It's mostly good, but again there are a few things that could use some clarification:
Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 6, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 10, Presence 4
- Does he really need all that DEX? It's not uncommon for players to set AGI and DEX at equal ranks for a sense of consistency even if there's no mechanical benefit, but he has twice as much DEX as AGI and no DEX-based skills, so it seems really wasteful. He could easily drop DEX to 0 and buy up Ranged Attack 6 for the same functionality and a 6p discount. Heck, he only has one Ranged Attack (that darned Deflect) so if he doesn't plan on using other ranged attacks effectively (like thrown objects or maybe picking up a gun), he could just buy up Ranged Combat Skill for even fewer points.
- Does he really need all that Awareness? This is for a different reason, since he's definitely using the AWE-based skills. AWE 10 is incredibly high. Comparing to the 600+ DC official builds, about 2% of them have AWE 10 or higher and all of those are PL12 or higher. So while there's nothing rules-wise that stops him from having all that AWE, there should be a very good reason for his character to have it.
Teleportation: Teleport 10 [Metahuman; Extended (+1); Change Direction (+1), Change Velocity (+1), Increased Mass (+1)]
Alt: Teleport Others' Attacks: Deflect 10 [Metahuman, Teleport; Reflect (+1), Redirect (+1)]
Alt: Teleport others: Teleport 5 [Metahuman; Change Direction (+1), Change Velocity (+1), Attack (+0), Improved Mass (+1)]
Alt: Far-Sighted: Remote Sensing 10 [Metahuman; Simultaneous (+1); Feedback (-1)]
Alt: Far Hearing: Remote Sensing 10 [Metahuman; Simultaneous (+1); Feedback (-1)]
The array is okay, although it's underpowered, and I'd want to make sure that's intentional.
- The Deflect power would cost 30p. It could be pushed up to Deflect 11 and cost 33p, which would still fit in the array slot and wouldn't affect the PL since Toughness is really low.
- Teleport other as an Attack needs to be defined. As written, it's a Close Attack, so it targets the Parry defense like all Close Attacks. It also has to have a resistance chosen, which is usually Dodge or Will, but it should be appropriate to the descriptor of the attack. Lastly, at rank 5 it costs 13 points, so he could easily increase the rank or possibly make the attack Ranged or even Perception ranged without going over the array cost. It would make conceptual sense that he couldn't teleport others further than himself, so 10 rank should probably be the top limit, but that could be Ranged Teleport 10 or Perception Range Teleport 7. It depends on how he wants it to work.
- The Far-senses don't need the Feedback to fit in the array, but if he wants to keep them to fit concept, that's cool. If I had to assume how it would work, I would guess that he somehow uses the teleport "hole" to look or listen to another location, using just one eye or one ear (allowing for Simultaneous). The viewing portal could be sensed with a DC20 (10 + rank) Insight check by those being observed, and Feedback means that the portal can be attack and hurt him directly, although the portal does provide some protection. For one more point the portal could be Subtle and require a DC30 to sense, which would generally be impossible for anyone not on par with PL10 characters. If he is keeping the Feedback, I would suggest having the two senses together so he can see and hear at the same time, since he should have the points for it, unless it's part of his concept that he can only do one at a time.
TheSander wrote:Senses [Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight, low-Light Vision, Teleport Awareness]:
Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight, Low-Light Vision, Teleport Awareness: Senses 5 [Metahuman; Innate (+1)]
I'm not sure why this is written out twice, but otherwise it seems fine. Keep in mind that Teleport Awareness should be assigned a sense group (probably Mental) and is Ranged by default, but not Radius, so he'd have to be facing the direction of any teleportation powers to sense them.
Agile Feint, Assessment, Seize Initiative, Close Attack 4, Evasion 4
Acrobatics 5 (+8 ), Athletics (+0), Deception (+4), Insight 10 (+20), Intimidation (+4), Perception 10 (+20), Persuasion 10 (+14), Ranged Combat: Deflection 10 (+16), Stealth 5 (+8 )
Few points here:
- Agile Feint can be used with either Acrobatics or movement speed, so technically he could use his Teleport 10 (as long as that array slot is active). Honestly, I'd never considered Teleport with Agile Feint, but even though you could argue that Teleport isn't technically "moving" in the same way as all of the other movement powers, it is definitely used as a deceptive maneuver in genre and that is what Agile Feint is all about, so that's pretty cool. It also means he could drop Acrobatics if he wanted to, although it has other uses.
- Assessment requires Insight checks, and he has hit caps on both his Insight and Perception. While there's nothing wrong with this, it does mean he is at the highest possible level for those skills without going to a higher Power Level, and there should be some kind of character reason for that. Even the (arguably overbuilt) official Batman build only has Insight +17 total and Perception +20 and he's PL12.
- There's no such thing as Evasion 4. I have to assume that's a typo.
Deflect +16, Damage
Teleport +8, Damage
Dodge 10, Parry 4
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 4, Will 12
- ah, that +16 on Deflect. Still seems like an end run on PL limits, especially with a bonus that high. I've commented on this previously in the thread
, so I'll just say that it might be better to put some of those points somewhere else.
- so offensively, the Teleport Attack works out to PL9, the Deflect is PL "undefined", and unarmed is PL4. On the defensive side, he defends Close attacks at PL4, Ranged at PL7 and exotic attacks at PL8. Admittedly, the Deflect power helps a lot, but I'd recommend pushing up a few of those lower defenses to keep from getting taken down by surprise attacks.
That went a lot longer than I thought, but hopefully gives you something to work with.