Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Re: Post DCA Hero's Handbook Errata Here

Postby Talison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 am

The tear gas pellets and Batman's flashbangs also have Dazzle like Affliction effects without a limit as to only effecting one sense. It really seams although the sample Dazzle power accounts for such a limit, all the uses of Affliction to build such powers do not.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Don't know if it's been posted yet (Sorry, it's late and I just noticed it), but in the Errata posted today, no mention is made of the base duration of Move Object being 'Sustained' instead of 'Concentration' as listed in the original effect description box. Which is on page 108, not 109 as indicated in the errata.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 am

Further, under the Move Object errata, in the Extras section, it mentions that you have to make Move Object's duration "Sustained" before you can make it "Continuous"... but isn't it already Sustained? Otherwise the 'Concentrate to increase rank by +1' option in the description of the power doesn't make much sense.

Also, as has been pointed out in another thread, it might be nice to have a more clear explanation of the distance an object can be moved while under the power of this effect. My assumption is that you use the throwing distance of the rank vs. mass, but there seems to be some confusion about this because it isn't spelled out in the text.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Wonder Woman's lasso is incorrectly priced. It should be a 40 point base: Move Object 16 = 32 points. The Affliction should cost 8 points: Base = 1, +1 Ranged, -1 Limited, -1 Truth, for a final cost of 2 Ranks for 1 point. 16 Ranks = 8 points. 40-16=24, not 22 points.

Black Canary's Cone Area Damage/Affliction could be 5 Ranks for each rather then 4 each to fit within a 30 point Array.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 am

Shrinking's cost is still 1pp/rank in the effects entry (correct in the table).

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Talison wrote:Did the Fighter Jet from the Gadgets & Gear section change in the M&M HH? In the DCA HH it is listed as huge. The updated Hero Lab has it as gargantuan, as does the sample table on DCA HH page 155.

The Batplane is listed at 49 points. The Air-to air missiles are coming in at over 100 points by themselves. Am I figuring something wrong?

The Fighter Jet in the Vehicles chart on 158 is listed as Huge and totals at 66 points, which is the right total for that build. The Air-to-Air Missiles cost is 36p; the confusing part is that the 11 ranks of Ranged Damage is only partly Extra'd for 8 ranks of Burst Area. The machine guns would be 18p, but are presumably an AE of the more expensive missiles for one additional point. This makes the base cost of a Fighter Jet with NO weapons 29p.

The Batplane is a FJ with no machine guns but does have missiles, plus Remote Control. The only way I can see getting 49 points out of that is the base cost 29 + RC 1 + MG 18 + AE 1, so the loadout for the Batplane is incorrect. FJ 29 + AtA 36 + RC 1 = 66 equipment points, which makes the total equipment allotment 111ep for 23p. This is 4 over his listed Equipment Advantage, making his advantage total 76 and the grand total 286.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 am

On p215, Black Canary's corrected Awareness and Presence have driven up her point totals, but the totals have not been changed. They should now read Abilities: 64 and Total: 186
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:34 am

On p217, Captain Marvel's Power and Abilities Totals are swapped. They should read Abilities 110 and Powers 96.

To be fair, most of CM's powers are essentially his high abilities, and there may have been some moving from basic to Enhanced Abilities in earlier drafts.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:00 am

On p223, Green Lantern's Force Bubble would cost 40 points, making it too big for the Force Manipulation Array. (And for what it's worth, the effect slot can't really be used dynamically to any advantage, either.) This is likely due to the change in cost of Life Support from 9p in 2e to 10p in DCA/3e, since a 36p Force Bubble would fit perfectly. Since it provides no real combat advantage and is most often used for moving around others, particularly through space, it's really for moving plot foward more easily and is not likely to be unbalancing to play. This could be used as an example of a good time for the GM to "play loose" with certain effects that capture the feel of a character, although I'm sure that level of editing is outside Errata.

Also, on p261, Sinestro has exactly the same power in an even smaller array.

EDIT - one possible solution that doesn't involve hand-waving and totals-fudging would be to removed the Ranged Extra and add 6 ranks of the Reach flat extra (4 ranks for Sinestro), so the Force Bubble has a 30' reach.
Last edited by JDRook on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Rules Musings in 3e

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 am

JDRook wrote:On p217, Captain Marvel's Power and Abilities Totals are swapped. They should read Abilities 110 and Powers 96.

To be fair, most of CM's powers are essentially his high abilities, and there may have been some moving from basic to Enhanced Abilities in earlier drafts.

No, the book is correct.

If you subtract Captain Marvel's Enhanced Fighting 4 and Enhanced Awareness 7 from his powers, his statline looks like this:
Strength 19, Stamina 15, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3
48 Ability ranks, 96 points in total.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:05 am

JDRook wrote:On p223, Green Lantern's Force Bubble would cost 40 points,

As I read it, Force Bubble only adds the Extras to Green Lantern's existing Life Support effect, meaning that slot contains 30 points of Modifiers, and no base effect.
That's why it's listed as "x, y, z on Life Support" instead of "Life Support, x, y ,z".

Which contradicts the way Extras are supposed to work, but would add up, point-wise.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 am

UnkindMirror wrote:
JDRook wrote:On p217, Captain Marvel's Power and Abilities Totals are swapped. They should read Abilities 110 and Powers 96.

No, the book is correct.

If you subtract Captain Marvel's Enhanced Fighting 4 and Enhanced Awareness 7 from his powers, his statline looks like this:
Strength 19, Stamina 15, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3
48 Ability ranks, 96 points in total.

You're right. I only had Enh AWE set up wrong, and coincidentally it costs the same as the difference between the two totals, so I thought a typo was the more likely explanation.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 am

UnkindMirror wrote:
JDRook wrote:On p223, Green Lantern's Force Bubble would cost 40 points,

As I read it, Force Bubble only adds the Extras to Green Lantern's existing Life Support effect, meaning that slot contains 30 points of Modifiers, and no base effect.
That's why it's listed as "x, y, z on Life Support" instead of "Life Support, x, y ,z".

Which contradicts the way Extras are supposed to work, but would add up, point-wise.

:shock:
Okay, that works well. I see that as being quite a precedent for future builds.

My Rules Musings in 3e

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 am

Incidentally, since GL already has Life Support, one could easily replace Force Bubble with

Immunity 10 (Life Support)
[Extras: Affects Others (+0, i.e. Others Only), Ranged (+1), Burst Area (+1)]
which would be RAW.

Perhaps that's what the book means to say, but if so I don't find it very clear.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am

JDRook wrote:The Fighter Jet in the Vehicles chart on 158 is listed as Huge and totals at 66 points, which is the right total for that build. The Air-to-Air Missiles cost is 36p; the confusing part is that the 11 ranks of Ranged Damage is only partly Extra'd for 8 ranks of Burst Area. The machine guns would be 18p, but are presumably an AE of the more expensive missiles for one additional point. This makes the base cost of a Fighter Jet with NO weapons 29p.

OH! Only 8 ranks of the damage have the Burst Area. I was adding the burst area on 8 times.

Return to “Errata”