Bizarro Martian Manhunter has been shown at least once, but not much was done with him. Maybe he would be immune to psychic effects, have no telepathic powers, and some sort of heat or fire-based power, while being susceptible to freezing temperatures? That would make him a reverse-J'onn-J'onzz, I suppose.

All my best!

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:56 pm

greycrusader wrote:
HustlerOne wrote:

Assuming my material makes the final editorial cut, the Bizarro League gets a mention with a little explanation of the members, but no stats. Sorry, they just aren't considered significant enough characters for stat blocks.

The Justice Underground were mentioned in my Crime Syndicate (anti-matter Earth version) in H&V Vol. I. More parallel world material is slated to appear in the Atlas, though I had nothing to do with it.

All my best.

If I was statting them up, the Justice Underground would mostly resemble their villainous main DCU Earth counterparts, with a different set of complications in some cases.
So in terms of their DCA/3eM&M write-ups:

Anti-Lex Luthor =Battlesuit version of DCU Luthor, except with intrinsic super-strength, durability, and telepathic blocks (Anti-Lex gave himself super-powers), but without billions in wealth, LEXCO's resources, or any bodyguards/minions.

Quizmaster = Riddler, but combat abilities center on hand to hand feats rather than guns; mental skills are oriented toward vast general knowledge, not solving puzzles/riddles. His fighting style involves anticipating or counterpart moves of opponents. Uses a hi-tech staff (probably represented by Close Damage, Ranged Damage, and Enhanced Parry).

General Grodd = Grodd, just with a benevolent disposition and an arsenal of conventional military weaponry.

Sir Solomon =an intelligent and noble Solomon Grundy.

Lady Sonar = Sonar, an old school GL foe who didn't make the cut for DCA H&V II; stat-wise one could chose to use Count Vertigo or the Pied Piper, who are in the books. She later suffers dire injuries at the hands of Superwoman and is outfitted with bionics to compensate, getting a PL bump.

Q-Ranger =a decent, good-hearted version of Major Force (which is as much a moral inversion as Ultraman or Superwoman).

Other heroes were mentioned in passing, including heroic versions of Eclipso, the Missile Men (Silver-Age foes of the Metal Men), and the H.I.V.E. organization. Two wildly inconsistent versions of a good-guy Deathstroke popped up as well in the various CSA stories. None of these were explained in detail.

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

greycrusader wrote:
If I was statting them up, the Justice Underground would mostly resemble their villainous main DCU Earth counterparts, with a different set of complications in some cases.
So in terms of their DCA/3eM&M write-ups:

Anti-Lex Luthor =Battlesuit version of DCU Luthor, except with intrinsic super-strength, durability, and telepathic blocks (Anti-Lex gave himself super-powers), but without billions in wealth, LEXCO's resources, or any bodyguards/minions.

Quizmaster = Riddler, but combat abilities center on hand to hand feats rather than guns; mental skills are oriented toward vast general knowledge, not solving puzzles/riddles. His fighting style involves anticipating or counterpart moves of opponents. Uses a hi-tech staff (probably represented by Close Damage, Ranged Damage, and Enhanced Parry).

General Grodd = Grodd, just with a benevolent disposition and an arsenal of conventional military weaponry.

Sir Solomon =an intelligent and noble Solomon Grundy.

Lady Sonar = Sonar, an old school GL foe who didn't make the cut for DCA H&V II; stat-wise one could chose to use Count Vertigo or the Pied Piper, who are in the books. She later suffers dire injuries at the hands of Superwoman and is outfitted with bionics to compensate, getting a PL bump.

Q-Ranger =a decent, good-hearted version of Major Force (which is as much a moral inversion as Ultraman or Superwoman).

Other heroes were mentioned in passing, including heroic versions of Eclipso, the Missile Men (Silver-Age foes of the Metal Men), and the H.I.V.E. organization. Two wildly inconsistent versions of a good-guy Deathstroke popped up as well in the various CSA stories. None of these were explained in detail.

I would love to see a "Good" Joker, kind of like The Jester in the DCU Animated Film "Crisis on Two Earths".

Return to “DC Adventures”