Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Re: Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Talison » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm

UnkindMirror wrote:Hal has Dexterity 3. His Dexterity based Skills are: Ranged Combat: Power Ring, and Vehicles.
Both indicate that the modifying Ability bonus is 3.

Oh, my bad, had his DEX typed into Hero Lab wrong and assumed I found a similar error to Black Canary's.

Johnny Utah
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Johnny Utah » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the table 'Degrees of Success and Failure" on page 14 doesn't correctly reflect degrees of failure.

DC-5 should be 2 degrees of failure (and each example below that is incorrect) if the text on page 15 is correct:

"Just rolling a success or failure counts as one degree. Every five full points a check result is over or under the difficulty class adds a degree."

grimmshade
Disciple
Disciple

Postby grimmshade » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the table 'Degrees of Success and Failure" on page 14 doesn't correctly reflect degrees of failure.

DC-5 should be 2 degrees of failure (and each example below that is incorrect) if the text on page 15 is correct:

"Just rolling a success or failure counts as one degree. Every five full points a check result is over or under the difficulty class adds a degree."

The confusion arises because rolling the DC exactly is a success. So a DC 20 check would ACTUALLY need a roll of DC -6 to be 2 degrees of Fail. (which is confusingly 5 FULL points away from success) The chart on page 14 counts up for Failure instead of down, so instead of starting at DC -1 or lower = 1 Failure, it is saying DC -5 or greater = 1 failure.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Beleriphon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Darkseid's point total is too high. He's actually 10 points cheaper than he's listed if you add up the individual sections, which as far as I can tell are all correct.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:12 pm

The Rook, page 43.

Close Combat (Unarmed) shouldn't apply to his Fighting Staff attack; his Fighting Staff attack bonus would then only be +8 from his Fighting.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:08 am

Again on Black Canary, aren't her affliction powers priced wrong. If you build them like Dazzle they should be Limited to hearing and thus cheaper.

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 am

I don't think Black Canary deserves a discount on her affliction effects because they're limited to hearing. Just about everything she would normally encounter can hear, and if she comes up against something that can't hear, the GM can give her a hero point to soothe the pain. :)

In the case of Black Canary's dazed/stunned/incapacitated affliction effect, I don't think that one should get a discount either. Something doesn't have to be able to hear to be affected by sound. You can shatter a wineglass with your voice, if you do it right.
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

No, no. My point is they are dazzle effects. They can only dazzle someone's hearing, not their vision, taste, or touch.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 am

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:In the case of Black Canary's dazed/stunned/incapacitated affliction effect, I don't think that one should get a discount either. Something doesn't have to be able to hear to be affected by sound. You can shatter a wineglass with your voice, if you do it right.

I believe what he is trying to say is that Dazzle is built as Sense Impaired, Sense Disabled, and Sense Unaware and gets a -1 Flaw for limiting it to a single Sense of your choice. This means that Canary's first two Afflictions that give Hearing Impaired/Disabled/Unaware results are also limited to a single Sense: hearing, and should get a cost break.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

The Fifth Wanderer
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I don't know; I think that most effects like that are limited to a single sense of your choice. An effect that debilitates all of a target's senses is too powerful for my liking.
Dread Mad God and Keeper of the M&M3e/DCA Resources thread.

The Secret World Chronicle - A superhero audiobook podcast.

gaelinic
Bystander
Bystander

Mistake with Rook

Postby gaelinic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:00 pm

So, I'm just reading through the DC Adventures book. I just started. This is my introduction to Mutants and Masterminds. I had a GM run a game last weekend. I was really impressed. But then again, I'm a big DC fan. However, I was reading through Rook's description and was following along until it go to the equipment list. I was adding right along with the description. But it lost me at advantages and powers. The math doesn't add up. Basically, I can't understand why his powers are counting against his 150 power point total?

According to my math, Rook should have 19 points in advantages but 0 points in powers. Aren't the powers coming out of a separate pool of points from your equipment cost (1/5)? Why are the powers counted against his power point total?

The description under equipment (p147) states that the character pays the item's cost out of the points from the Equipment advantage. According to this statement, Rook still has 8 power points to spend and 7 equipment points to spend. What am I missing?

Gaelinic

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Rook's Cowl and Wings, being non-standard equipment, are purchased as Devices- powers with the Removable flaw.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:I don't know; I think that most effects like that are limited to a single sense of your choice. An effect that debilitates all of a target's senses is too powerful for my liking.

Look at Dazzle example Power in either book. Based on the description limiting the Affliction to a single sense is a Flaw not a choice. A Dazzle that affects Hearing looks like this:

Dazzle: Ranged Affliction (Hearing Impaired, Hearing Disabled, Hearing Unaware), Cumulative, Limited to Hearing Sense Group, 2pp/Rank.

Now look at Black Canary:

Canary Cry: Affliction (Hearing Impaired, Hearing Disabled, Hearing Unaware), Area, Concentration. 3pp/Rank.

Both attacks are the same Affliction: Hearing Impaired, Disabled, Unaware yet one gets a Flaw for being limited to Hearing Sense Group while the other does not. That seems like a major inconsistency in how the Power works.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

Looking at the Errata (which I'm very happy is out). A few things I noticed.

Black Canary still doesn't have the discussed flaw on her Dazzle powers.

Captain Marvel still doesn't have the activation flaw on his powers despite being the example, although I think the way they handle him is fine.

Green Arrow: Should all of his Affliction effect arrows not be ranged.

Superman still has acute hearing as a power despite hearing still automatically being acute.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 am

Did the Fighter Jet from the Gadgets & Gear section change in the M&M HH? In the DCA HH it is listed as huge. The updated Hero Lab has it as gargantuan, as does the sample table on DCA HH page 155.

The Batplane is listed at 49 points. The Air-to air missiles are coming in at over 100 points by themselves. Am I figuring something wrong?

Return to “Errata”