Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby Jameson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 pm

page 76 Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

under the Reach Infiltrator array he has Immunity 10 (life support) listed, as Immunity is normally permanent and permanent powers are not allowed in an array this should call out that it has sustained duration.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Misfit (of the Birds of Prey) has Healing when she teleports. Probably ought to be limited to self only. I don't think she's ever healed anyone else. Could probably Link it to the Teleport as well.
Saving the world one NPC at a time...

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Misfit also has her Batarang listed as Damage Rank 8 + Str. Probably should be 1 rank of Damage + Str. Otherwise she'd be 16 ranks of damage.

Prof.Dogg
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prof.Dogg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Prof.Dogg wrote:Misfit also has her Batarang listed as Damage Rank 8 + Str. Probably should be 1 rank of Damage + Str. Otherwise she'd be 16 ranks of damage.

Never mind... I figured it out... It means that Str damage can be used Ranged with it but there's no additional ranks... Just looked odd in that shortened block format...

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Lady Blackhawk's statblock says she is treated as PL 11 when piloting Aerie One or Aerie Two. She's actually PL 12 (11.5, really) because she has +12 bonus on Ranged Combat: Heavy Weaponry (which affects rockets) and Aerie One's rockets do Damage 11.

Bryankia
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bryankia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm

I know guy is slow but it seems unfair to make him the only green lantern with a 13 flight as opposed to a 14.

Cryptic
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Cryptic » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I've been looking over it for a while, and I can't for the life of me see why Animal Man would be PL11 or even how he would benefit from such a thing with those stats.

His power point total is one below what a starting PL 9 would get.
That Attack / Damage tradeoff could be squeezed into a PL 5.
Fortitude and Will defenses could be done with a PL 7, Dodge / Parry and Toughness with a PL 6.
Highest skill bonus is +9.
His power doesn't target a defense and is only +8. I can't imagine what sort of animal he'd imitate to raise his unarmed damage up to a +14 to warrant a PL 11.

Other than the opportunity to get beat up by actual PL 11 villains, what does Animal Man get out of being PL 11? It serves no purpose.

Also, the "PL 12, 283 points?!" sidebar for Batman says that "no one breaks the point limit for their power level more than Batman." Negative Man, pg. 182. I realize different people were working on many of these entries, but still....

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 am

Cryptic wrote:Also, the "PL 12, 283 points?!" sidebar for Batman says that "no one breaks the point limit for their power level more than Batman." Negative Man, pg. 182. I realize different people were working on many of these entries, but still....

Amazo, pg 16
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 am

ZuluEchoNovember wrote:Fire (Beatriz Dacosta), Pg. 203, Powers:

Pyroplasm Body: I think the cost total is incorrect. The Immunity 10 plus Insubstantial 3 should at least come to 25pp, regardless of how the Affects Corporeal Strength adds up (I'll admit I'm fuzzy on how that extra is calculated). As it stands now, I don't see how the total of 22pp for her fire form is correct.

Insubstantial 3 makes her Immune to Fire Damage by default: you get Immunity to whatever energy Damage your Insubstantial 3 is. The means the rest of her Fire Effects Immunity only cost 5 points - she is not paying for the Damage portion. The Affects Corporeal on Strength should only cost 1 point, though, as she only has 1 Strength - though I suppose she could be playing 1 point to have a 0 STR and 1 point to have a 1 STR.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 am

Arsenal, pg 26. He has Ranged Combat: Bows 5 (+10) but his Bow and Arrows are not in the Equipment or in the Offense section.

So even if he has a +10 to hit, there is no damage Attached to it.
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 am

RobertReaper wrote:Arsenal, pg 26. He has Ranged Combat: Bows 5 (+10) but his Bow and Arrows are not in the Equipment or in the Offense section.

He has that Skill because he used to be Green Arrow's Speedy and used to use Bows has his primary weapon. He did not forget how to use bows simply because he picked up some other weapon types. :)
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Black Mamba wrote:
RobertReaper wrote:Arsenal, pg 26. He has Ranged Combat: Bows 5 (+10) but his Bow and Arrows are not in the Equipment or in the Offense section.

He has that Skill because he used to be Green Arrow's Speedy and used to use Bows has his primary weapon. He did not forget how to use bows simply because he picked up some other weapon types. :)

I wasn't saying that he forgot how to use bows I was saying that there wasn't anything in his stats to show what his Damage is with the Bows. The only Offense attacks listed are Batons, Short Sword, Throwing Knives and Unarmed. Bows should be with those.

Infact, Bows should be in his Arsenal Array under Equipment.

EDIT: Okay, I've read deeper into his Bio and came across.
Recently, he has set aside bows
and carries only blades and bludgeoning weapons.

I missed this before, hence the confusion.
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Cryptic wrote:I've been looking over it for a while, and I can't for the life of me see why Animal Man would be PL11 or even how he would benefit from such a thing with those stats.

His power point total is one below what a starting PL 9 would get.
That Attack / Damage tradeoff could be squeezed into a PL 5.
Fortitude and Will defenses could be done with a PL 7, Dodge / Parry and Toughness with a PL 6.
Highest skill bonus is +9.
His power doesn't target a defense and is only +8. I can't imagine what sort of animal he'd imitate to raise his unarmed damage up to a +14 to warrant a PL 11.

Other than the opportunity to get beat up by actual PL 11 villains, what does Animal Man get out of being PL 11? It serves no purpose.

Animal Man's PL 11 serves the same purpose any other character's PL serves. It shows the limits of his traits. Any player worth their salt can easily turn 40 points worth of Variable into making him a PL 11.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 am

I just noticed that H&V's Brainiac's Intellect is actually higher than DCA's. It also happens that H&V Brainiac gets 219 equipments points but he only has 43 ranks in Equipment (as opposed to the correct 44 in DCA).

Also, H&V Brainiac's Skills pp cost is not calculated properly:

2 + 7 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 6 + 8 + 6 + 8 + 11 = 80 skill ranks = 40 points; not 34 as listed on H&V.

H&V Brainiac's Investigation should be 6 (+21), not +18 due to the increased Intellect.

His Advantages cost 51 points total, not 52 as listed on the block. However, considering the incorrect Equipment rank, it should be 52.

Overall, the "new" Brainiac of H&V cost 300 points total, not 294.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Saltcrow wrote:I just noticed that H&V's Brainiac's Intellect is actually higher than DCA's. It also happens that H&V Brainiac gets 219 equipments points but he only has 43 ranks in Equipment (as opposed to the correct 44 in DCA).

Also, H&V Brainiac's Skills pp cost is not calculated properly:

2 + 7 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 6 + 8 + 6 + 8 + 11 = 80 skill ranks = 40 points; not 34 as listed on H&V.

H&V Brainiac's Investigation should be 6 (+21), not +18 due to the increased Intellect.

His Advantages cost 51 points total, not 52 as listed on the block. However, considering the incorrect Equipment rank, it should be 52.

Overall, the "new" Brainiac of H&V cost 300 points total, not 294.

Actually counting his Advantages I come up with 52. Though looking over his Bio-Shell it looks like it should only come to 210 points which means he would only need 42 ranks of Equipment. Making his Advantages total 51 and his total cost 299.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Return to “Errata”