Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Flying Cobra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm going to start compiling all the errata into a single entry here, with notes as to who caught them, for quicker reference.

p. 40, Martial Artist- Fighting should be 13, not 12.

p. 43, Paragon- Dexterity should be 1, not 3.

p. 46, Shapeshifter- skills should cost 13 points, not 14.
Stealth skill total should only be +8, instead of +10 listed. (Psistrike)

p. 51, The Rook's Power Level has been left blank. (Jason Sunday)
The Rook has Fighting 8 and no other traits that would add a bonus to his Fighting Staff attack (Unkind Mirror)

p.97, Effect Description Format. It should say "Extras unique to an effect are in red", instead of 'italics'.

Page 119: "You must make Move Object’s duration Sustained (+1 cost per rank) before you can make it Continuous." Move Object is already Sustained (Unkind Mirror)

p. 170 or 172 - either the scaling of Defense adjustments on vehicles is incorrect, or the listed Defense for all non-medium vehicles is incorrect. According to the chart of vehicles on p. 172, the Defense adjustments on p. 170 should be 0, -2, -4, -6, -8, -10.

p. 172, cost for Car should be 8.

p.216, "Bystander" mislabeled "Uh-Huh" (Shadowchaser)

p. 181, Ability cost for Robot should be -24. Giant Robot Parry and Dodge should be -8, not -5.
Last edited by Flying Cobra on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Post Mutants and Masterminds Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Shadowchaser » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Is the Bystander REALLY supposed to be named "Uh Huh" now?
(page 216)
really?
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Relique du Madde
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Relique du Madde » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 am

EDIT: Superseded by Flying cobra's suggested errata.

I'll bang out all the formatting errors within the Powers section (each within the Extras and Flaws subheadings of various powers)

p98. Extra condition: and Instant recovery: should be written in black text.
p100. Rapid: should be written in black text.
p101. Passive: should be written in black text.
p103. Stationary:, Tether:, snd Proportional: should be written in black text.
p105. Reflect: and Redirect: should be written in black text.
p107. Reduced Trait: should be written in black text.
p108. Projection: should be written in black text.
p109. Gliding: should be written in black text.
p110. Levitation: and Platform: should be written in black text.
p111. Action:, Energizing: , Persistent: , Restorative: , Resurrection: , Stabilize: , Empathic: , and Temporary: should be written in black text.
p113. Limited to Half Effect: should be written in black text.
p115. Progressive: and Absent Strength: should be written in black text.
p116 Action should be written in black text.
p122. Randomize: should be written in black text.
p123. Source: and No Conduit: should be written in black text.
p124. Simultaneous: should be written in black text.
p128. Atomic: and Normal Strength: should be written in black text.
p129. Active: , Controlled: , Heroic: , Horde: should be written in black text.
p130. Multiple Minions: , Sacrifice: , Variable Type: , and Attitude: should be written in black text.
p131. Change Direction: , Change Velocity: , Easy: , Extended: , Increased Mass: , Portal: , and Turnabout: should be written in black text.
p133. Action: should be written in black text.
Last edited by Relique du Madde on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason_Sunday
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Jason_Sunday » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Page 51 The Rook's character sheet doesn't have his power level in the blank.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Page 46, Shapeshifter: Stealth skill total should only be +8, instead of +10 listed.

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Postby grimmshade » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:24 am

The Vehicle Table still seems to have wrong pricing for many vehicles, but now the Defense on the table on p.170 for vehicle pricing has been changed, but may not actually be reflected in the pricing of vehicles on the table.

Relique du Madde
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Relique du Madde » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:14 pm

grimmshade wrote:The Vehicle Table still seems to have wrong pricing for many vehicles, but now the Defense on the table on p.170 for vehicle pricing has been changed, but may not actually be reflected in the pricing of vehicles on the table.

The pricing is correct HOWEVER There is an error on pg. 170's Vehicle Size Categories table.

As per the size rank modifier table on pg. 224, the defense values for each vehicle size category should be...

VEHICLE SIZE (RANK) DEFENSE
Awesome -10
Colossal –8
Gargantuan -6
Huge -4
Large –2
Medium 0

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Page 44: While it's not necessarily errata in that it's wrong, I'll note that there is no reason at all for the Powerhouse archetype to buy his Shockwave and Groundstrike as a separate array, when they could have simply been made Alternate Effects of his Strength-Damage. It's wasting nine points for no gain at all.

Page 51: The Rook has Fighting 8 and no other traits that would add a bonus to his Fighting Staff attack; just being Strength-based doesn't make it fall under Close Combat: Unarmed.

Page 119: "By taking a move action to concentrate you can increase this by +1 Str, changing the effect’s duration to Concentration" It's unclear to me how that's supposed to work. Concentration Duration effects require a Standard Action each round to maintain, does the bit about the Move Action supersede that?

Page 119: "You must make Move Object’s duration Sustained (+1 cost per rank) before you can make it Continuous." Move Object is already Sustained by default; I guess the statement is true, but essentially meaningless.

Page 139: Shapeable still says nothing about how much volume is necessary to affect any given target.

Page 143: What constitutes an "arc" for the purpose of Multiattack? Does it have to be a continuous line, how does it work with empty spaces, and spaces that contain objects that aren't necessarily designated hostile? What about friendlies?

Page 149: Removable; the discount on Ultramarine's armor should only be 19 points, since the discount is based on total multiples of five, not on dividing the cost by five and rounding.
Either the example is wrong or the method for discount calculation is wrong/unclearly expressed.
Last edited by UnkindMirror on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Relique du Madde wrote:I'll bang out all the formatting errors within the Powers section (each within the Extras and Flaws subheadings of various powers)

If anything, the error is on p.97, with the Effect Description Format. It should say "Extras
unique to an effect are in red", instead of 'italics'.

As for the vehicle discussion- please read the other posts, so we can avoid duplicating material (unless it is correcting the previous post).

flyingcircus
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flyingcircus » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I can't believe the new rules are this F'ed up with mistakes, you think they would have caught all these after all the errors in DCA.....doh! :cry:

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:34 pm

flyingcircus wrote:I can't believe the new rules are this F'ed up with mistakes, you think they would have caught all these after all the errors in DCA.....doh! :cry:

I hear you...but that's easier said than done. Finding and fixing these errors is a surprisingly complicated process involving a number of different people, all of whom are indeed working hard to try to minimize the amount of errata needed so that the final product will be as clean as possible.

Fortunately, with the added help of the good folks here on the ATT, we should be able to catch most of these little errors before the book goes to print. Fear not!

However, rest assured that I do hear you. 8)

By the way, for those who find any more errors, just keep adding them as new entries. Since I've already got a running list going, it's easier for me to see anything new if it appears in a separate entry altogether (otherwise, I might not notice that a previous entry has been updated). Thanks!

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm

Ah.

Cool, thanks for that info, Hermes.

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Postby grimmshade » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:35 am

Flying Cobra wrote:
As for the vehicle discussion- please read the other posts, so we can avoid duplicating material (unless it is correcting the previous post).

Understood. However I am pretty sure that the cost of more than just the car is wrong. I don't have the book in front of me, but when I compared it with DCA after purchasing it most of the chart was the same as in DCA, and many of those were incorrectly priced.
(Not being a jerk, just trying to make sure the chart is absolutely correct before going to print.)

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 pm

grimmshade wrote: I am pretty sure that the cost of more than just the car is wrong. I don't have the book in front of me, but when I compared it with DCA after purchasing it most of the chart was the same as in DCA, and many of those were incorrectly priced.
(Not being a jerk, just trying to make sure the chart is absolutely correct before going to print.)

Oh, I totally agree- I only listed the car so far, myself, because it was the only one I had time to figure out the cost on. I guess I feel it's more helpful to actually calculate the correct costs and list that, instead.

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:15 pm

grimmshade wrote:However I am pretty sure that the cost of more than just the car is wrong. I don't have the book in front of me, but when I compared it with DCA after purchasing it most of the chart was the same as in DCA, and many of those were incorrectly priced.

Do these seem a little better?

Car 8
Limousine 7
Truck 8
Armored Car 10
Tank 67
APC 37
Speedboat 9
Cutter 28
Military Copter 62
Fighter Jet 83
Bomber 43 (55 if the bombs are Ranged)
Space Fighter 54
Space Cruiser 110
Space Battleship 122
Mole Machine 12

Please feel free to double-check my math for me. :D

Note that these numbers assume that all weapons are paid for separately (since they would likely be multi-crew vehicles able to fire all their weapons simultaneously, making them ineligible as alternate effects). Also note that the Bomber may be a little wonky (it has a Strength 3 lower than the default and the bombs are not specified as being Ranged, both of which may or may not have been intentional).

Return to “Errata”