Ehanced Powers

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Jhyarelle
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Ehanced Powers

Postby Jhyarelle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 am

Just want to know if this is ok. I mean I understand using it as Enhanced Strength for the purpose lifting.

Can I use it on powers?
Ex: Speed 8 can move at speed up to 250 MPH.
Enhanced Speed 2 for the purpose of long distance travel. (Speed 10: 1000 MPH)
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't what I'm doing"
"I'm so clever that at sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying."

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Ehanced Powers

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am

Yes. Particularly since Speed is not a PL-limited power.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:13 pm

That's what the Stacks Extra is for.

I often use it for powers that are the same, but one is in an array, and one isn't, sometimes with extras like a character that can AE a higher rank Impervious force field off of their Create.

Jhyarelle
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Jhyarelle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:17 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Yes. Particularly since Speed is not a PL-limited power.

Really???? I'm serious, I didn't know that there are powers that are not restricted to PL limits. Is there a list of these powers or do I have to look them up individually in the book/pdf ?
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't what I'm doing"
"I'm so clever that at sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying."

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am

Jhyarelle wrote:
FuzzyBoots wrote:Yes. Particularly since Speed is not a PL-limited power.

Really???? I'm serious, I didn't know that there are powers that are not restricted to PL limits. Is there a list of these powers or do I have to look them up individually in the book/pdf ?

If it doesn't have a saving throw, or a related attribute, or skill, then it is not restricted by PL limits. So for example, movement speeds are not restricted by PL.

Arthur Eld wrote:That's what the Stacks Extra is for.

I often use it for powers that are the same, but one is in an array, and one isn't, sometimes with extras like a character that can AE a higher rank Impervious force field off of their Create.

Um, if you are talking about 3E, there is no such extra: Powers automatically stack, its only equipment that doesn't stack, to my knowledge.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:43 am

saint_matthew wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:That's what the Stacks Extra is for.

Um, if you are talking about 3E, there is no such extra: Powers automatically stack, its only equipment that doesn't stack, to my knowledge.

He may be referring to the Herolab construct, which makes the math work out for powers that stack on top of each other.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:21 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:He may be referring to the Herolab construct

Wouldn't know... I build all my characters by hand.... Pencil & paper.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “DC Adventures”