Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby JDRook » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 pm

And finally, what is left of the K's, with its Karate, Killers and Kobras.

p301 - Karate Kid - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111. Also, Close Combat: Unarmed, Expertise: Fighting Styles and Treatment are all off by +1

p302 - Katana - Under Offense, Shuriken is listed as Damage 3, although the DCA HH lists standard equipment shuriken as Damage 1 and specifically too light to add Str damage.

p305 - The Key - Accelerated Acuity: Quickness 14, Limited to Mental Tasks should cost 7p, not 14. Also, his skills are just too messed up to detail here, partly due to confusion from the Enhanced Skill bonus.

p306 - Kid FLash - Since his Super-Speed covers most of his defenses already, the Defense total should be 8, not 30.

p307 - Killer Croc - Suffocation: Limited: Must Hold Breath . . . really? I sort of see what they might be trying to do, but I think the holding breath aspect of Great Endurance effectively covers it.

p309 - Killer Moth - Grand total is 116, not 107. Also, the Mothmobile costs 11ep, not 10.

p311 - Bestowed - Burning Venom has Secondary Effect under Powers, but Contagious under Offense. Also, since Join the Faith is Close range, does it use the Unarmed bonus? Powers total is 59, not 64.

I know I missed the first printing of the hardcopy of Vol 1 by a few months, but hopefully these will get into the second printing, or at least the PDF errata.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:05 am

Actually it looks like Kid Flash's powers should total 117 (instead of 116) and that he has an unspent skill point as well.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

Good catch. It's the Air Control Power; I forgot I'd changed it. As written it's Cone Area Move Object 7 which is default Ranged, but that didn't make sense to me for a speedster, so I'd saved it as Close Range which brought the Speed Stunt array down to 20 (the next biggest effect). Has KF actually done something that looks like that?
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:47 am

Shadowchaser wrote:
Talison wrote:I would think Blue Devil's Expertise: Acting should be based on his Presence and therefor be one higher. That's how I've been handling acting.

Expertise always defaults to Intellect, but you can add the ranks to a different ability if the situation calls for it. See the description of Expertise in the rulebook for the official wording on it.

How you use it in your games is a house rule, not the official rule for how Expertise is noted on a character sheet. :)

My basis for that was that Captain Marvel's Expertise: Radio Host and Zatanna's Expertise: Perform both seem to be based on PRE in the main book. Billy seems to have been changed back to INT in H&V though.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 pm

I think I may have found 2 more. I looked through most of the previous pages in this thread, so I Hope these are not repeats.

1) Blockbuster: Pgs 70/71: both Blockbusters list Rick Desmond as real name, the first spelled "Mark" and the second as "Marc". Is the second supposed to be Roland?

2) CSA Superwoman: pg 137: It states that since Superwoman does not wear Amazonian bracelets, she is unable to deflect attacks as can Wonder Woman.
However, Superwoman does indeed now wear bracelets over her long black gloves. Even the picture shows SW wearing them! So, this should say, "Superwoman, like her counterpart Wonder Woman, can deflect attacks because of the Amazonian bracelets she wears."

savijmuhdrox
Henchman
Henchman

Postby savijmuhdrox » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Page 262

Jonah Hex

Under Offense heading:

REMOVE:
Saber+9 Close, Damage 5, Crit 19-20

REPLACE WITH:

Saber+4 Close, Damage 5, Crit 19-20

EDITED based on feedback below.
Last edited by savijmuhdrox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
For a healthy dose of stupid, @Railbended

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:31 pm

The knife isn't Ranged, its description simply says Strength-based Damage, which is Close Range.

toomuchfreetime
Bystander
Bystander

Postby toomuchfreetime » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 am

Geo-Force, Pg. 226: Both effects of his Earthquake power are 1 Rank to high for his PL.
Giganta, Pg. 227: Her Protective Suit should be Removable.
Kid Flash Pg. 306: His Air Control power is not Close Range.

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 pm

p.191 Elongated Man - under Ghost Detectives, the Dibnys' Mind Control needs Affects Corporeal.
Kickstarter: Tripod Machine presents Do Not Approach (Super-powered by M&M)
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!

Return to “Errata”