Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
escutcheon_plate
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby escutcheon_plate » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:18 pm

SUPER minor:

Page 21: "You cannot spend hero points on die rolls made by the GM or other players without the Luck Control effect (see the Powers chapter)."

I read this 2 or 3 times before it made sense!

The problem is "made by the GM or other players without the Luck Control effect" where it is not clear if you mean: made by the GM (without the luck control effect) or other players (without the luck control effect)... or if you mean "made by the GM or other players without the luck control effect". i.e. "without luck control" only applied to the 2nd item, players.

I'd rewrite as it did cause me to stop and consciously parse the meaning.

Something like: "The Luck Control power is the only way to spend hero points to modify die rolls made by the GM or other players (see the Powers chapter)."

_Virtual_Adept_
Hireling
Hireling

Postby _Virtual_Adept_ » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 pm

A very subtle error on pg 224, Measurement Table: Metric. On rank 27, we read 3,2000 ktons, but it should be 3,200 ktons.

ASCavalier
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ASCavalier » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 am

The example for throwing distance on page 10 should be fixed to indicate that 10 tons resolves to rank 9, not rank 8 as is written, and the calculations need to be updated accordingly.

Toxicbob2000
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Toxicbob2000 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 am

The summons/minions as descriptors text is repeated in the body text and the sidebar. Confirmed at one of my FLGS, this is an error in the PDF and print version.

I hate to bring this up, but as written, the motorcycle cannot carry the average biker, much less two of them, without collapsing (it being strength one and having a carrying capacity of 100 lbs). Even using the metric rules where strength one can lift 50kg, motorcycles are kind of...useless. The rules probably need an errata that makes vehicles start at higher strength for free.

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Toxicbob2000 wrote:I hate to bring this up, but as written, the motorcycle cannot carry the average biker, much less two of them, without collapsing (it being strength one and having a carrying capacity of 100 lbs). Even using the metric rules where strength one can lift 50kg, motorcycles are kind of...useless. The rules probably need an errata that makes vehicles start at higher strength for free.

I may be wrong, but I generally assume Passengers (up to the standard maximum-number of passengers, which for a motorcycle, I'd say as 1 or 2) are excluded from the carrying capacity.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

Toxicbob2000
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Toxicbob2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm

ScourgeXLVII wrote:
Toxicbob2000 wrote:I hate to bring this up, but as written, the motorcycle cannot carry the average biker, much less two of them, without collapsing (it being strength one and having a carrying capacity of 100 lbs). Even using the metric rules where strength one can lift 50kg, motorcycles are kind of...useless. The rules probably need an errata that makes vehicles start at higher strength for free.

I may be wrong, but I generally assume Passengers (up to the standard maximum-number of passengers, which for a motorcycle, I'd say as 1 or 2) are excluded from the carrying capacity.

A sensible solution!

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:17 am

Pg 73 wrote:SLEIGHT OF HAND
Dexterity • Manipulation

This should, according ot the table on page 63, say "Trained Only"
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

CBattles6
Bystander
Bystander

Postby CBattles6 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 pm

The "Under the Hood: Summon" sidebar is on pages 128 and 130. The text of both sidebars is exactly the same (save some extra formatting on the first sidebar).

demonskunk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby demonskunk » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm not sure about page numbers, but there doesn't seem to be a table concerning Lifting and carrying values or speed values for movement.

I'm not sure if the measurements table in the back pertains to this, but I sort of doubt it seeing as a hero with a rank 10 speed apparently moves at 2000 mph and that doesn't match up with anything on that table.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sat May 07, 2011 5:20 am

demonskunk wrote:I'm not sure about page numbers, but there doesn't seem to be a table concerning Lifting and carrying values or speed values for movement.

I'm not sure if the measurements table in the back pertains to this, but I sort of doubt it seeing as a hero with a rank 10 speed apparently moves at 2000 mph and that doesn't match up with anything on that table.

The table is on page 11. The value in the table is the distance moved in a Move Action. To get to distance in an hour you need to take the Rank and add +9 (9 being 1 hour of time), as described on the bottom of page 11. So 10+9=19, which is 2,000 miles on the table: the character can travel 2,000 miles in 1 hour.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

demonskunk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby demonskunk » Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 am

Thansk :D

Edit: One last thing:

Was knock back left out, or was the name changed to something else?

_Virtual_Adept_
Hireling
Hireling

Postby _Virtual_Adept_ » Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 am

Left out. But you can handle it as a complication.

demonskunk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby demonskunk » Sat May 07, 2011 12:18 pm

how?

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sat May 07, 2011 12:19 pm

demonskunk wrote:how?

If you have specific questions it is better to post them down in the General or DCA forum. This section is only for bringing Errata problems to Green Ronin's attention.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

JanKeesDudel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JanKeesDudel » Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Page 123, Regeneration Cost: 1 Point per rank

Flaws Source: -1 Cost per rank

Return to “Errata”