another noob question about slowing time...

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

another noob question about slowing time...

Postby cenderme84 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 am

Hi everyone,

while waiting answer for my variable question in this section i want to ask another power build question. So i want to build a power like below;

There is a character in anime called "Fairy Tail" whose name is Racer. The ones who watch know this character has a power called "slowing magic". it works like that; Quote from the wiki website "Originally believed to be capable of drastically enhancing Racer’s own speed, Slowing Magic, true to its name, is later revealed to be a time-affecting Magic, changing the way its targets perceive time, and thus making it appear for them that Racer is moving around at unholy speed, allowing him to attack freely before they get a chance to counter. This kind of Magic makes Racer formidable at melee and short range, allowing him to evade most attacks performed against him, even the fastest ones, and even to avoid combined assaults from different opponents.[32] As for taking out his foes, Racer made claim that, despite his offensive power being considered mediocre, through the use of his overwhelming speed and a simple knife, he could easily slice any opponent’s throat before they'd have the chance to cast a single spell.[14] However, the Magic does have a weakness, residing in its limited range, meaning that only people and objects within a certain area around Racer are affected by it. Anything outside his range moves at its normal pace, but looks like it is moving much faster. Likewise, anything that originated from outside of his area of effect will retain its normal speed even if it enters his range afterwards"

So how can i build this power in mm3e?

Thanks for your concern...

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Re: another noob question about slowing time...

Postby Greyman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:22 am

There are a few ways to do this.

You could build it as a set of super-speed effects with a slowing magic descriptor and a Quirk - can't traverse great distances, use extended searches, or such. However, this doesn't address the issue of observers outside the slowing field -- snippers, allies, etc.

Alternatively you could try to build it as an affliction. Something like:

Slowing Magic: Burst-Area, Cumulative, Reaction (to new target), Sustained Affliction # (Dodge Resists, Fortitude Overcomes; Dazed/Stunned/Paralysed) Instant Recovery * 7 points per rank.

[This is off the top of my head; it hasn't received a proper veto.]

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for the answer...

cenderme84
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cenderme84 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:35 am

so if there are 3 foe in front of me i used "slow time power" above. if one of them resisted so two who not resisted saw me ultra fast but in fact it changed the way they perceive time i mean they are slowed. so what about the one who resisted. does he see me moving normal speed? and the other two see him move fast too?

Madwand
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Madwand » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 am

The description you posted just sounds like special effects for a high close combat/ranged combat bonus, and a high parry and dodge. Feel free to put the close combat and ranged combat traits in an array to save points.

Return to “DC Adventures”