Post Mastermind's Manual Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Post Mastermind's Manual Errata here

Postby Elric » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm

To quote Steve's guidelines from another thread:

Steve Kenson wrote:Errors and corrections for [this] sourcebook get posted in this thread. Note this is not a place to discuss, debate, or ask detailed questions about the book, just to note any errors or potential errors that need fixing!
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Post Mastermind's Manual Errata here

Postby Elric » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Mastermind’s Manual:
Skills:
How is Anticipate Action supposed to work? This is probably worthy at least an update to the FAQ, or maybe actual errata.

Players Make the Rolls The DC for the "Toughness roll" listed here is wrong. Here is a fix .

Damage Rolls The damage roll mechanic is poorly constructed, as Steve Kenson notes. Steve doesn’t point out the correct fix you should use, though. Here's the mechanism you should use for a damage roll to mirror the existing Toughness save mechanic.
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

Harridan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Harridan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I actually have some Errata for the errata on page 145 "Page 97 -- Regeneration: In the last paragraph (before Power Feats), change the cost of total Regeneration to 36 points, and 44if it includes ability damage."

Unless I'm doing my math wrong, this errata was not needed; 3 ranks for bruised once per round, no rest. 3 ranks for unconscious once per round, no rest. 6 ranks for Injured once per round, no rest. 6 ranks for Staggered once per round, no rest. 7 ranks for disabled once per round, no rest. and 10 ranks for Resurrection once per round, no rest. Plus 8 ranks for total Ability Damage regeneration once per round, no rest.

3+3+6+6+7+10=35 and 35+8=43

So the Paragraph in the M&M handbook stating "Total Regeneration--The ability to make a damage recovery check each round, including resurrection, every round without rest--requires 35 ranks, not including ranks allocated to recovery check bonus. If you also recover ability damage once per round, increase to 43ranks." Should be accurate unless there is a point that needs to be spent somewhere that I didn't see in the power description... a power feat would account for this but I don't see any mention of power feats in the Total Regeneration paragraph.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Harridan wrote:7 ranks for disabled once per round, no rest

Regeneration without rest from being Disabled is eight ranks, not seven.

Harridan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Harridan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 pm

ah, thanks for clearing that up, I missed that every time I read it and every time I read the Errata I couldn't figure it out, lol.

Return to “Errata”