Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Flying Cobra » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:16 pm

I have the Space Cruiser at 102 pts.

It also seems all the Land Vehicles should have their Speed increased by 1, since vehicles don't benefit from Athletics check boosts.

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Postby grimmshade » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:18 pm

This may be outside the scope of errata, but since several things were clarified in the M&M HH from the DCA HH, it seems like we could use a sentence or two in the skill section about using social skills for things like demoralizing as a Move action with a -5 penalty. As of now, its only mentioned under Deception.

(Unless of course it was intentional to only allow this for Deception under the 3E rules.)

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I'd appreciate a note about which tasks under which skills can be done as routine checks.
I consider this errata-worthy, in that it really should have been in the book.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 pm

p.130 "Summon and Descriptors" present as Summon text and in Sidebar (Minions as Descriptors)

P 2 Table of Contents - there is an entry for PL 10 on p. 40 (under Martial Artist)

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Title Page: Steve Trustrum is listed twice under Playtesters.

GothicSilencer
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby GothicSilencer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 pm

There is some confusion about Area. First, we have the whole Shapeable problem. Next, the description of the various areas appears to be almost identical to DCA's chart, where, as far as the rules seem to say, you pay +1 cost PER RANK for the default area (30ft for Burst) and each +1 PER RANK raises the area by +1 on the Ranks and Measures chart. Okay... but then when we look at something like, say, High Explosives, the costs seem to reflect only a +1 per rank, no matter what explosive being used, from Grenade to Dynamite to Plastique, which seems to say that the size of explosion doesn't go up, only the damage, when using MORE explosive materials. In fact, Plastique has a side bar saying that each doubling of amount of explosive adds 1 to damage...but no note about increasing area, which 4 pounds of C4 would produce a MUCH bigger explosion than 1lb.

I don't know, I think the problem is the core concept of divorcing Area from Effect Rank. Much as I like that for simplicity's sake, when I try to add a hint of realism, it all goes to shit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
-Albert Einstein

If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
-Winston Churchill

slaughterj
Luminary
Luminary

Postby slaughterj » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Some minor typos:
1. p.20, under Heroic Feat, it says "a advantage" but should say "an advantage". Same error on p.24 under Advantages, and twice on p.79 under Advantage Descriptions (the main one at the top, and the one lower on the same page each have the same error).
2. p.70, the Example under Intimidating Minions ends with a quote mark, which should be removed.

One other matter for consideration, Recovery is addressed in three separate pages: p.105 under the Damage power, p.192 under the general subject of Attacks, and p. 199 under the subject Recovery. Much of the language in each is substantially similar, but with a few variations, and it should be considered whether all three of these make sense (perhaps p.199 could be dropped, rolled into p.192 as necessary), and whether any of the language missing from some of the section should be included in the other sections on Recovery. (Note, I do like that Damage is covered by the Damage power and under the Attacks section, which I think it was only covered under the Damage power in DC which was potentially confusing, so Recovery addressed in relation to the power and in the Combat section makes sense, but 2 times in the Combat section seems unnecessary and could confuse people because they might just read one of them and miss the stuff missing from one or the other versions elsewhere.)

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 am

p. 44- The Powerhouse' Immunity needs to be looked at- as the rules stand now, it would be Immunity 16 (Heat Damage- 5, Cold Damage- 5, Fatigue Effects- 5, Environmental Condition (Pressure)- 1), adding 4 points to his overall cost. In Hero Lab, it comes up as Immunity 12 (Environmental Condition (Heat)- 1, Environmental Condition (Cold)- 1, Fatigue Effects- 5, Pressure Damage- 5).

p. 45- The Psychic's Defenses cost should be 27, not 26.

p. 48- The Warrior's Defenses cost shows as "12Y"

Dark Koala
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Dark Koala » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:50 am

Move Object (pg 119) has the Sublte Extra listed as +1 per rank. This is inconsistent with the listed price of Subtle on 144 (as well as the price listed in the DCA Heroe's Handbook).

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 am

p. 218: The hawk's stat block is off. The PP total for Powers is 23, not 15.
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

Wasgo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wasgo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

I thought I'd cross post here about the color issue with the PDF.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39137

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Page 101, Concealment references itself, both in the actual description ["See Concealment on page 101 for the full effects."] and again in the description of the Partial Flaw ["see Concealment, page 101, for details"].

_Virtual_Adept_
Hireling
Hireling

Postby _Virtual_Adept_ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 pm

On page 162, Chapter 7, it is mentioned that Equipments can't suffer Extra Effort (but Devices can).

But the book doesn't mention how to use Extra Effort in devices anywhere. Nor in the Removable flaw, neither in the Device section of the 7th chapter.

emessar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby emessar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but the "multiple minions" extra for the Summon power has a listed cost of "+2 cost per rank". That seems a bit steep. I'm wondering if it's not supposed to be "Flat +2 per rank". I think that would be more in line with what it gives you.

For example, to have a summon a small wolf pack ... we'll say 8 PL3 wolves, would cost 24 pts if the cost is +2 per rank. Is that really equivalent to being able to summon one T-Rex(~PL12)?

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 am

emessar wrote:I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but the "multiple minions" extra for the Summon power has a listed cost of "+2 cost per rank". That seems a bit steep. I'm wondering if it's not supposed to be "Flat +2 per rank".

No, that's been confirmed as intentional.

Here's a post by Jon Leitheusser about it:
JonL wrote:The reason for the big cost for Multiple Minions on Summon is because it's the only power in the game that, effectively, gives you additional actions. An increase of 1/rank wasn't expensive enough in my and Steve's opinions, and 2/rank looked about right.

Return to “Errata”