Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Any Alternative Write-ups on GL Power Rings?

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.

Any Alternative Write-ups on GL Power Rings?

Postby Damren » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 am

Having a Rookie GL in the group and comparing the comic book capabilities to the game stat'ed capabilities have left us with some pretty open questions as to what GL's should be capable of, at minimum, and whether or not the game system really represents the abilities of the Power Rings as well as it should. Any one have any thoughts on this? Alternative write-ups?
Damren
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Any Alternative Write-ups on GL Power Rings?

Postby Monolith » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:28 am

Like I just said in your other post, the ring has a lot of power stunt potential. In m&m the power write up is just the base template. The power stunts done while being used are the real gambit of abilities.

You don't design the ring to do everything. You design the ring to do the basic things and then stunt all the oddball things. Hal making a stethoscope to hear through a wall is just a power stunt, because its not something he does every issue.

Back in my Champions days Aaron Allston used to say if you don't see it done 3 times in the comics it's probably just writer's fiat power. In m&m those writer's fiat powers are power stunts.
Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Damren » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I can certainly understand that & will look a little more deeply into power stunts. I think I'm just trying to narrow down the GL 'basic training' to some degree. If you're going to let a GL into the game, are there powers, or probably stunts, that should be a part of the training regiment? What does the drill instructor teach?
Damren
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby jspade » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 am

My alternate writeup of a generic GL is here.
Jack of Spades' Builds
jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Return to DC Adventures