Post DCA Heroes and Villains Volume 2 errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Post DCA Heroes and Villains Volume 2 errata here

Postby Saltcrow » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 pm

pg. 55 - Miss Martian statblock

Her Martian Durability has Impervious Protection 3, while her Density in the Martian Morphology array can bring up the Impervious Toughness by an additional 14 - above and beyond her +14 Toughness bonus.

Either making her Martian Durability as plain Protection or reducing Density's Impervious Toughness down to 11 will fix the problems.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 am

CSABadass wrote:
scc wrote:Page 252: Uncle Sam: Under Powers & Abilities it mentions he can grow to a Giant but he has no growth powers.

Sam *can* grow to giant size (Elongation). If he had Growth, the STR bonus would wreck his PL limits.

Thanks I wasn't sure about that. That makes sense. Though he could have a growth power with no stat increases as a limit.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Page 107: The Pied Piper: His Super-Sonic Flute should have the easily removable flaw for -12 points.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:13 pm

M's - all the Martiains, Metal and Misters you can manage. Lots of issues with Shrinking and Constructs with absent Abilities.

p30 - Jervis Tetch (intellectual property law is a harsh mistress) - under Powers, the Mind Control Chips are Sustained, which is a +2 Extra over the base Instant Duration for Afflictions, so the power costs not 27, but 37 points (unless the chips are also Removable), making a total of 43 and a grand total of 153. There's also a "Triggered" extra in the Offense section, but nothing about Trigger in Powers.
/rant on
Right now it looks like a close-range Mind Control effect aided by mid-range radios, with no clue how to roll "to hit". A more coherent design might be to put the control in the hat and make it Perception Area (Radio sense) and use the chips as receivers only.
/rant off
p34 - Magog - My math gives me 6p on Magog's Staff, not 5, but it is pretty confusing.
p36 - Major Disaster - technically, using his full Deflect 14 would bump MD up to PL13 defensively.
p39 - Manhunter (Kirk DePaul) - under Equipment and Offense, Shuriken should be only Damage 1, not 3. Likely a typo based on their 3p cost. Same error on Paul Kirk.
p41 - Manhunter (Kate Spencer) - grand total is 134, not 135.
p43 - The Manhunters - The Construct problem still persists. Abilities should add up to 56 if you set STA at 0, but the printed total is 66. I also get 105 for total Powers, not 103. Lastly, defense makes for PL11, not 10.
- Highmaster Manhunter - same problem of at least 10p overcost for abilities. Also, under Powers Willhunter Tendrils has both Cumulative and Progressive Extras. Do these actually stack? Besides that, Intimidation is getting no bonus from Growth, and Power total should be 184, not 189.
p44 - Martian Manhunter - The DCAHH version of MM has Life Support, and the vol2 version does not, although the point total hasn't changed enough for this to seem intentional. (Miss Martian has Life Supprt as well.) Also, Martian Durability already has some Impervious ranks, so when Density is fully active, there are more Imperv ranks than Toughness to apply to them. This was done correctly in DCAHH.
p46 - Max Mercury - Movement 3 not added to Super-Speed total (should be 76), but Powers total is correct.
p48 - Metal Men - ALL are off by 10 on Abilities totals. Also, Tin is PL8, Iron has Defense total 12, Mercury has Powers total 94, and Platinum has Advantages total 3.
p53 - Mirror Master - under Powers, the Mirror Portal power is priced for a rank 7 Teleport but written as 8. Also, the Mirror Gun is Accurate, plus all the other bonuses push it to +10 for a 12 rank attack, making him PL11
p54 - Mirror Mastery sidebar - Multiple Minions is showing incorrect images per rank, and the cost is wrong in any close combination I can find.
p55 - Miss Martian - same impervious overload as Martian Manhunter.
p56 - The Mist (Nash) - the Power Living Mist should cost 75p. Also under Advantages it list Equipment 9, but listed equipment only totals 3, and Skills total should be 45.
p58 - Mr. Freeze - Icy Snare is missing Extra Condition, Refrigeration Suit costs 37p.
p59 - Mister Mind - the Tiny power costs 41p (the Permanent Modifier requires Continuous Duration, so applied to a Sustained effect it is a +0 modifier.)
p61 - Mister Miracle - Flare power should have Limited to One Sense. Also Oberon's Performer skill should be based on PRE like Miracle's, his Abilities total 16p and his Shrinking should cost 9p
p64 - Mister Terrific - the T-Sphere's Powers total should be 110, likely due in part to the Shrinking error.
p66 - Monarch - the Power Detect Energy Spectra needs Ranged, Quantun Snare doesn't define its Affliction, and I think STA is meant to be 12.
p67 - Forerunner - Powers total should be 86.
p68 - Mongul - Ranged Combat is undefined. Advantages total is 9
p69 - Mordru - Sorcery array is marked Dynamic but no slots are purchased that way. Powers total is 165.
p71 - Morgaine le Fey - Toughness total is only 12

That should do it for now. At this rate I doubt I'll finish before the book goes to press, but hopefully the others will cover my slack. :)
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Short section on N

p80 - Nightshade - Shadow Warp costs 42p (possibly meant to be 6 ranks)

psistrike covered most of the rest. One more with editorial content, though.

p82 - Nightwing - small fixes since the DCAHH have cleaned him up well: removed Instant Up because with his Skill Mastery and Acro skill it's useless, and dropped a rank of Def Roll to keep him at PL10. Kudos. Also added Leadership, which is nice, but apparently dropped Agile Feint, which seems weird for one of the best acrobats in the DCU. The Advantages total is also a point short, so I suspect Agile Feint being dropped may have been an oversight.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Starfire, p.195, first paragraph: The second to last sentence says Koriand'r was banished from Tamaran. That should be Komand'r.
Kickstarter: Tripod Machine presents Do Not Approach (Super-powered by M&M)
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Unless I am doing something wrong, Star Sapphire's Conversion Crystals would cost 40 points.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Larfreeze's Expertise should be 13 and his Insight 9. His Mobile Constructs should be 10 to fit into his Array.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:24 pm

JDRook wrote:I'm not as fast as psistrike, but I do dig in the corners for this errata.

p23 - Lobo - Powers total should be 87, not 81, for a grand total of 258

While Lobs Array says that it is removable the power points (-12) are factored like it is easily removable. If it is meant to be easily removable then the power points as listed (81 points spent on powers) is correct if it is supposed to be just removable then the cost needs to be increased like JDRook mentioned

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 am

Martian Manhunter's power point total for the Powers section has a number of issues;

1. The total cost of Telepathy power is listed as 31 points when it should say 42

2. Immunity 10 (Life Support) effect is missing from the Martial Durability power and its power point calculation, even though it is accounted for in the Power Points section.

The total pp cost for the Powers is correct at 145 though, when all these typos are fixed.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Is it me, or does Steel have no power on his hammer to do melee damage with it?

Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doresh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:36 am

According to his Offense stats, there's a "Close, Strength-based Damage 3" missing somewhere - or the "Inertial Damage Field" can apply to close range, too.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 pm

It's likely Vol 2 has already gone to press, but I'll keep these for reference, PDF updates and, market willing, a second printing. :)

O

p88 Oracle - as written, she has 99 skill ranks for 50p, not 47
p90 Orange Construct - Agility 10 should give Dodge 10 and Defense total 0. Also Orange Hunger has +0 to hit
Larfleeze - Mobile Constructs increases Array to 36 points, plus Orange Consumption is not included in total array cost. Abilities total should be 38 and Powers total should be 106.
p92 Orion - Powers total is 100, not 101.
Sturmer - Intimidation should include Growth bonus for 8 (+10). Also, Ability total is incorrect whether including Growth bonuses or not, and Powers total is 20, not 18, likely due to Permanent flaw miscalculation. Defenses will need to be adjusted once Abilities are fixed.
p94 Faust - Healing Touch should be rank 10 to fit the array.
p95 Halo - Skills total is 18, not 14, for a grand total of 154. Also, Rainbow Array has 2 Blue effects. Is this correct?
p96 Indigo - Grand Total should be 246.
Looker - Mind Control is too big for the array, Intimidation should be 9(+14). Skills total should be 29.
p98 Thunder - Dodge, Fortitude and Toughness should reflect the variable Dense Body/Light Body values.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Pg 110, Plastique - point total 1119 (should be 119)

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:18 pm

P

p100 Peacemaker - The Jet is only 76ep, but the Equipment total is 112ep, which make the Equipment
Advantage 23. Advantages total should be 49.
p102 The Penguin - Trick Umbrella is listed as Easily Removable, but it is costed as only Removable and there is a note in the Powers & Abilities text explaining why they are NOT Easily Removable.
p104 Per Degaton - Powers total is 54.
p110 Plastique - Athletics should be 5(+6)
p112 Poison Ivy - Her Pheromones are written as Grab-based, but cost-wise and concept-wise they don't really need to be.
Giant Animated Tree - All messed up. Grab-based Area Damage 12 might be PL12? Elongation include Improved Grab, so should be italicized and Advantages total 4. All totals except skills are wrong. Complication should read "Affected by things which harm and affect plants."
p116 Typical Ivo Robot - CC: Unarmed 7(+11) should be 5(+11) to make all the numbers fit.
p118 Prometheus - Cosmic Key Dimensional Attack fix has lowered the attack's effect cost to 28p and total cost of the Key to 17p. Also, Neural Download is 14p before calculating Removable, and the full Helmet cost is 61p -12 for Removable for 49p. Advantage Daze changed from (Deception) to (Intimidation) since the HH, although Deception is the stronger skill, also Persuasion bumped to 7(+11). Powers total off due to Cosmic Key.
p119 Psycho-Pirate - Medusa Mask presumably needs Perception Range on both linked effects in order to match the cost.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “Errata”