Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Twitch
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Twitch » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Growth (p. 100) specifies that Growth increases are limited by Power Level.

Shrinking (p. 117) does not specify any relation to power level limits. This could allow you to use Shrink to break PL limits for active defenses and the stealth skill.
Twitch's Playable 3e Builds

I...sometimes I wonder, what if the powers I have, that my brother has, how do we know that they are the gifts of God, and not the tricks of the Devil?

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 am

On p. 266, the Scientist's skills are off. His Dex of +1 and 2 skill ranks give him a total Vehicles skill of +3, not +2.
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby pawsplay » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Elana wrote:But does that really mean that I have to roll attacks against targets I don't want to attack?

And why then take multiattack in the first place? seemingly it is cheaper to buy damage 5(str based) with an selective burst area extra.

Because you can use the single target attack as well as an arc or spray. +2 or +5 circumstance bonus to Damage, over and above PL, is pretty good at any price.
Kickstarter: Tripod Machine presents Do Not Approach (Super-powered by M&M)
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!

Elana
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Elana » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 am

+5 over PL when my attack is 15 points over what I needed to roll.

Or in other words if I know that I can hit so much better I'm better off using power attack.
(Especially as multi attack gets very expensive if I have a reasonable damage output normally, like say 8 points. With an selective extras that are 16 points just so I can make a burst attack with bad chances to hit. Doesn't really sound like a wise investment)
Beware, I have an evil ruber duck..and I'm not afraid to use it!

Atlatl Jones
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atlatl Jones » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 pm

The Aid action (p.175) seems oddly inconsistent with Team Checks (p.16), and Team Attacks (p.178). They all work the same, except that Aid gives a +5 circumstance bonus with 4 degrees of success, and the other two give +5 circumstance bonuses with 3 degrees of success. This is especially odd because the aid action says it's like a team check.

It's also unclear whether the Teamwork advantage works with the Aid action or Team Attacks, both of which are combat applications of the Team Check rule.

Atlatl Jones
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atlatl Jones » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

I found a couple in the Immunity effect. Under 5 ranks, it lists "entrapment (grappling, snares, or bonds)." That should probably be grabbing.

Also, the Affects Others extra is listed as being +1 per rank, not the usual +0/+1 depending on whether you can only affect others.

I also have one tiny errata and one suggestion for Insubstantial: The Progressive extra should be blue, because it's unique to the effect.

The descriptive text of Insubtantial says that it's possible to make Insubstantial your "normal" form, with being solid having a sustained duration. This should probably be a "+0 per rank" Extra, so there's a standard way to refer to it in character write-ups.

charlieluce
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby charlieluce » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:Under the Concealment power, the Attack extra is listed as +1 cost per rank. The standard Attack extra lists it as +0 cost per rank. Builds in the book use the standard cost of +0.

In a semi-related matter, the various Smoke Grenades/Pellets/Bombs in the book are generally listed as costing 12 points, which would imply that they are not Ranged.

It is also unclear how long the effect lasts, as the Attack Extra implies that it does not change the duration of an Effect and Concealment is Sustained, though remotely sustaining a smoke grenade seems counter-intuitive. :D

I suppose that the answer could be that the Smoke Grenades are Ranged and have an Instant Duration Flaw (though such a Flaw does not appear to exist in the rules), though that is not clear from the description. It would mean that the 12 point cost is correct (assuming the +1 for Attack under Concealment is a typo).

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 am

The stat blocks on the following characters are off:

• Robot - PP total is 27, not 25.
  • Thug - PL should be 3, not 2. (Average of Parry and Toughness is 3.)
  • Dolphin - PL should be 4, not 3. (Average of Fortitude and Will.)
  • Whale - The whale's Athletics total should be +20, not +8, giving it a PL of 10. (I think the ranks in Athletics are redundant, given its untrained skill bonus of +12.)
  • Senses: Scent - Appears on the shark, whale, wolf, lion, and Gorilla Grodd. Is this Acute(scent)?
  • Hawk - Four mistakes: Perception total is +8, not +7. 8 points are spent on Abilities, not 6. (Both problems are corrected if Awareness is reduced to 1.) The hawk's powers total 13, not 11. PP total is 28, not 24.
  • Lion - Stealth total is +9, not +11. (Stealth modifier from Growth is not factored in.)
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

slaughterj
Luminary
Luminary

Postby slaughterj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 am

Is anyone working on putting these in order and/or nice format? At least the clear errata would be nice, though the open questions could be included in italics so people can consider them when looking them up.

Atlatl Jones
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Is this an appropriate place to point out minor errors that have no effect on gameplay, like typos and formatting errors?

If so, there's one in the Normal Senses sidebar on p. 115. Under Visual, it says "accurate (able to pinpoint to locations of things)."

Twitch
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Twitch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 pm

There is a healthy thread here regarding Deflect and Power Levels. I list it here because it should probably be specified in the rules if/how Deflection works in relation you power levels.
Twitch's Playable 3e Builds

I...sometimes I wonder, what if the powers I have, that my brother has, how do we know that they are the gifts of God, and not the tricks of the Devil?

Atlatl Jones
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:05 am

On p.157, Tanks have impervious toughness 6 and APCs have impervious toughness 4, the same as they had in M&M 2e. These should be 12 and 8, because of the changes to impervious toughness.

slaughterj
Luminary
Luminary

Postby slaughterj » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:38 am

Atlatl Jones wrote:Is this an appropriate place to point out minor errors that have no effect on gameplay, like typos and formatting errors?

If so, there's one in the Normal Senses sidebar on p. 115. Under Visual, it says "accurate (able to pinpoint to locations of things)."

So what is the error? I think even minor errors would be good to point out, so that they can come in, get them all, and clean it all up for the forthcoming 3e book.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 am

"pinpoint to" is awkward and mildly redundant is all I can gather.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Per JonL:

JonL wrote:
The question is: does the Dazed condition prevent you from taking your normal compliment of Free actions?

There are two schools of thought:
1. Dazed limits you to one Standard OR one Move OR one Free action
2. Dazed limits you to one Standard OR one Move, but you can take Free actions as normal.

Official answer is #2. You can still take free actions. Otherwise Dazed is far too powerful for the level of effect it's supposed to be.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Return to “Errata”