Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby ZuluEchoNovember » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 pm

UnkindMirror wrote:
ZuluEchoNovember wrote:Adam Strange, pg. 12:

The Removable on his Jet Pack should read -2 points not -3 (at rank 7 it only has 14 points not the necessary 15 to warrant a third -1), total cost of jet pack should equal 12 points.

The Removable on his Ray Guns, at rank 7, should also only read "-4 points" rather than -6. Total cost for the Ray Guns should be 10 points.

The Removable on his Zeta Beamer should read "-0 points" because it doesn't warrant any reduction. It doesn't cost the minimum 5 points to receive a -1. Total cost for the Zeta Beamer should be 3 points.

This puts Adam Strange at 154 points total rather than the "balanced" 150 points.

Apparently the Removable discount is meant to kick in already at three of five points. i.e it's true rounding.

This squares with the Removable example in the 3e HH (Ultramarine's armor at 98 points with a 20 point value for Removable), and a comment from JonL in a previous thread.

That's really, uh... annoyingly inconsistent and arbitrary? No offense, but how is this kind of fuzzy math okay? This would mean other builds are wrong for following the more stringent rule of dividing by 5 with no rounding. One example, off the top of my head, would be the Legion Flight Rings. Their powers cost a total of 19 points, but their Removable Flaw only awards a -3 reduction.

Where do you draw the line?
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 pm

pg. 10- third paragraph "first confrontation with Wally West had assumed the mantle"

pg. 12- according to Hero Lab math, the Zeta Beamer should cost 1 point. Also, the cost of the Zeta Beamer, whether 1 or 2 points, pushes Adam's total cost over 150 points.

pg. 13- Agent Liberty's Stealth should be 6 (+12)

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 pm

ZuluEchoNovember wrote:That's really, uh... annoyingly inconsistent and arbitrary? No offense, but how is this kind of fuzzy math okay? This would mean other builds are wrong for following the more stringent rule of dividing by 5 with no rounding. One example, off the top of my head, would be the Legion Flight Rings. Their powers cost a total of 19 points, but their Removable Flaw only awards a -3 reduction.

Where do you draw the line?

Yeah, I'm not so thrilled about it, either. Not that I care about where the cut-off point is, actually, but I personally read the description as being very clearly always round down.

But as I said, JonL posted to the contrary and apparently at least some of the official character seem to be built that way.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

This one's kinda interesting:

p41: Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) is actually PL9 (barely), thanks to her Grab:

FGT 8 + Close Attack 5 + Grappling Finesse w/DEX 4 = 17/2 = PL 8.5

Also, her Wireless Relay to Oracle can be described as a Senses (Communication Link) for 1p instead of Comm 3 Limited to Oracle for 6p (which is a ridiculous way to set up a single-target Comm Link when that Senses effect exists), dropping her total Equipment points to 30, her Equipment Advantage cost to 6, and her Total to 135, making her a playable starting PL9.

Conversely, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) actually has a Skill total of 32, not 31, making her Total points 151, "breaking" her playable starting PL10.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:26 am

Pg 155 Deadshot: Under powers he has ranged attack 8 but under advantages he has range attack 6. It seems like it should be 6 looking under his offense.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 pm

p. 116- Chemo's Offense stat block has the effect for Toxic Cloud labeled as Caustic Spray. Caustic Spray should be listed as "Caustic Spray +8 (or +7 based on errata for his Dex) Range, Damage 10 Linked to Weaken 10. Toxic Cloud should be a linked Affliction, not Weaken, without Range.

p. 146- Cyborg Superman Allies- it should be MongUl, not MongOl. Based off his BOOM power, Damage (the character) should be PL 10.

p. 161- Demons Three- Defense stat block should say "Fortitude - Immune"

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Complications are missing at...

Bronze Tiger p.86
Jinx p.199
Gypsy p.246
Icicle & The Thinker .p281
Tigress & The Wizard .p282
Kobra p.311

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Pg 222 General Immortus: Under offense he shows he is +6 with a knife but under skills he has Close Combat: Unarmed but no skill in using a knife.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:16 pm

scc wrote:Pg 155 Deadshot: Under powers he has ranged attack 8 but under advantages he has range attack 6. It seems like it should be 6 looking under his offense.

And his Visor and body armor both have the Feature 1 (conceals vital signs). Not sure if that's needed twice.

Since I love Deadshot, I'm going with the Ranged Attack 8 fo' sho'! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 am

Mattehw 'Red' Ryan', from the Challengers of the Unknown has ranks in Close Combat (improvised weapons), but he also has the Improvised Weapons Advantage, the whole point of which is to let one use their (presumably) higher close combat (unarmed) bonus when using improvised weapons. Seeing as how he has this advantage, a +10 bonus with unarmed attacks, his 4 ranks in close combat (improvised weapons) are essentially wasted.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Several bookmarks are incorrectly capitalized:
Giganta
The Flash (category - not the individuals)
The Fearsome Five
Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett)
Doctor Mid-Nite

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Amazo, pg. 16- there are several issues with the writeup. The cost for skills should be 83. He is missing any power that would give him a Toughness of 18, which I assume should be Impervious. Marine Telepathy conflict listed previously. The Running in the Flight Array is redundant with the Super-Speed power. The Super-Speed power is incorrectly costed at 77 points- should be 70, as listed. The Enhanced Defenses listed in Super-Speed increase his Dodge and Parry to 18 each, making him PL 18. Total cost of Powers should be 442, total cost of Power Points should be 675. This is without any power granting him a Toughness boost, which should add 18-36 points to the cost, depending on the level of Impervious.

Interpose and Instant Up are out of alphabetical order, as are Stealth and Sleight of Hand.

He should have a Complication giving him the weaknesses of the characters he duplicates.

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Gernsback (p.15) has immunities that are off. It should costs either 40 and NOT have Will immunity (just mental effect immunity) or costs 60 and have Will immunity.
Saving the world one NPC at a time...

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Prof.Dogg wrote:Gernsback (p.15) has immunities that are off. It should costs either 40 and NOT have Will immunity (just mental effect immunity) or costs 60 and have Will immunity.

Sorry, just caught the fact that he has no Int. Which means that he only has Fort immunity at 30 but has no Will defense (but still mental effects immunity).
Saving the world one NPC at a time...

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:08 am

Bombaatu wrote:Several bookmarks are incorrectly capitalized:
Giganta
The Flash (category - not the individuals)
The Fearsome Five
Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett)
Doctor Mid-Nite

Didn't even think about these. I had just corrected them myself (except I missed Doctor Mid-Nite) and then forgotten I had done it.

Return to “Errata”