Post Silver Age Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post Silver Age Errata Here

Postby Davies » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm

August Roman's Intelligence bonus is listed as +12, when it should be +6; his Wisdom bonus is listed as +8, it should be +4.

This is really more of an error in Book of Magic, the original source for the Ankh of the Avenger, Horus' weapon, but it's listed as having Penetrating on its Blast 14 (Accurate 2) effect, when most of its effects are 30 points. That "Penetrating" should probably be associated with its Strike effect, specifically Penetrating Strength Damage 8.

The Toxic Waste Creature is listed as PL 12. Why? Its Attack/Damage average out to 9, and its Defense/Toughness average out to 8.5.

HOWEVER! Congratulations to Silver Age for being the first book to get Attractive right! The Femme Fatale archetype's ranks of Bluff and Diplomacy are perfectly consistent with her bonus from Attractive and her PL, as are those of Guitar Hero!
Last edited by Davies on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Post Silver Age Errata Here

Postby BARON » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Raven has suprise strike (from 1st ed) instead of sneak attack.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Andrea Atom's Toughness is wrong. Either she should have Defensive Roll 3 instead of 2, or her Toughness should be +2 (+0) flat-footed.

Also, if she has 6 ranks of Computers, she should have a skill bonus of +15 not +13.

And she's not blonde, artist!

Chris Davies.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 pm

More of an amusing typo, but on page 123, I think that what they meant to say was:
The guilt-ridden immortal attempted to give Mary a kind of immortality as well, using her brain-patterns to create the android Chorale, who ultimately became the Furies Three

Also, the index is all kinds of messed up with people appearing twice and multiple page numbers being given out of order.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Dreaming Psion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Several errors with the Hero archetypes.

Hard Traveling Hero has 12 ranks of Create Object, but should have at max 10 (due to not requiring an attack roll for attacking with it0. He also has a truck listed in Equipment but no Equipment feats.

Motorcyle Daredevil's listed ability scores are all off and don't match with its listed ability mods. Str should be 18, not 10. Dex should be 18, not 16. Con should be 24, not 14. Int should be 10, not 12. Cha should be 20, not 22.

Psychic's toughness exceeds her PL caps (20 defense and +11 toughness, she has one too many ranks in Defensive Roll). Her Cha score should be 16, not 1.

Dunno if this was intentional, but on the villaionous archetype the Corrupter of Youth, once he is done Mind Controlling his victims, they will recall it due to the Conscious extra. This makes him gathering a group of followers in the long term especially hard since they'll turn on him after one listening. Two ranks of Subtle should correct for this, however.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

1) With Black Avenger, you notice that it refers you to page 83 in Freedom City for stats and he is not even mentioned on that page, in fact I can't even find stats for him anywhere in that book (and I thought I had seen them in there). Is it too late for you to squeeze in a 2e stat block for him in Silver Age?

2) The Indestructible shield is not Indestructible, its missing that feat.
"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 am

On page 96 it states that the game information given is for Lady Liberty when her powers were at their lowest ebb and to see Golden Age for her stats at full power. Near as I can see though the game information given is basically the Golden Age stat block.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 pm

The Guitar Hero has 58 points of powers, not 56, putting him two over. I suspect that they neglected to make the base power of his Sonic Control and Light Control arrays dynamic.

Also, the heroic archetypes seem to be rounding up their dodge bonus, resulting in one lower of a flat-footed defense for those with odd values.

Ah, and the Hard-Traveling Hero should have Device 20, as suggested by his total powers cost at the bottom.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 pm

The Avenging Disco Godfather is over caps, having a +12 damage / + 7 attack on his unarmed attack for a PL 9 character.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 pm

A few additional quibbles:
The Gimmick Weapon-Master comes out as PL 11 with his Snare attack that's +11 to hit and +10 DC. Also, why the heck are all of his attacks separate powers instead of APs of each other? They're all one device, so it's not like this makes him more resistant to disarms. Lastly, he has Improved Critical (Razor Weapon) which I assume is supposed to refer to his Edged Weapon.

The Communist Brute comes out as Super-Senses 12 using Core rules, not Super-Senses 13. I suspect that they used the Radio as 2 pp from the Ultimate Power errata.

Speaking of errata, I just now noticed that the Core errata included noting that dodge bonus should be rounded down, not up, so maybe they're not following it?

Also, I've detected most of these errors by plugging the builds into HeroLab. You would think that they'd use the program at Green Ronin, to avoid just this kind of errors. I'm sure they get free copies of it. Besides which, it would be an excellent chance to get bug reports straight from the horse's mouth as they note areas where HeroLab departs from what the rules should be.

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Fuzzy Boots has caught many of these, but the following errors from the pdf should be corrected in the actual printed book.

Hero archetypes:

Amphibian Warrior: technically, her Favored Environment 6 feat puts her over the PL 10 limit, because while she’s at PL 10 if she applies +3 attack and +3 defense, she’d be over if she applied +4 or more to one of these.

Avenging Disco: over the PL limit at PL 9 by virtue of +7 attack/12 damage. One of these needs to go down by 1. If you lower strength, don’t forget to adjust carrying capacity. I’d put the 1-2 pp saved into Fort save.

Bionic Hero: Super-senses is wrong: Super-Senses 4 (extended hearing x1000, extended sight x100, infravision)

Extended is x10 per increment, and infravision is 1 pp, so you could have Extended Hearing x100, Extended Sight x10 and Infravision for 4 pp.

Feminist Heroine: should have +3 defense while flat-footed. Half your ranks in base defense, rounded down is your dodge bonus, so 5/2= 2 ranks of Dodge, 3 non-dodge.

Hard-Travelling Hero: should have +3 defense flat-footed (same error as above)

Is rather below his defensive PL caps with +6 Toughness/+10 Defense. Does he really need Space Travel 8 on the device? How about space travel 4 and Force Field 8 instead Force Field 4 and Space Travel 8. This gives him +10 Toughness.

Motorcycle Daredevil: Ability scores/bonuses are completely off.

Going by his other listed attributes, it’s the ability scores that are incorrect. Everything else lines up if he’s changed to: 18 Str, 18 Dex, 24 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 20 Cha.

Flat-footed defense should be +3…

Psychic: Charisma is listed as “1”, when it should clearly be “16”

Villain archetypes:
Corrupter of Youth: flat-footed defense should be +2…

Gimmick Weapon Master: flat-footed defense should be +4.

Other:
Pg 98: The Scarab looks like he’s supposed to have 2 ranks of Defensive Roll given that he has 2 lower Toughness when flat-footed, but it’s not listed in the feats section; cost of feats and character overall should go up by 2 pp accordingly.

Pg 99: Sea King: this is a nit-pick, but his 51 Strength for lifting from 26 Str + 5 Super-Str is 14.7 tons, not 12 as listed. You can round to 14 or 15 tons, but I don’t see any reason to list this as 12!

Pg 101: Andrea Atom should have Defensive Roll 3, not Defensive Roll 2 as listed (cost of feats and character goes up by 1 pp accordingly).
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 pm

In the section on Supporting Cast Archetypes, most of them have their points totals wrong. It seems that a lot of them are in error when it comes to the cost of Attack and Defense bonus. Quite a few of them seem to have purchased Attack and Defense at only 1 pp per +1. This includes the following archetypes:

Attorney (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 35)
Girl Friday (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 27)
Campus Radical (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 34)
Guru (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 37)
Hot Rodder (Combat should cost 12 and Total should be 37)
"The Man" (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 87)
Parapsychologist (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 36)
Rock 'N' Roller (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 34)
Street Informant (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 36)
Snoopy Girl Reporter (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 34)
Teenage Politician (Combat should cost 8 and Total should be 35)

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Sun May 09, 2010 8:36 am

I just noticed a mistake in the stat block for Tectonic. He is listed at Power Level 9, but one of his alternate powers for his Vibrational Control is Blast 12 (Burst Area, Touch Range). As an area attack, his ranks should be limited to PL, unless its a targeted area attack, but the stat block doesn't mention that and it seems unlikely to have been intended since the power is also touch range.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 pm

The new Black Avenger PDF has one minor error. Intimidate should have a final bonus of 9, not 8, for the ranks purchased and a Charisma of 16.

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Shadow » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:The new Black Avenger PDF has one minor error. Intimidate should have a final bonus of 9, not 8, for the ranks purchased and a Charisma of 16.

Also, his Unarmed attack should be at +14, not +12.
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Return to “Errata”