Post M&M GMs Guide Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Post M&M GMs Guide Errata Here

Postby Jameson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Page 7 - 3rd paragraph under "Golden Age", first sentence, there is a missing space between "theevil" in "... to fight theevil of the Axis powers."
Page 10 - missing a space in "aircrews" under the entry for Pistols.
Page 12 - Under Antitank rockets it says "reloading requires a full-round action." 3e doesn't use that terminology.
Page 12 - Mortars - There is no Area: Explosion in 3e.
Page 12 - Field Artillery - There is no Area: Explosion in 3e. Improved Range is now known as Extended Range.
Page 13 - Heavy tank - There is no Area: Explosion in 3e.
Page 18 - Recoiless Rifles - There is no Area: Explosion in 3e.

page 186 - Akido has Improved Trip listed twice
page 187 - unless I miss my mark the Judo is also known as Jujitsu not Jujutsu
page 188 - Kung Fu as the Concentration skill listed. Concentration is not in the book. For clarity it should probably read "Expertise: Concentration" or similar.
Page 200 - first sentance under "Building Lairs", correct 'islantd' to island
page 203 - Amusement Park header is not formatted properly
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Post M&M GMs Guide Errata Here

Postby Psistrike » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

page 125: Earthworm additional traits shouldn't have Regrowth for Regeneration, as that is considered a default ability for the power in 3rd edition and lost limbs are treated as Complications.
page 133: Ape's stats make it only a PL 4 overall. Bat's stats would make it PL 3 defensively due to Dodge and Toughness. Elephant's Fortitude and Will Defenses bump it up to PL 8 [7.5 actually].
page 136: Whale Strength should be 12, Abilities cost is way off with the stats given. Fighting should be 2 based on Close Combat skill. If all other stats are correct and Abilities cost is corrent, then Intellect should be -3. A roughly 5--foot humpback, should be 50 foot.
page 136: Cultists, 2nd paragraph, 2nd sentance: Trade out appropriate Knowledge skills, should be Expertise skills.
page 138: Stegosaurus's Strength-based Damage has it called Bite in the ( ) name, instead of Tail Strike. Animated Tree's stats make it only PL 6, unless Fortitude 8 [Fortitude equal to PL] and lacking a Will defense count towards caps.
page 139: Blob should be PL 6, unless the same note for Animated Tree counts. Giant Flytrap should be PL 8, unless the same note for Animated Tree counts.
page 140: Giant Insect should be PL 4, unless the same note for Animated Tree counts.
page 144: Hitman rifle combat stats are off, listing the Damage as 7 instead of 5 given under Equipment.
page 145: Zombie Template example is off, as the T-Rex has 10 ranks of Growth, which each add Toughness for constructs without Stamina. Thus it would only need 2 ranks of Protection to make up for the missing Stamina and increase the cost by 2 points, from 71 to 73.
page 164: Last paragraph of Fencing the Goods, last sentance. "This can learn to a breakthrough...", should be "This can lead to a breakthrough..."
page 191: Ability Strain, 2nd paragraph, last part: (lowering it to 0 or less). should be (lowering it to -6 or less).
page 205: 1st paragraph, 2nd sentance: Maybe the lion they call "the King of the Beast" is smarter than anyone things....things should be thinks.
page 217: Skyfortress says it has an effective Strength of 100 and requires a similar Strength to lift or move the vessel. Holdover from 2nd edition, should be probably be lifting Strength of 20 in 3rd edition.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

page 41: "The main problem is retraining the criminal’s powers to ensure he stays in prison."
Guessing that should be restraining.

page 55: "One possibility is to give your solo villains more reactions; provide the villain with powers that are free actions or reactions"
Seeing how the second part of that sentence references reactions, should "more reactions" in the first part perhaps simply be "more actions" ?

page 175: "DC 15, +1 per previous check, up to a maximum if rank 8" Should be "maximum of rank 8".
Last edited by UnkindMirror on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 am

p.3 - the headers for "Chapter 5: Challenges" and "Chapter 6: Options" are in the wrong location. The Chapter 5 header should come before "Disasters... 173" and the Chapter 6 header should come before "Hero Creation... 185". Formatting needs to be applied to "Appendix: Villainous Lairs...200", "Subway Station...215", and "Skyscraper Penthouse...219".

p.5 - Second paragraph, second sentence- "Needless to say, Green Ronin Publishing has not yet figured out how to pre-package a great GM for you."

"Chapter 1: Settings discusses creating an entire universe for your M&M heroes:"

Under the "Chapter 4: Plots" header- "It includes a random adventure idea table along with some advice on constructing M&M adventures."

p.60 - first paragraph, second sentence- “No matter how much I desire vengeance, I’ll never issue
the order ‘Leave him! He’s mine!’”

more after sleep...

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Jameson wrote:page 187 - unless I miss my mark the Judo is also known as Jujitsu not Jujutsu

That's an archaic romanization; -jutsu is the way that the kanji in question is usually translated, these days.

Page 188 -- Israeli is mispelled twice.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:54 am

Psistrike wrote:page 133: Ape's stats make it only a PL 4 overall. Bat's stats would make it PL 3 defensively due to Dodge and Toughness.

The Ape is actually PL4.5 both offensively and defensively. It also seems to have sonar . . . I assume Accurate Hearing for the Ape was a typo of some sort due to its proximity to the Bat.

The Bat as written would be PL3 defensively, but there's no stat or mechanic that would make it a -2 Toughness. (3e Shrinking does not effect Stamina or Toughness.) As written, Toughness should just be zero, making it PL4 defensive. Alternatively, Stamina should be -2 to match Toughness, changing totals and making the bat PL3 defensive.

On the other hand, Shrinking also gives the bat a +16 Stealth, technically making it a PL6. One could remove the 2 ranks of Stealth skill since Stealth can be used untrained, making it +14 and the bat PL4.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 am

Minion Archetypes
p.134 Horse has Extended Vision, surely an error.
p.135 Shark has Dexterity 1... to do what with, exactly?
p. 139 Typo under Blob: says "possibly" instead of possible.
Kickstarter: Tripod Machine presents Do Not Approach (Super-powered by M&M)
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!

Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doresh » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 am

p. 102+106 - The tactics sections of the Martial Artist and Master of Disguise talk about an Advantage called "Elusive Target", which doesn't exist in 3e.

p. 199: The Impervious Toughness example has a small error. A trained platoon would NOT be able to harm someone with Impervious Toughness 20, since Impervious ignores everything that is less or equal to half its rank. The force in question should probably be a trained company (Damage total 12).

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Horses are listed as Speed 4 on p. 134. However, relative to humans and wolves, Horses and Herd Animals should be Speed 1 or 2. I don't know how the Bat and Dolphin speeds were calculated, but if they represent peak speed, they need to lose a Rank to account for double moving.
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Knockback; pg 193
There is a disagreement between the rule & the example on how much damage a character takes when striking an obstacle due to knockback.

The character suffers additional damage equal to the knockback result or the Toughness of any obstacle (such as a wall), whichever is greater. The obstacle suffers damage equal to the original attack (which may damage or break it).

Example: Junkpile strikes Ultramarine with an enormous rusting fist resulting in two degrees of failure on her Damage resistance check. The armored avenger may suffer some knockback. Junkpile’s strike does Damage 16. Ultramarine has Toughness 12 and no other modifiers for size or immovability. So the knockback result is 4, send- ing Ultramarine flying 500 feet and striking a wall before she skids to a stop. The wall’s Toughness is 8, and it suffers Damage 16 (equal to the original attack). Ultramarine breaks through it and goes the remaining distance. She has to resist Damage 8 (the wall’s Toughness), which she does easily.

Emphasis mine. I suspect the rule should say "whichever is less."

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 pm

There is no error here. The wording is pretty clear and in agreement:

The character suffers additional damage equal to the knockback result or the Toughness of any obstacle (such as a wall), whichever is greater.
So the knockback result is 4, send- ing Ultramarine flying 500 feet and striking a wall before she skids to a stop. ... Ultramarine breaks through [the wall] and goes the remaining distance. She has to resist Damage 8 (the wall’s Toughness), which she does easily.

The knockback result was 4, the wall's toughness 8, so she suffered the greater of the two.

The obstacle suffers damage equal to the original attack (which may damage or break it).
The wall’s Toughness is 8, and it suffers Damage 16 (equal to the original attack).

The Wall takes damage equal to the original attack.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:26 pm

D'oh! So it does - I stand corrected.

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

The Puppeteer (p.120) is missing their Deception skill.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 pm

P. 186: "(See tech levels in this chapter.)" This appears to reference a missing section, as no other reference to tech level appears anywhere in the book. Which is a shame, because I was really hoping for that section.

Return to “Errata”