Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby scc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Nice work JDRook.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:22 am

Captain Atom has Immunity 40 for Energy Effects. Shouldn't that be 20 (very common descriptor: energy)?

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Finishing off the B's. I get a lot more rules-lawyer-y in this one.

p69 - Blaze - her numbers technically add up, but her Demonic Heritage includes Fortitude Immunity. This means she doesn't need to buy up her Fortitude save and therefore can save 3p. There's also a trick with Immunities and Fort/Will PL: I haven't found anything official in the books or on the boards, but when either Fort or Will is immune, HeroLab uses the non-immune defense rank as equal to PL, much like AoE or Perception Attacks. In this case, Blaze's Will should top out at 14 or it increases her overall PL up to 16.

p74 - Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) - Air Burst in the BB Gun Array should have Diminished Range, not Contracted. Also, it's debatable whether the full cost of the array at 18 (16+2ae) should allow for -6 or -8 for Easily Removable. Personally, I'd just split the difference at 40% of the total cost (-7) and not worry about the granularity of it, but that's not my call.

p79 - Blue Lantern Brother/Sister - Too vague to call. It seems like the FM array in the Ring would have to have all of its slots removed and replaced with Revitalize and Hope Burns Bright, both non-Dynamic and at rank 14, to get the Powers total indicated. Also, such a build would be only PL13.

p82 - Skeets - Constructs always get weird on totals, it seems. In order, Ability costs are 0-10+6+0+0+10+4+4 = 14. Occasionally for published MnM characters I've seen the inherent Fortitude Immunity cost included with Abilities instead of Powers, so that should add 30 for 44 on Abilities, not 34.

- Powers costs are 6+1+30(maybe?)+16+21(Continuous Flight?)+2+13 = 89 (maybe 59?), certainly not 77. Defense costs are 7+2+0+0+6 = 15, not 11.

- As written, Skeets is a PL9 construct with 146p.

- Also, Rip Hunter's Timespehere costs 38ep, which is the first vehicle not to show its total cost.

p84 - Brainiac - Comprehend under Computer Mind needs to be considered. It is written as rank 4 split between Languages and Machines, but Machines costs 2 ranks. Brainiac, being a seeker of knowledge, must either add another rank for 2p or choose one of Reading, Speaking or Understanding Languages that he can't do.

- The Bio-Shell Def of -2 is unusual. Most vehicles in the book have their Def bought up slightly over the default Def for their size. Def for an Awesome size craft would be 0 (a -10 modifier applied to a base DC10 for Defensive rolls), meaning the Bio-Shell has slightly worse maneuverability than most vehicles in its class. Alternatively, the intention may have been for Def -2 to represent a Defensive DC of 8, which would a) be highly maneuverable, but not unbelieveably so, and b) add ten points to the Vehicle cost. Also, as an Equipment Advantage it should cost 44 at 219 ep, although I still get 220.

- Under skills, Investigate 6(+18) is not using Int, or any of the abilities as written, to get that total rank. Also, the total cost of skills is 40, not 34.

- Milton Fine's Powers as written should be 100p total, not 94. I suspect Illusion 8 All senses Resistible is the cause, since it costs 6 more than the next highest power in the Array and I have noticed other instances of Illusion being calculated short 1p/rank, always for "All Senses."

p85 - Brainiac 5 - Oh, that Legion Equipment . . . As written, the Flight Ring is Comm 5 (20p) with a distress signal modifier that looks like it subtracts -3p, for 17p. Add Flight 7 (14p) and you have 31p, nearly twice what's written. Alternately, if you accept the distress signal limit as a -3 Flaw, which is unprecedented, the Comm cost drops to 5p and the ring cost to 19p.

- the Mini-Computo has Comprehend machines at 1 rank where it should be 2 ranks, costing 4p for that effect and 7p for the whole M-C.

- Lastly, the Telepathic Earplug as written would cost 10p (Comprehend 3 = 6p, Comm 1 = 4). I suspect whoever statted the Legion Rings thought Communication was only 1p/rank, which would match the numbers written. As a sidenote, Telepathic comms could probably be just two ranks (Understand/You're Understood), essentially communicating directly mind to mind and bypassing languages psychically, unless the rings also allow them to read.

p86 - Bronze Tiger - Grabbing Finesse gives BT a grab with a +18 attack and essentially a rank 7 Snare effect thanks to his Dex 7. This is a PL12.5 attack, although BT is written as PL11. You could drop Close Attack 4 and add Close Combat: Unarmed 4, lowering the Grab to PL10.5 and saving 2p. This has the side effect of BT having a +14 attack with any melee weapons as well instead of +18, allowing him to use most archaic melee weapons without breaking PL11.

p88 - Brother Blood IX - In the Skills section, Expertise: Magic and Theology 8 (+9) is a very bad precedent and should not be allowed. John Constantine pays separately for his Magic, Occult and Theology Expertises. Bane pays separately for his Philosophy, Sociology and Theology Expertises, even though Philosophy & Theology were a single skill in MnM2e. Magic is one of the few expertises that ties directly to another trait (Ritualist, which he has). Blood can cough up 4p for Theology.

- Also, Blood Cultist grand total should be 29, not 27.

- Brother Blood VIII - In the Powers section for Strength of the Faithful, the word "worshippers" is used twice, once with one "p" and once with two. Also, Powers total should be 82, not 84, but this may be another Removable issue.

p89 - The Brain - More Construct issues. I get Abilities 10, not 12, and Defenses 5 (all added to Will), not 13. Also, I believe Fortitude Immunity effectively includes Life Support, so purchasing both is unnecessary.

p90 - Monsieur Mallah - Skills total should be 23, not 22, but all other totals are correct.

p92 - Gemini - Powers total should be 83, not 82, for a grand total of 180. Presumably Gemini can reach a higher PL than the written 8 using her Shapeshifting power, since it is very similar to Animal Man's Animal Mimicry and he is listed as PL11, although his other traits rank him at PL7.

p93 - Plasmus - Powers total should be 103, not 79, for a grand total of 197. I suspect Burning Glob was missed in the calculation.

p94 - Warp - The Portal Pull power has the Cone Area 2 Extra listed as 60 feet, but it should be 120 feet.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Here come the C's, full of Captains, Crimson, and crazy calculations!

p95 - Calculator - His base has the Defense System feature defined as Ranged Damage 5 Multiattack which would cost 15 point, but I believe the Defense feature includes weapons as long as they don't break PL and aren't too expensive (>2xPL). This means the Equip Adv is 3p less, and the total is 132. Note: This is the only Defense System with described weapons in the book.

p97 - Captain Atom - Under Quantum Channeling in Powers, Immunity 40 should be Immunity 20. Strangely his written point totals seem all correct, so it must have been a typo.

p98 - Captain Boomerang (“Digger” Harkness) - The Gravity Boomerang in the Array costs 26p, making the whole array cost 36 and the grand total 151.

- Interestingly, neither Boomerang Array (Digger's or Owen's) is Removable. This may be intentional to keep them from being disarmed in any way (always has another boomerang), but if it didn't require a lot of messing with the layout I'd recommend a sidebar for that.

p102 - Captain Comet - Powers total should be 89, not 88. I suspect the Dynamic point for the base power was missed. Also, as per usual, the Cometeer is 2ep more expensive than as written, likely due to Defense, and is throwing off the Equipment costs.

p111 - Chameleon Boy - Legion Equipment, see p84 Brainiac 5. Also, all Legionnaires besides Brainiac 5 have their equipment listed as Removable, which is redundant since all equipment is removable by default and so gets no point discount for it. As a sidenote, ignoring the Removable issue the Transsuit is fine, although it is the only Life Supporting item in the book that doesn't cover Starvation & Thirst.

p113 - Challenger's Mountain - Due to pricing, HQ Toughness can never be an odd number, so the cost as written would be 22.5ep.

p115 - Cheetah - Skills total should be 32, grand total 200.

p116 - Chemo - Powers total should be 138, grand total 201. I suspect either Protection 8 or Energy Absorption 8 was overlooked.

p117 - Cheshire - All Poisons in the Array are Progressive, which is normally a +2 Extra. Two of them are Weaken effects, however, which are already Cumulative by default, so it's reasonable for them to have Progressive as a +1 Extra. Sleep Poison is still an Affliction, though, which raises the cost of the Array to 36+2ae.

- Powers total should be 41, Advantages total should be 36, grand total 208.

p119 - Chronos (David Clinton) - Powers total should be 52, grand total 157. Suspect the Removable Flaw was missed.

p122 - Clayface (Matthew Hagen) - In Defenses, Parry should be 6/10* to match the change in Flowing Clay Form.

- Skills total should be 18, not 8. Defenses total should be 18, not 17. Grand total 153.

p124 - Colossal Boy - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111.

p125 - Congo Bill - Equipment as written would cost 12ep = 3p for an Advantages total of 21 and grand total 112.

p127 - John Constantine - In Skills, Expertise: Theology 8 (+15) should be +16 unless it's somehow based on AWE. Also, Languages 3 should be listed with Advantages, but having it under Skills has thrown off the totals. Advantages should be 34, Skills 43 and grand total 157.

p128 - Copperhead - Dodge 12 and Toughness 10 makes him PL11, not starting PL10

p130 - Cosmic Boy - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111. Also even with the Equipment error, grand total is not 157.

p131 - Count Vertigo - In Vertigo Effects under powers, third degree effect is Incapacitated and Paralyzed, which seems redundant. Suspect that it's meant to be (Sense) Unaware and Paralyzed.

p132 - The Creeper - Toughness should be 9/7 due to Defensive Roll 2, which pushes his defensive PL to 10.

p136 - Owlman - Rounding on the Removable powers is only good for -2p total, not -4. Could arguably make them equipment . . .

- the Owl-plane is identical to the Batplane and has all the same problems. See p44.

p138 - Superwoman - The Magic Lasso should cost 40 -16 Easily Removable = 24p. Powers total is 81, not 97. Grand total 295

p140 - Blood Eagle - Equipment is listed at rank 3, but there's only a Spear listed in equipment, which is enough for rank 1. Also, there is Improved Critical: Mace, but no mace listed.

- Defenses should be 22, not 18.

p141 - Crimson Avenger (Lee Travis) - The Rolls Royce costs 14, not 12. Also, Wing How is listed as a Sidekick, but sidekicks only get 5p per rank, whereas minions get 15p.

p142 - Crimson Avenger (UNKNOWN) - Intangible as written cost 26p, not 23. Also, Immortality 6 (One Day) is not correct; Immo 5 is 1 day and Immo 6 is 16 hours.

p245 - Cyborg Superman - Cyberpathy seems to be built using 2e Communication. Also, the two Quickness effects that add up to Quickness 23 should be fixed, since I believe that was errata'd out of the DCA HH.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 am

To leap 4 miles Doomsday would actually need Leaping 12

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Doctors, Doom Patrol and Doomsday

p148 - Darkseid - Transportation needs to be Ranged, which would raise the cost by 20p.

p150 - Granny Goodness - Point total should be 151.

p152 - Dawnstar - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111. Also Power total is 35.

- Athletics 2 (+3) is incorrect. Also, the Skill total as written should be 30.

- Grabbing Finesse makes her PL10.5

p155 - Deadshot - Under Offense, Mini-Rocket and Silenced Magnums should be +15 and Sniper Rifle and Knife (thrown) should be +13

p161 - Demons Three - Under Demonic Entities, Senses is only 4 ranks.

p163 - Despero - Flame of Py'tar is only 63p.

p165 - Doctor Fate - Amulet of Anubis is laid out incorrectly, and the 3 component effects add up to 22p, with a Removable Flaw at -4.

- Helm of Nabu adds up to 91p with -18 Removable flaw.

- Ranged Combat: Magic Spells 8 should add up to +11 with Dex 3, not +10. The Magical Mastery in Offense should also be +11.

p166 - Fate (Jared Stevens) - Typo on the grand total. Should be 174.

p170 - Doctor Light (Dr. Arthur Light) - In Skills, Ranged Combat: Leech Light 4 (+7) doesn't relate to any attack.

p171 - Doctor Mid-Nite (Dr. Pieter Cross) - In Powers, Night-Fighting costs 2p. This is true for both Drs. Mid-Nite.

- Anesthetic Spray attack is +11, not +13

p172 - Doctor Mid-Nite (Charles McNider) - Powers total is 13, not 10. Grand total is 128.

p173 - Doctor Polaris - Advantage total should be 5, not 4.

p174 - Doctor Psycho - Ectoplasmic Disguise works out to 12p, not 11. Also, Skills total should be 40, not 39

p177 - Doomsday - Skills total should be 14, not 12.

p179 - The Chief - Grand total is 133, not 135

p180 - Elasti-Woman - Powers total is 75, not 70. Grand total is 148.

p182 - Negative Man - For Inhuman under Powers it should be a total of Immunity 73, although Life Support may fold into Fort Immunity.

- Negative Woman - extrapolating from the sidebar, her Skills indicate she has 2 ranks in each of Int, Awe and Pre.

p183 - Robotman - These SKills don't match Ability bonuses: Persuasion 2 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+9)

- Celsius - Power total should be 36, not 46. Suspect the Half Effect limit on Cold/Heat Resistance was missed.

- Also, Celsius has 4 languages (presumably Hindi Native) and 3 additional language costs 3p

p184 - Tempest - Ranged Combat: Blast 4 (+10), Stealth 4 (+8) don't match Abilities

p185 - Dream Girl - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111. Also, Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+13) should be +15

p185 - Duplicate Damsel - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111. Also, Duplication should cost 98p.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:35 pm

A short one, just the E's

p188 - Eclipso - Darkness Awareness should be 12p, not 9. Strength of Darkness is 77, not 81.

p189 - Element Lad - Legion Equipment. See p85 and p111.

p191 - Elongated Man - The Elongating Man Power set costs 36p, not 33.

p192 - Enchantress - Cauldron of Herne-Ramsgate costs 26p -10 Easily Removeable = 16p. Also, Insight 8 (+12) should be +15 with Awe 7.

p194 - Eradicator - Kryptonian Acute Hearing. See p54.

p195 - Evil Star - Under Ageless, Immunity to Starvation & Thirst costs 1p altogether. Also, Deception 7 (+13) should be +12 with Pre 5

My Rules Musings in 3e

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I'd like to apologize for any mistakes that came from my portion of the manuscript-though the CSA and DP characters went through a bout or two of editing, so some of the stat errors may not be my fault after all.

But I'm certain I did make a few. I can only state in my (and the other creators' defense) that I was trying to learn the new 3e rules (and push M&M 2e from my mind) at the same time I was statting and writing. I didn't even have a Hero Lab 3e Beta as a crutch, as I did on the DC Atlas a bit later.

(Though HL lists Blast and Strike instead of Close Damage and Ranged Damage, and I kept forgetting to change those-maybe because I prefer them aesthetically).

To address a couple of specific errata on my characters:

The Owl Plane is indeed equal to the Batplane (though IMHO it should have machine guns mounted), and therefore might break PL 12 limits; the editorial directive was for the CSA members to be very similar to their counterparts. I largely looked to the DCA Core book for the JLA stats, then modified them as necessary to reflect the Crime Syndicators' differences. Hence a few of the same errors cropping up.

The Batplane/Owlplane might be an instance where it is less an "error" than "special GM permission"-a number of DC characters break levels limits in some ways, or have the potential to do so. This is often explicitly stated in the text. Remember, most of them are NOT really intended as player characters, though certainly they could be so used.

Now, Blood Eagle...unlike the other Syndicators, Hawkman was not in the DCA Corp book; so I modified the Winged Warrior template in the rules to make an analogue-but one with some significant alterations. I thought of him as a Quetzacoatl or Kukulkan inspired reincarnated South American warrior, not a Prince from Ancient Egypt. That's how I wrote the text, refering to blood sacrifices and occult weaponry. But DC decided to alter the stats to make him a Carter Hall clone. So some things don't match up in the stats and text.

I've discussed the character in a previous thread, however the easiest corrections to make would be changing his Technology Skill and Inventor advantage to Expertise: Occult and Ritualist respectively. Just consider his spear to be part of his arsenal, and give him appropriate weapons or armor from the other ranks of equipment. I would just make them Aztec or Mayan melee weapons instead of Indo-European implements. Replace Improved Critical: Mace with Improved Critical: Spear, as I originally wrote.

In the Doom Patrol, Tempus' ranks in the Ranged Combat advantage somehow got dropped, please just add them back to give him Power Blast +10, bringing him up to his listed PL. His Stealth ranks should be 6 (+8), not 4.

Negative Man went through a couple re-writes on my part, then tweaking in editing...Jon L and I both turned to Steve to clarify the Fortitude/LS Immunity overlap. The official ruling is that Immunity: Fort subsumes Life Support, so the listing in Immunities should be 63 ranks.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:20 am

pg. 122, Clayface: not sure if this is an errata or not, but why is his Shapechange not inside his Clay Body Array? The Quirk "Using Clay Body power ends Shapechange" makes it sound exactly like it should be in the Array.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Two other notes about a couple of my characters:

Bloodeagle again-his originally write up included (slighly) enhanced STR and STA even without wearing his Nth Metal belt and wing-harness; the complication was that these stats faded over time (say, after a scene) when deprived of the apparatus.

You can replace the Power Loss complication with an Enemies Complication, as the CSA and most of even Antimatter Earth's authorities hunt him for his crimes.

I wrote Celsius as having full Immunity to heat and cold based attacks. I imagine the editorial thinking is that the character is mostly human physically, and can be hurt (killed) by ice projectiles or fire-based explosions (Celsius was killed off this way in continuity). I wasn't really considering those when I did the writeup, but that's probably what led to the Immunity being downgraded to resistance and the point total ending up wrong.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Up to the F's, including the Fatal Five, the Fearsome Five, all the Flashes, and the Freedom Fighters.

p197 - Mano - his Disintegrating Touch is listed as Disintegration Disk under Powers.

- Persuader - Atomic Axe should be 39p -16 for Easily Removable, making Powers total 26 and Grand total 144.

p199 - Psimon - Under Offense, Telekinetic Blast should be Damage 8, not 12.

- Gizmo - Close Combat: Inventions 4 (+7) should be +5 with a FGT 1

- Jinx - Deception 8 (+12) should be +13 with Pre 5. Also, Powers total should be 31, not 36. Grand total is unchanged, so Powers may have been a typo.

p200 - Shimmer - Advantages total should be 10, not 9. Grand total 153.

p201 - Felix Faust - Defense total should be 30, not 16, grand total 193.

p203 - Fire - Pyroplasm Body - Immunity 10 + Insub 3 + Corporeal Strength 2 = 27, not 22, although Insub 3 does cover Fire Damage Immunity and could arguably provide a price break of 5p on Fire Effects Immunity. Also, Fire has only Str 1 and therefore doesn't need 2 ranks of Corporeal. I suspect it was confusion with the half and full effects of Affects Insubstantial. Power total should be 70 or 65, not 61.

p205 - Firestorm - Powers total should be 99, not 88. Likely a typo.

p206 - Firehawk - Insight 6 (+10) should be +9 with Awe 3

p207 - Flash (Barry Allen) - Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10) is technically accurate since it includes his Close Attack 4, but none of the other characters include this in their CC:U total, not even the other Flashes.

p210 - Linda Park - Point total in her title bar should be 45, not 46.

p215 - Doll Man (Lester Colt) - Under offense Close Attacks should be Damage -3 or by Weapon Type

- The Human Bomb (Andy Franklin) - something needs to be said about the Side Effect on his Nuclear Blast. I presume the difference between the SE and the base effect is that the SE would actually affect Franklin as well, unlike normal Close range AoE attacks. It also seems like it would do “double damage” in a 16 mile wide circle in precisely the way that is specifically recommended against in the Linked modifer description (DCAHH p130).

p216 - Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight) - The full cost of the Black-Light Bands Array is 75+6ae = 81p -16 Removable, not -15.

p217 - Robot Drone - has no skills, but needs at least +8 in both Unarmed and Ranged Stinger to match Offense totals.

p218 - Neon - Power Total should be 63, grand total 168

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:31 pm

G's, couple Generals, lotsa Greenery.

p221 - General Immortus - Knife in Offense seems to be using the Close Combat: Unarmed bonus to attack.

p223 - General Zod - Kryptonian Acute Hearing, see p54. Also, all 3 interaction skills are not written as based on Pre 3.

p226 - Geo-Force - The Geo-Manipulation Array is written as 27p, but Earthquake costs 30p and Low Gravity Area cost 39p.

p227 - Giganta - the Enhanced Stamina linked to Size Increase is unnecessary since each Growth rank already includes a rank of Stamina. There's more, but it's too complicated to detail here.

p230 - Green Arrow (Connor Hawke) - Intimidation 4 (+7) should be +6 with Pre of 2

p235 - Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) - The Force Manipulation Array is written as 32p, but Mobile Constucts costs 36p. May need to be downgraded to due to a lower Will score than Jordan/Rayner.

p238 - Tom Kalmaku - typo on final total, should be 38

- Jillian "Cowgirl" Pearlman - Skills total is 16, not 17, grand total 54.

p243 - Green Lantern (John Stewart) - similar to Guy's (p235) with an array of only 30p.

p244 - Guardian - The Project Cadmus HQ has a cost of 32ep, not 50.

p245 - The Newsboy Legion - The Whiz Wagon cost is off and the Movement array is strange.

p246 - Gypsy - Grand total should be 137, not 147. Likely a typo.

And since this is the G's and they're relatively short, I'd like to thank greycrusader. As one of the official character statters for DC H&V, his posts give us a glimpse into the editing process as well as offering suggestions based on his interpretations of the characters of the DC universe. Know that it is appreciated.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Under H we've got Hawkpeople, H.I.V.E. and Hourmen. Another relatively short fix list.

p247 - Harbinger - Athletics 2 (+3) should be +2 with Str 0. Also, the Universe Orb is apparently calculated into the Powers total as a 1p Feature.

p250 - Hawk - Skills are really out of order. It's a minor concern, so much so that I didn't mention it on other characters, but it's most noticeable on Hawk.

p259 - Heat Wave - Flamethrower Array cost varies based on whether the Easily Removable Flaw applies to the full cost of Array plus AEs or not.

p260 - Hector Hammmond - Mental Prowess total should be 14, not 13. Powers total 149, Grand Total 189

p263 - Hitman - Athletics 7 (+8) should be +9 for Str 2.

- Natt “the Hat” Walls - Abilities and Defense totals are slightly off, likely due to a change in one of the Defense-adding Abilities.

p264 - HIVE Coucilor - Perception 4 (+7) should be +8 for Awe 4. Also, under Offense +10t should be +10 and Vitality Siphon attack bonus only adds up to +6, not +9.

- HIVE Enclave - Total only adds up to 31, not 34.

p265 - HIVE Recruit - HIVE Uniform is not marked as Removable. Adjust totals accordingly.

- HIVE Queen Bee - Intimidation 4 (+8) requires a Pre 0 to work. Constructs always seem to come out funny.

- Damian Dahrk - Powers total should be 25, not 22. Grand total 156.

p268 - Hourman (Matthew Tyler) - The Time Vision Array is written as 16p, but Accelerated Aging costs 20p. I suspect it was overlooked that Alternate Resistance for an effect that calls for a Toughness save costs 1p/rank instead of the usual 0. Related to that, under Offense Accelerated Aging lists Damage and Penetrating 5 instead of 4.

- the Timeship is 27ep, not 25.

p271 - Huntress - Skills total should be 47, not 46.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 am

I & J. Bringing Justice and Injustice together since 1947. :)

p275 - Indigo-1 - Perception 6 (+10) should be +16 for Awe 10

p277 - I.Q. - Powers are hard to track, and when I stat them out in comes to 29 total. Also, he has 49 ranks of skills for 25p total, not 24.

- I.Q. Gang Member - Light Pistol actually costs 6ep which is 2 Equipment ranks.

p278 - Jemm, Son of Saturn - The Empathy power in the Mark of Jargon cost 48p, not 38.

p281 - Blackbriar Thorn - Not positive, but I suspect Immortality 16 is meant to be Immo 6, otherwise the Powers total is 20p short. Also Defenses are off, but it's hard to tell between variable Growth and Fort Immunity.

- Icicle - Ranged Combat: Ice Powers 6 (+9) would be +10 with Dex 4, but in this case that would push PL to 12, so it might be better to drop Dex to 3.

- The Thinker - Several issues. Remote Sensing 10 All Senses w/Medium Flaw cost 40p so does not fit that array. Dodge requires a minimum Agl -5 to be mobile at all, and do active defenses actually make sense for this character?

p282 - Tigress - Skills total is 42p, not 41. Also under Offense, Knives should only be Damage 5, not 6.

- The Wizard - Illusion 12 (All Senses) costs 60p, not 48. (See also p84 above.)

p285 - Jade - Both Expertises should be 5 (+7), not +8, due to her Int 2. Also under Offense her Unarmed bonus should be +3 with Fgt 3.

p287 - Jericho - I'm going to sidestep all the debates about his Possession power (I get a cost of 87, not 62), but whether it is considered Ranged or a 30' melee attack Possession only has +3 attack bonus, not +9.

p288 - Johnny Quick - Powers total is 94, not 95. Looks like they just forgot to take off the Activation point.

p290 - The Joker - They either forgot Skill Mastery (Deception) or removed it intentionally since the Handbook writeup. Considering he is "a master of using Deception" I would go with the former.

p292 - JLA HQs - All HQs except Happy Harbor are short 2ep.

p295 - Amazing Man - Under Offense, Unarmed should be base Damage 3 for Str 3

p298 - Cyclone - Powers total should be 61, not 66. Grand total 117.

- King Chimera - Illusion 9 ((All Senses), Area 3 (60 feet)) cost 72p, not 63. (See also p84 above.) Grand Total 144.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 am

Dr Archeville wrote:pg. 122, Clayface: not sure if this is an errata or not, but why is his Shapechange not inside his Clay Body Array? The Quirk "Using Clay Body power ends Shapechange" makes it sound exactly like it should be in the Array.

I agree. On the other hand, I do see reasons for avoiding that, but mostly "aesthetic" reasons. The Clay Body Array, IMHO, is a pretty elegant construction as is. Using Shapechange in the array would make it the base power at 21, with the Clay Forms each getting a 13p AE slot with 8p of extra space in them, and the temptation to fill that space with unnecessary add-ons would be great. It's also already very point-efficient, and in fact it makes me want to make a playable PL10 PC based on this build, and I'm not usually one for shapeshifters.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “Errata”