Impaired condition, when bound after a grab, affect escape?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Impaired condition, when bound after a grab, affect escape?

Postby spikevampire » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am

As topic, very quick question. Sorry I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum.

Also, Impaired seems to affect a bit everything, someone also think it should affect dodge and parry as active defense are just routine checks, but
do you think it should affect saves like fortitude, will, toughness?

On the same line, it will affect any strength or power check but not the DC from a strength based attack or power damage right?

Spike!

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Impaired condition, when bound after a grab, affect esca

Postby Monolith » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 am

Impaired and disabled are very open to gm interpretation. They can be as narrow or as broad as the descriptor of the power and gm will allow. For example, someone wearing handcuffs might be impaired, but that impairment is probably only going to limit things the character can do with their hands rather then how well they can dodge attacks or suck up punches to the face. The gm's going to need to decide these things on a case by case basis depending on the descriptors involved.

spikevampire
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: Impaired condition, when bound after a grab, affect esca

Postby spikevampire » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 am

Uhm, sound very circumstantial then...
I guess then for a grab based impairment you're definitely having -2 to the breaking out check but not for the toughness or fortitude ones.

On the other hand, a impaired coming from exhausted could have an effect on these checks as well as your whole body is run down... I guess

Return to “DC Adventures”