Separate, Cumulative Afflictions?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Separate, Cumulative Afflictions?

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Are there any rules for separate Cumulative Afflictions of the same type stacking?

I ask because I was rewatching one of my favorite TV shows (considering doing some sitcom builds) and a character gets tazed by airport security, only to laugh it off. But then she gets tazed again and drops. Maybe she rolled high and then low, or maybe she got Dazed and then Stunned?

That's just one example, but it reminds me of somebody (maybe the Hulk) getting peppered by tranqs from multiple different shooters.

If there aren't any rules for this, how would you as GMs handle this?

Sorry if this is spelled out somewhere-I am suffering from mild food poisoning and not thinking my best.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Separate, Cumulative Afflictions?

Postby Monolith » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm

I'd think it's logical for 2 afflictions of the same effects and descriptor to be able to stack.

Multiple afflictions from different people could also be a aid or team attack, giving circumstance bonus to-hit or to the dc of the attack. You're just seeing all the individual actions independently.

xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby xquel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Under Affliction, it states that the same Affliction DOES NOT stack, unless you have cumlative on it. The target has to fail more for you to get a better effect.
"United we stand! Divided we fall!" - Rally Cry of the Untied Heroes of the World.

"If the GM is smiling, it is already too late."

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:00 pm

xquel wrote:Under Affliction, it states that the same Affliction DOES NOT stack, unless you have cumlative on it. The target has to fail more for you to get a better effect.

And since the afflictions being asked about are separate afflictions that both have cumulative, I'm fairly sure that the thread creator already knew that.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Return to “DC Adventures”