GM Kit and Quickstart Character Generator

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

GM Kit and Quickstart Character Generator

Postby JonL » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Steve and I found a handful of errors in the GM Kit. Please add anything you find. (Now edited to include the errata you posted below and some new Enhanced Skill errors on pages 30 and 44.)

Page 7, top of the first column, under Unholy Strength and Vitality, change the non-bolded text to, "Enhanced Strength 3; Enhanced Trait 5 (Close Attack 5); Leaping 3 (60 feet); Regeneration 5; Speed 3 (16 MPH) • 22 points"

Page 14, on the Alternate Effects sidebar, Obscure should include the number of ranks of Concealment. It should read, "Obscure: Ranged Visual (All) Concealment 4 Attack, Choose one Extra: Burst Area or Cloud Area"

Page 17, top of the second column, result 5-8 Mental Database includes "Enhanced Skill 2 (Insight 2)" it should be, "Enhanced Skill 1 (Insight 2)" -- everything else is the same.

Page 24, under Offensive Powers, replace the second instance of "you" with "your." Currently reads, "don't roll for you Offensive Powers..." should read, "don't roll for your Offensive Powers..."

Page 30, second column, under POWERS, result 6-10, 1-10 Giant Size includes "Enhanced Skill -2 (Close Combat: Unarmed -2)" it should be, " Enhanced Skill -1 (Close Combat: Unarmed -2)" -- everything else is the same.

Page 31, under Skills, change the dark gray "Skills—Charismatic" header to "Skills—Charmer"

Page 34, under Skills, under the Summoner header, it currently reads: "Expertise (Choose one: Magic or Science) 6, Perception 4, Stealth 4" it should read, "Perception 4, Stealth 4, and choose one: Expertise (Magic) 6 or Technology 6"

Page 41, top of the second column, under POWERS, Primary Powers, Altered Human, result 1-4 Animalisitc includes "Enhanced Skill 4 (Perception 4)" it should be, "Enhanced Skill 2 (Perception 4)" -- everything else is the same.

Page 44, second column, under POWERS, Utility Powers, result 3-6 Catlike Balance includes "Enhanced Skill 4 (Acrobatics 4)" it should be, "Enhanced Skill 2 (Acrobatics 4)" -- everything else is the same.

Page 45, under Offensive Powers, Dense Fog should include the number of ranks of Concealment. It should read, "Dense Fog: Visual (All) Concealment 4 Attack, Burst Area (x4), Selective"

Page 45, under the Offensive Powers table for the Weather Controller, there is no "11" option; the 9-10 entry should be "9-11"
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Re: GM Kit and Quickstart Character Generator

Postby Jameson » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

page 7 wrote:Unholy Strength and Vitality: Enhanced Strength 3; Enhanced Trait 5 (Close Attack 5); Impervious on 6 ranks of Protection; Leaping 3 (60 feet); Regeneration 2
• 22 points

Not sure if this is errata or if I am missing something but the bolded part, Impervious on 6 ranks of Protection, doesn't make sense because all of the Protection options under the defensive powers already have Impervious. Near as I can tell its 6 wasted points not matter how you roll it.

Edit: Also under the Construct the bar for Defenses on page 7 lists Fortitude as +0 but it should read "Immune"
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

p. 31- SKILLS- the Summoner should have "Choose One: Expertise (Magic) or Technology 6", to complement the Artificer, Ritualist or Inventor Advantage he gets, instead of the choice of Expertise (Science).

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 am

I think you mean page 34 don't you Flying Cobra?

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 am

Jameson wrote:I think you mean page 34 don't you Flying Cobra?

by "31" I do indeed mean "34".

gah, it's the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch all over again...

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Page 17 Top of the second column

result 5-8 reads: "Mental Database: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Assessment), Enhanced Skill 2 (Insight 2) • 2 points"
However it should read "Enchanced Skill 1" otherwise it would cost 3 pp

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am

p.41- under Animalistic: it should read Enhanced Skill 2 (Perception 4)

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 am

Jameson wrote:Edit: Also under the Construct the bar for Defenses on page 7 lists Fortitude as +0 but it should read "Immune"

+0 is correct in this case because those points refer to what you add to those Defenses. Since you're not adding any points to Fortitude, it's a 0.

On the character sheet, yes, it should say Immune.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

Jameson wrote:Page 17 Top of the second column

result 5-8 reads: "Mental Database: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Assessment), Enhanced Skill 2 (Insight 2) • 2 points"
However it should read "Enchanced Skill 1" otherwise it would cost 3 pp

Ah, good catch. That's an inconsistency on my part. I couldn't remember if I was listing the number of points spent or ranks purchased and it looks like this one slipped through. If you ever see this error anywhere, the bonus listed for the skill is correct. So in this case, Insight 2 is correct.

Thanks for catching this!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm not sure if these qualify as errata or simple complaints, but I haven't seen them addressed yet. So.

Martial Artists: (page 18-19)

As described in this book, the only Martial Artist archetype who makes its Attack/Damage PL is the Mystic Endowment subtype, and then only if it has the Chi Master array. The Finesse & Control subtype ends up with +15 Attack bonus and a +3 Damage bonus, and the Strength & Power subtype ends up with +14 and +4, respectively. (Admittedly, these numbers might change if the character has access to a weapon from the Armed Fighter Background Advantages ... but I assume that if you're playing a Martial Artist, you want to be able to fight effectively unarmed, rather than being a cut-rate Weapon Master.)

Paragons: (page 23-24)

The Man of Action subtype of the archetype is described as the "height of human perfection". One wonders then how it ends up with Immunity 10 (life support) and possibly the ability to fly, since such feats are not exactly abilities that extensive training will grant you, the last time that I checked. Even changing the Immunity to a Sustained effect and claiming that it represents yogic training is pushing it a bit.

Speedsters: (page 31-32)

Two of the template's suggested offensive powers ("Rapid Attack" & "Rapid Fire") include the strange combination of Multiattack and Selective. The two extras don't seem to add anything to each other. Was the author under the impression that Selective allows you to not use Multiattack on an attack? Except that there's no real advantage to doing so, since it doesn't cost anything ...

Warrior: (page 41-42)

Again, one of the offensive powers ("Living Weapon') is designed with the idea that Multiattack effects somehow benefit from the addition of Selective, which isn't supported by the rules as written.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:50 pm

The characters that don't max out their OFFENSE or DEFENSE were done on purpose because of how the puzzle-piece assembly works. You're free to move points around if you want to max things out, but we couldn't do that and make all the different sets add up correctly.

As for Selective and Multiattack, if allows you to skip a character when spreading your attacks amongst multiple targets.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 pm

JonL wrote:As for Selective and Multiattack, if allows you to skip a character when spreading your attacks amongst multiple targets.

I would strongly request a note adding this fact to Multiattack for subsequent printings of the rulebook; as written, the rules only state that you have to take an attack penalty to hit multiple targets, not that you can't skip some without another Extra.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

Geremy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Geremy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 pm

On Page 35, the Vampires ability scores total out to 54, yet on page 37, it notes that they should total to 44. In addition, if you roll up the "Living Vampire" power on page 36, the characters toughness becomes 15, while his parry is 10, which exceeds power level.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 am

Geremy wrote:On Page 35, the Vampires ability scores total out to 54, yet on page 37, it notes that they should total to 44. In addition, if you roll up the "Living Vampire" power on page 36, the characters toughness becomes 15, while his parry is 10, which exceeds power level.

The Vampire has a null Sta score which is a cost of -10 and gets you to 44 pts.

The living vampire's Enhanced Sta 15 provides a Stamina score of +10 after overcoming the template's null Sta. This equates to Toughness +10 as well.

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Davies wrote:
JonL wrote:As for Selective and Multiattack, if allows you to skip a character when spreading your attacks amongst multiple targets.

I would strongly request a note adding this fact to Multiattack for subsequent printings of the rulebook; as written, the rules only state that you have to take an attack penalty to hit multiple targets, not that you can't skip some without another Extra.

That you'd even need Selective surprises me too. It's Multi-Attack, not Area.

Return to “Errata”