Post Paragons Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post Paragons Errata here

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 am

Mindbender on page 145 has 104 pp of powers, not 106.
4*14 for 4 ranks of the Selective Burst Mind Control. + 2 pp of feats + 8 pp of APs + 1*9 pp of Telelocation + (2+1)*9 pp of Senory Link Telepathy + 2 pp of Super-Senses = 104.

Never mind... I missed the two dynamic APs. She's fine as far as I can tell. :-D

ciryon
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Post Paragons Errata here

Postby ciryon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 am

Hello. I've seen no paragons errata on the website so I post here. I am converting Some Paragons characters from 2nd to 3rd and I noticed several odd things on Empress's powers (p.122).
  • silver fire, mystic blast 10, shapeable area, penetrating, homing 5 : if this is an area attack, homing is non applicable and if this is not, then area is not applicable, which one is correct ?
  • dazzle 8, roaring silver fireballs, visual and auditory, area burst, selective attack, incurable, reversible : since this attack does not damage targets, incurable is no applicable, a mistake ?

thanks

Ciryon

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:26 am

Huh, hadn't noticed those. It's not the first time GR has made the mistake of adding Homing to an Area attack -- they did some missiles the same way. One possible solution is to make it a targeted area attack, but given her low attack bonus for such, that might be less than desirable. As for the latter, I'd probably rule it as one of those situations where no one can use a power to grant an additional save (I'm blanking at the moment on if there is a power to grant an additional save and I need to run off to work, though).

Phicksur
Compatriot
Compatriot
Location: Sol System, Earth, United States, Florida, Tallahassee Region

Postby Phicksur » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 am

Actually the incurable might not be a mistake. Regen and Healing can recover status conditions once all the 'damage' is gone, so that just means that the dazzle cannot be healed except naturally (or by persistent regen).

ciryon
Groupie
Groupie

Postby ciryon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:46 am

There is, by the book, no targeted area attack in 3rd edition. I could house-rule it anyway but some of my players are unlike me, M&M beginners so I want to keep it simple. I will keep an area attack with other flat modifiers. I will keep incurable. Thanks both of you.

Return to “Errata”