Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
usgrandprix
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby usgrandprix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19 am

Millennium wrote:I don't know if I'm right here... but I calculate the cost of Bolos in Batman's utility belt as 8, rather than 12. Am I missing something? Apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere

I was trying to figure that out too. The only thing I can think is that maybe the extra condition cost is +2 per level since there is an extra condition for the first degree and an extra condition for the second degree. Maybe it's charged for each extra condition and there are technically two overall. Or for the +1 do you get three extra conditions? The text is a little unclear for that extra in the affliction power.

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 am

Really minor issue, not sure why I'm even bothering to point it out.
Improved Initiative is listed before Improved Hold both in the chart and in their full descriptions. Should be the other way 'round.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 pm

usgrandprix wrote:
Millennium wrote:I don't know if I'm right here... but I calculate the cost of Bolos in Batman's utility belt as 8, rather than 12. Am I missing something? Apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere

I was trying to figure that out too. The only thing I can think is that maybe the extra condition cost is +2 per level since there is an extra condition for the first degree and an extra condition for the second degree. Maybe it's charged for each extra condition and there are technically two overall. Or for the +1 do you get three extra conditions? The text is a little unclear for that extra in the affliction power.

Look at the Snare power (pg. 117) - the bolos would be Ranged, Extra Condition, Cumulative & Limited Degree - total 3pp/rank.

jamescbennett
Bystander
Bystander

Postby jamescbennett » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

The description of the Concealment effect (pg 91) states "You cannot have concealment from tactile senses, since that requires being incorporeal (see the Insubstantial effect)."

The description of the Incorporeal (Rank 4 Insubstantial) effect (pg 104) states "Sensory effects...still work on you".

I believe that the Incorporeal description should read "Sensory effects (except for tactile sensory effects)...still work on you".

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 am

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:[*] Lion - Stealth total is +9, not +11. (Stealth modifier from Growth is not factored in.)[/list]

Also, Growth (or some other power) is priced incorrectly. The lion has:

Growth 2 (Permanent) • 4 pp
Senses 2 (Low-light vision, Scent) • 2 pp
Protection 4 • 4 pp

The total listed on the stat block is 8, not 10. Consequently, the total cost should be 47 pp rather than the 45 pp that is listed.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 pm

jamescbennett wrote:The description of the Concealment effect (pg 91) states "You cannot have concealment from tactile senses, since that requires being incorporeal (see the Insubstantial effect)."

The description of the Incorporeal (Rank 4 Insubstantial) effect (pg 104) states "Sensory effects...still work on you".

I believe that the Incorporeal description should read "Sensory effects (except for tactile sensory effects)...still work on you".

By "Sensory Effects" they mean Dazzle (Affliction), Environment (for visibility), & effects with the Sense-Dependent modifier.

_Virtual_Adept_
Hireling
Hireling

Postby _Virtual_Adept_ » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 pm

On Darkseid's sheet, the Teleport of his Omega Effect has the Homing Extra, but it doesn't have the Ranged Extra.

In other words, probably they missed the Ranged Extra for the Teleport Attack.

Twitch
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Twitch » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 pm

The explosives on page 154 are either incorrectly priced, or written up. I vote for incorrectly written up on the table.

Each costs 3 per ranks but only has Damage + Area (2pp). I'm assuming that plastic explosives and dynamite aren't being thrown, but placed gently and left until boom!

So maybe both should be written up as Triggered Burst Area Damage X?
Twitch's Playable 3e Builds

I...sometimes I wonder, what if the powers I have, that my brother has, how do we know that they are the gifts of God, and not the tricks of the Devil?

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm sorry if this was posted earlier (I skimmed, but did not see it), but correct me if this is wrong:

On page 128, under the Perception (range) option for Area Effect, it gives two examples. I believe the first example is in error, where it says Doctor Psycho has a Burst Area Affliction. I think they are trying to describe a Perception Area Affliction. Am I wrong?

(edit- Thanks Unkind Mirror!)

Okay, so this isn't errata, they just didn't explicitly state Doctor Pscyho has Perception Range on a Burst Area affliction, so I lost the thread of the explanation. Thanks to Unkind Mirror for clearing that up.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

reb8er
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby reb8er » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm

The Psionic has +10 to hit with Telekinesis, not sure where they get the +10 from.

charlieluce
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby charlieluce » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 pm

reb8er wrote:The Psionic has +10 to hit with Telekinesis, not sure where they get the +10 from.

Dexterity 2, 4 Accuracy in the Telekinesis Power.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 pm

If no one else has mentioned it, Black Canary;s AWE and PRE skills all suggest those stats should be 1 higher than they are.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Ditto on Hal's DEX skills.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Hero Lab is also suggesting that Hal's Create 18 exceeds his PL limit by 4. Is that because it's an effect without an attack roll?

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Talison wrote:If no one else has mentioned it, Black Canary;s AWE and PRE skills all suggest those stats should be 1 higher than they are.

Third page of this thread.

Talison wrote:Ditto on Hal's DEX skills.

Hal has Dexterity 3. His Dexterity based Skills are: Ranged Combat: Power Ring, and Vehicles.
Both indicate that the modifying Ability bonus is 3.

Talison wrote:Hero Lab is also suggesting that Hal's Create 18 exceeds his PL limit by 4. Is that because it's an effect without an attack roll?

The description of Create states that it requires an attack roll for trapping or dropping, so this would seem to be an error on Hero Lab's part.

Return to “Errata”