Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby Psistrike » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Agent Liberty: page 13: Stealth skill total should be +12, as it is based off Agility.
Ambush Bug: page 18: Perception skill should be +14 total.
Aquaman: Water-Bearer: page 21: Broad extra on Nullify Magic is spelt Braod.
Tempest: page 23: Ritualist advantage mentioned in power description is missing from stats.
Ares: page 24: Perception skill should be +12 total.
The Atom [Al Pratt]: page 28: His Athletics skills should be +14 total with his Enhanced Strength factored in.
Atrocitus: page 34: His Deception skill should be +7 total.
Batman: page 44: His Technology skill should be +16 total.
Alfred Pennyworth: page 46: Insight skill should be +9 total, Persuasion skill should be +6 total.
Beast Boy: page 50: Insight skill should be +8 total, Persuasion skill should be +9 total.
Black Manta: page 64: Shouldn't his Athletics skill be +14 total, due to the Enhanced Strength from his diving suit.
Stanislaus: page 68: Ranged Combat: Heavy Weapons should be +9 total.
Blockbuster [Marc Desmond]: page 71: The word violent in his Temper complication has an extra i.
Blue Beetle [Dan Garrett]: page 73: Vehicles should be +8 total.
Blue Beetle [Ted Kord]: page 74: Ranged Combat: BB Gun should be +14 total.
Blue Beetle [Jaime Reyes]: page 76: Khaji Da has the Enhanced Skill as [+3 Insight] instead of [+6 Insight].

That is it for now, more as I continue to read this wonderful book. :D

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

I was going to point out something I thought was a mistake, then I realized it was in an array and didn't cause a problem after all. :)

Edited to remove!

(Diving back into the book myself)
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Psistrike, are you sure you're not a computer? Seriously, that's not only fast reading, that's lightning fast math as well (or typing if you happen to be using HeroLab). :)

While flipping through the pdf to look at some of the finalized art that I hadn't seen before, I noticed that Black Lightning's name (page 61) has an enormous space in the middle of it. Although it could be there for dramatic effect, I suspect otherwise.

Glenn/Hermes

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:06 pm

hermes wrote:Psistrike, are you sure you're not a computer? Seriously, that's not only fast reading, that's lightning fast math as well (or typing if you happen to be using HeroLab). :)

Glenn/Hermes

Not using Hero Lab and I typed all that errata up on an rtf document before copy/pasting it here. The math was easy. And now here are some more. Read up to Captain Boomerang so far, in just a little over 5 hours time.

Blue Devil: page 77: Intimidation should be +14 total.
Booster Gold: page 82: Athletics should be +16 total with the Enhanced Strength from his suit.
Rip Hunter: page 82: Athletics should be +7 total.
Brainiac: page 84: Investigation should be +21 total.
Brainiac 5: page 85: Deception should be +8 total.
Brother Blood IX: page 88: Acrobatics should be +6 total.
Blood Cultist: page 88: Ranged Combat: Light Pistol has Pisto) instead.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby ZuluEchoNovember » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm

(Reposted from another thread because I was told this belonged here. Sorry if it is more opinionated than simple math-checking.)

Just downloaded the pdf. Great work, folks. The book looks really good which is why I can't believe I'm already posting criticism. Please, I hope this can all be taken as I intend it, as constructive and hopefully helpful. My criticisms, nit-picks, questions are all in regard to the Atrocitus, Blue Lantern Corps, Green Lantern Corps and Indigo Lantern Corps entries because that's what I excitedly jumped to first. In comparison:

Blue Lantern Corps entry
  • Incomplete listing of the power ring build directing the reader to fill in the gaps by looking at the Green Lantern entry.
  • Listing is a Blue Lantern member build rather than just a build for the ring.
  • Does NOT include the shared complications for any member of the Blue Lantern Corps. The "Power of Hope" side bar does include some of this information, but written in a less direct manner.

Green Lantern Corps entry
  • Full listing of the power ring build.
  • Does NOT include the shared complications for any member of the Green Lantern Corps.

Indigo Lantern Corps entry
  • Full listing of the power ring build.
  • DOES Include the shared complications for any member of the Indigo Lantern Corps.

I'm surprised at the inconsistency. Yes, it is true that inferences can be made from the several Earth GL's entries (all awesome) for their complications just as I can read from Atrocitus's entry what the Red Lantern Corps' complications will be and, I assume, Saint Walker's entry in Vol. 2 could serve in the same way to infer complications for Blue Lanterns, but why spread it all out like that?

I just think readers would have preferred very similar entries for each Lantern Corps that included the complications tied to the power rings, and it would have been easier, I would think, to write full power ring builds (cut, paste, edit) rather than haphazardly highlight the differences. In my opinion, the presentation of the Indigo Lantern Corps entry is the best, and its format should have been followed for every Lantern Corps entry. Was it space and formatting issues that led to the abbreviated entries for the Blue and Green rings? Don't get me wrong, the builds themselves are great! I'm just confused about the inconsistent presentation/formatting.

• Also, I don't see how the GL power ring adds up to 129pp's. I keep getting 132pp when I count it up.
  • Also, the Blue Lantern ring's Nullify power has the "doesn't work without a GL around" limitation but not the Healing AE. This is why I'd like to see the fully written ring build - to sort out what powers have that limitation on them. Again, Saint Walker's build (which I assume we'll see in Vol. 2) will most likely answer that question, but someone who owns only Vol. 1 should be able to build a proper Blue Lantern from this entry and not require Vol. 2 to understand the ring's build.
  • Also, Atrocitus's ring doesn't have Removable on it? Granted, this decision for the build falls into a gray area that could be debated?
  • Also, why Indigo Lantern Corps and not Indigo Tribe?
  • Also, As part of Atrocitus's power ring's Force Array it says "Lifting: Create". Shouldn't it either say "Lifting: Move Object" or "Force Constructs: Create"?
  • Finally, WHAAAAT no Kilowog!? I agree that having the four human GL's and a generic GL Corps entry (my complaints about it aside) is enough, but of all the alien GL's Kilowog is the one that deserved his own entry.

I hope bringing up all these issues doesn't make a pariah out of me. I honestly do enjoy the book and am happy to now have it. Asked singularly, I think any of these points would seem like a reasonable inquiry. Hopefully, by listing them all out like this it doesn't seem like I'm dumping a pile of criticism on the awesome crew who put this together. Thanks!
Last edited by ZuluEchoNovember on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters and concepts: Z.E.N. Buildism
FCU Fiction: Oliver's Story

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby ZuluEchoNovember » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 pm

The Indigo Lantern Corps "Power Staff" device (pg. 274) has the listed power: "Power Conduit: Mimic". Under the conventions of M&M 3e does "Mimic" even exist as a power? Doesn't that fall under, and should be listed as, "Variable" instead?

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:44 pm

More errata. And Mimic is one of the example powers listed in the Hero's Handbook.
Captain Cold: page 101: Ice Block AE is missing C at beginning of Cumulative.
Captain Marvel: page 104: His Expertise: Radio Host should be +8 total, unless based on his Presence.
Mary Marvel: page 105: Her Stamina of Atlas should only have Impervious Toughness 17, unless Impervious ranks can exceed the defense they are linked to.
Captain Marvel Junior: page 106: Same as Mary's Stamina of Atlas, should only have Impervious Toughness 18 unless Impervious can exceed the defense they are linked to.
Catman: page 108: Athletics should be +14 total, Ranged Combat: Throwing should be +10 [without Ranged Attack advantage factored in], Treatment should be +4 total.
Chameleon Boy: page 111: Vehicles skill should be +5 total.
Chemo: page 118: Ranged Combat: Toxic Powers should be +7 total due to his -1 Dexterity. His Enemies entry cuts off:
Chemo is also responsible for the deaths of the first

Chronos [Walker Gabriel]: page 119: Expertise: Physics should be +10 total.
Clayface [Matthew Hagen]: page 122: Based on his abilities cost and skills, his INT should be 2, not the 3 listed.
Colossal Boy: page 124: Persuasion should be +5 total.
John Constantine: page 127: Expertise: Theology should be +16 total.
Copperhead: page 128: PL should be 11, unless his Dodge is mislisted as 12. Athletics should be +12 total.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby ZuluEchoNovember » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Typo in The Flash, Wally West's (Pg. 209) complications:

It reads "Secret Identity: Barry Allen, Central City police scientist."

Emphasis mine.
Last edited by ZuluEchoNovember on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZuluEchoNovember
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby ZuluEchoNovember » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Captain Atom (Pg. 97): Toughness reads as 15, should be 18 after addition of Protection 3 from Dilustel Covering.

Jaysin1414
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Jaysin1414 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:11 pm

out of curiosity, when the PDF gets corrected and sent to the printers, does Green Ronin make the updated PDF available to those that bought today? I'm pretty sure it's a no brainer, but just wanted to confirm.

Staying on topic, I wanted to mention the Black Lightning name being separated by a large space, but someone beat me to it...so I got nothin' :)

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 am

Blue Devil pg 77-78 seems to be missing some words in the jump across the pages ("Cassidy agreed to leave the Shad- Catholic Church").

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am

Last of errata for characters through the Ds. And last for now, going to sleep after posting this.

Cosmic Boy: page 130: Insight should be +6 total.
Johnny Quick: page 135: Deception should be +10 total, Perception should be +5 total.
Owlman: page 136: Insight should be +20 total, Perception should be +23 total, but would break PL cap. Intiative should be +9.
Ultraman: page 138: Perception should be +7 total.
Crimson Avenger: page 141: Stealth should be +7 total.
Cyborg Superman: page 145: Ranged Combat: Technomorphed Weapons should be 9 [+11] instead of 8 [+11] listed.
Desaad: page 149: Intimidation should be +9 total, Perception should be +11 total.
Dawnstar: page 152: Athletics should be +4 total.
Deathstroke The Terminator: page 157: Stealth should be +19 total.
Jason Blood: page 160: Insight and Investigation should both be +12 total, Perception should be +10 total.
Doctor Fate: page 165: Ranged Combat: Magic Spells should be +11 total.
Doctor Mid-Night [Dr. Charles McNider]: page 172: Stealth should be +11 total.
Negative Man: page 182: Deception and Persuasion should both be +6 total.
Robotman: page 183: Persuasion and Vehicles should both be +6 total.
Celsius: page 183: Investigation should be +5 total.
Tempest: page 184: Ranged Combat: Blast should be +6 total. Needs 4 ranks more in skill to get it to +10 and leave him full PL combat wise.
Dream Girl: page 185: Close Combat: Unarmed should be +15 total. The last sentance of her history has century misspelled as ctentury.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am

Jaysin1414 wrote:out of curiosity, when the PDF gets corrected and sent to the printers, does Green Ronin make the updated PDF available to those that bought today? I'm pretty sure it's a no brainer, but just wanted to confirm.

If the PDF file is updated, yes it will be available to previous buyers. This happened with the DCA HH (though that was well after the dead trees were printed on)
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 am

Jameson wrote:
Jaysin1414 wrote:out of curiosity, when the PDF gets corrected and sent to the printers, does Green Ronin make the updated PDF available to those that bought today? I'm pretty sure it's a no brainer, but just wanted to confirm.

If the PDF file is updated, yes it will be available to previous buyers. This happened with the DCA HH (though that was well after the dead trees were printed on)

Yeah, the main reason for this particular delay is that the PDF was actually not updated with the errata until later. As I understand it, the original file had been sent to the printers, and a "Proof" version was sent back to Green Ronin for approval. That proof version is where the corrections were made, so the errata still had to be entered into the PDF, and they prioritized some other projects before getting around to updating the PDF with the info... which also gave us more time to find even more glitches to try and add in. :)
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

Regarding the space in the Black Lightning's name: We had part of the art overlapping the name, but DC asked us not to leave it that way. So now it has (more than) enough space left for the art to fit.

I'm compiling all these great edits and sending them to Hal today. In order for the book to make it to us in time for GenCon it has to go to the printer asap. All the errata you've caught so far will be included and I'll continue to compile it until I send this to Hal in a couple hours.

We'll also updated the PDF as soon as we can and post a new version, but I'm sure that will be a few days at a minimum.

Thanks again for all your work on this!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Return to “Errata”