DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 11/4/2012

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources

Postby PhelanMahoney » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 am

It probably will surprise no one but I'm partial to Mongrel myself.

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:26 pm

First off hello everybody, it has been a longggggggggggg time :D

I recently saw MnM 3e in a store and couldn't believe it had been so long since I was last here!

I was wondering if there were major changes in combat between 2e and 3e, and if there were any break down of exact 'I punch him, he takes X damage, he lasers me, I take Y damage'

I read the nazi combat form, and it was pretty close to what I was looking for, but lacked the physical break down just to make sure I run combat correct (As you old timers will know, I never got the full hang of 2e haha)

Great to see you all again- Is Snowman still rolling on the forms? I saw Black Mamba :)

-Anji (Chris Garrett)
www.turbulencecomic.com
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

terrestrialboy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby terrestrialboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I've got a few resources I've thrown together as well, and our podcast, The Gamer's Haven, has a M&M3E Actual Play that just posted its 7th issue.

Here are links ...

I've also been trying to figure out how conditions recover. There's no good spot in the book that really tells you how one condition recovers into another. So I spent some time, and came up with this chart:

Conditions Recovery Worksheet

I don't know if it's entirely correct, but it's the best I can do with the book. If I've missed something, or there's an error, please let me know.

I got a bug up my butt and did some research on Mass ranks and made a big comprehensive Time and Mass ranks chart that includes distances, weights, and all kinds of examples for in play. Using the table that was in M&M 2E, I made one for M&M 3E. I'd like people to check my math ...

M&M 3E Mass Rank Benchmarks

Here's our Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Actual Play ...

Justice City United

We also did a series of interviews with some M&M guys at Green Ronin ...

An Interview with T.S. Luikart
An Interview with Jon Leitheusser
An Interview with Chris Pramas
An Interview with Steve Kenson

Anyway, for the Mass and Recovery resources, I definitely need feedback to make sure they're correct ...
President, Gamer's Haven, Inc.
http://www.gamershavenpodcast.com/
"One does not explain away what is already done, one does not argue against what is already accomplished, and one does not condemn what has already gone by."
Analects III:21

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 6/28/11

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 am

terrestrialboy wrote:I've got a few resources I've thrown together as well, and our podcast, The Gamer's Haven, has a M&M3E Actual Play that just posted its 7th issue.

Here are links ...

I've also been trying to figure out how conditions recover. There's no good spot in the book that really tells you how one condition recovers into another. So I spent some time, and came up with this chart:

Conditions Recovery Worksheet

I don't know if it's entirely correct, but it's the best I can do with the book. If I've missed something, or there's an error, please let me know.

I don't think it's correct that conditions that are recovered from 'degrade' into lesser conditions. Instead they simply go away. It's only when recovering from damage that you work your way down. Now certain conditions are superseded by others. For example, if you're Vulnerable and become Defenseless, you're just Defenseless, not Defenseless and Vulnerable. When you recover from Defenseless, it just goes away, it doesn't downgrade to vulnerable.

terrestrialboy wrote:I got a bug up my butt and did some research on Mass ranks and made a big comprehensive Time and Mass ranks chart that includes distances, weights, and all kinds of examples for in play. Using the table that was in M&M 2E, I made one for M&M 3E. I'd like people to check my math ...

M&M 3E Mass Rank Benchmarks

Here's our Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Actual Play ...

Justice City United

We also did a series of interviews with some M&M guys at Green Ronin ...

An Interview with T.S. Luikart
An Interview with Jon Leitheusser
An Interview with Chris Pramas
An Interview with Steve Kenson

Anyway, for the Mass and Recovery resources, I definitely need feedback to make sure they're correct ...

All of these are linked in now.

Just to remind everyone, this thread doesn't get updated as often anymore. I've moved it here to the main M&M forums.
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

LordDarkkon
Bystander
Bystander

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 6/28/11

Postby LordDarkkon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 am

The big list of rpg plots is currently broken I keep on going to some type of computer resources site.

Jungle_Nin
Bystander
Bystander

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 10/13/11

Postby Jungle_Nin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:00 pm

The 2e to 3e conversion link is broken.

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 2/4/2012

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Link to the conversion stuff is fixed. Apparently GR moved the files around.

Just to remind everyone, the primary copy of the list is here. I don't update this copy as much anymore.

In fact, is there a way for the board admins to tweak this thread so it'll link to the main copy?

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 2/4/2012

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Updated again, to add all the previews for H& Villains Vol. 2. I must apologize again for so long an absence. Like far too many others these days, I've lost my job and have had to concentrate on rectifying that situation.

I'm pretty sure there's lots of other things that need to be added; I'll work on them as I can.

Jed Clayton
Bystander
Bystander

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 3/19/2012

Postby Jed Clayton » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 am

Thank you for those new links, Wanderer.

I'm pleased to see that Power Girl has been included. I read all of her recent (and discontinued) solo series, she's always a favorite. ;)

All the best for your job hunt. I was lucky to get a new job at the beginning of January, and right now I am fighting very hard to keep it for a while to come.

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 8/1/2012

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 am

Updated to synchronize it with the master list. Last item is the new Batman versus Bane quickstart.

As far as the job thing goes, I've been working part-time for a while, and now have gone full-time.

AdamBomb
Bystander
Bystander

Re: DC Adventures/MnM 3E Resources - Updated 8/1/2012

Postby AdamBomb » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 pm

That was pretty sweet.
"...I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house, I don't know why I call him Gerald. He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse..."

Return to “DC Adventures”