Post Freedom's Most Wanted errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:17 am

Blackbird's Toughness is listed as +12, but adding up the CON bonus and the 6 ranks of Protection form the suit it should be +10, since he didn't have any defensive roll level.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 am

The write-up for the Hollow Man operative lists Skill Mastery in the feat section but doesn't list what skills it covers (or if the GM is supposed to choose).

UPDATE: Okay, I found it in the fluff section on the Hollow Men, but for clarity's sake it should probably be listed in the write-up.

In Dwarfstar's write-up it says that his Blast and Flight are Linked to Shrinking, but doesn't that mean those powers have to stay on when he's shrunk? (In fact a similar thing occurs on page 79 of Worlds of Freedom in the write up of Sprite.) Flight I can see, but Blast doesn't have the duration for that. Is it possible the writer meant for those three power to exist in a Container?

Shadowbox's ESP lists its types as "sound, hearing, and sight". How are sound and hearing different?

The entries on learning about Blackbird seem off: the entry under DC 10 doesn't sound like something that should be that easy to find out/know and the entry under DC 20 sounds like something that should be common knowledge.

Talona's Strike power has Mighty 5, but it only needs one because it's melee-range.

I'm not sure this is a bug, but Tick-Tock Doc's Time Manipulator's Transform power should probably be Continuous if it's not meant to fade over time (as I interpret the normal Sustained (lasting) default duration of Transform to mean).

DigitalMage
Cohort
Cohort

Postby DigitalMage » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:01 am

Re Ivan “Killjoy” Korcek of Invisible, Inc

p22 states that "His father having died before he was born..."
and
p24 states "Thanks to a youth serum he once took, he looks like a man in his early 30s, although he’s actually in his late 40s."

However regarding when Korcek Snr died:
p21 states "Korcek [Snr] fled to South America, but his health failed and he died in 1982."
p25 states "Dmitri Korcek, who died in Buenos Ares in 1981"

So...
1) Did Dmitri die in 1981 or 1982?
2) Did Dmitri really die before Ivan was born? If so Ivan could only be about 27 years old now and would have been under 10 years old when Moore was ousted as Mayor (and therefore waaaaay too young to have been a cop during Moore's administration).
R Grant Erswell
Proud member of UK Roleplayers.com a great place to talk, find clubs & players, and discover what is happening in the UK gaming community.

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Alpha-Centurion?

Postby Wyld0007 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 pm

just purchased Freedom's Most Wanted (as well as a few other items on RPGNow) and unfortunately my printer is acting up.

glancing through it, Alpha-Centurion has a toughness of +30?? wow. is this an error to anyone's knowledge or have i missed something?

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Alpha-Centurion?

Postby Elric » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Wyld0007 wrote:just purchased Freedom's Most Wanted (as well as a few other items on RPGNow) and unfortunately my printer is acting up.

glancing through it, Alpha-Centurion has a toughness of +30?? wow. is this an error to anyone's knowledge or have i missed something?

It looks like it's supposed to be +20 Toughness, the same as regular Centurion in Freedom City, but Steve accidentally gave him Protection 10 (Impervious) rather than Impervious Toughness 10. So it should be +20.
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

Ramsey
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ramsey » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 am

I've just noticed that while artwork depicting Syzygy shows him as having four arms, in his stats he doesn't have a single rank in Additional Limbs.

LibertyForce
Champion
Champion

Postby LibertyForce » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Though they should clarify which sensory types of Uncanny Dodge for specific npc's its not absolutely necessary leaving it open for the GM but for an Archetype the desire should include (choose one) to alter you the reader to fact you need to clarify that aspect of the character.

The biggest thing about editing these character is double checking Knockback rating, Grapple, Damage listed in Combat section, and how each Save listed is added to get that score so that if you sat and reverse engineered a character like Argo you could tell why he has an Impervious 13 listed, or why his toughness is what it is (believe its +15).

When you design these characters you need to do this. I have created and edited many characters and it is more trouble to do this but if your going to print them its a mandatory aspect of character design. Yes if I had designed all these characters, they might have some errata but very little, and probably few to no instances of mistakes in number values like I suggested above. Of course GR will probably never ask me to design characters for them, though I'm more than capable of doing an equal job to any listed in this book. My point is that if I can do a good job I desire the person actually selected to do it and getting paid for it to do it at least as good as I do, otherwise I can just make characters myself and write up some Freedom City background.

In the future errata for characters should be minimal at best.

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 pm

In the future errata for characters should be minimal at best.

Also, porcine animals should spend the maximal time aloft.

Remember, LibertyForce: every mistake in FMW is intended as a personal slight against you.

CSABadass
Zealot
Zealot

Postby CSABadass » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm

LibertyForce wrote:Yes if I had designed all these characters, they might have some errata but very little, and probably few to no instances of mistakes in number values like I suggested above. Of course GR will probably never ask me to design characters for them, though I'm more than capable of doing an equal job to any listed in this book.

The information for the SuperLink program is elsewhere on this site and easily accessible. Please feel free to show us all how it's done.

LibertyForce
Champion
Champion

Postby LibertyForce » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Go to the yahoo group for MnM on the Fan Resources. I did those characters. I have done more than that too. I've created over 300+ characters probably more.

I don't take it as a personal slight. I simply am saying, if GR paid me to do it I know (because I've done it) that I could do an equal or greater job and it would have a very high probability to be errata free, because I create a character, walk away, and over time check it and come back and notice something, and playtest it and notice something and as I do if I notice its wrong I correct. My characters have some errors but are mostly error free, and almost never have a math error, though I have found them from time to time, but nothing like I see in official characters.

In otherwords if you want to see my characters go to that yahoo group. Its all free.

Seriously thought PM next time you'll do, say, the Silver Age book and I'll design all or many of your characters for you. I know for a fact I can do a great job. Since its an official product I can promise it will be errata free. If not don't pay me. I will put my money where my mouth is, but if I deliver I want more pay.

In other words, I did all those characters, and many more for free (except some which I got paid for actually) and if I do get paid yes I can actually promise errata free characters, can you say the same Chris? Steve? Since I've seen the work I think the answer is no to that question.

That's not a rub its simply a fact, an uncomfortable one but a fact nonetheless. Of course, the fact is you also got paid to do official supplements and I didn't so in that way kudos. Your lucky because many of us would like to that and with this product I see that many more people in fact did contribute to this product so its a collaborative effort.

Also I didn't know the character creativity or ideas. They are great actually. I see you guys thinking I'm being condescending or insulting. I'm not. I bought the pdf. I think its a great. I will buy the print BUT had I been involved at least on my characters I would have guaranteed errata free.

In fact, if you think about it people want to get a job like making characters AND getting paid for it. If you pay them X per character, say 100 dollars and charged them 1 dollar for any error in the text of the character background and 5 dollars for any error in the character mechanic write up. I betcha there would be a lot less errata.

What does that mean. It means if I go and find say 3 errors in one of those characters and a typo in the background and the guy who made it got 100 bucks normally and due to the errata got 16 bucks less for the same work I think he'd sit there and take that extra time to make sure its errata free.

Let the capitolism system work like that for freelancers and you'll find they will still want to earn money for making up game material (as opposed to some other way to make money) and since there are limited opportunities to do official books they'd take the job. Ofcourse they can always make a superlink product and it can be riddled with errata and the buyer may simply never buy a second product from that creator but we are talking official books here and if someone asked you to write for, say, Whitewolf or WoTc official books would you if you had that type of creative arrangment. If not ok, but then someone like me would take it and you wouldn't get the job, I would. So next time you make a product Chris Pramas or Steve or whomever comissions send me an email or PM and I'll deliver IF its a real offer to get paid if I deliver, and not a simple 'send me your work'. If you want to see that go to the yahoo group. I know I did nice characters. Sure I see other nice characters its not like a unique skill but I do know how to make them and am confident in my ability.

In fact Chris you make up some character histories and you come up with the 'concept' and I'll create the character game stats for it. I think you actually design good characters now. Better than the original Time of Crisis where I thought they were a bit wacky in parts, but the new Time of Crisis 2e I thought was much better. I applaud your work in that area but I still find errata and a couple wonky parts. Overall good work.

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:58 pm

The information for the SuperLink program is elsewhere on this site and easily accessible. Please feel free to show us all how it's done.

Ignite (extra: Alternate save - Will +1; flaws: Sense Dependant - Hearing -1)

Or, in the common parlance: BURN!

because I create a character, walk away, and over time check it and come back and notice something, and playtest it and notice something and as I do if I notice its wrong I correct.

In other words, you don't work to a deadline.

Lib, darling, honey, schnookums, with my frankly miniscule experience as a (paid and published) freelance RPG writer, let me tell you: you are talking out an unconventional orifice.

LibertyForce
Champion
Champion

Postby LibertyForce » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:31 am

So it boils down to lack of time then. Ok. Yet, haven't we seen FMW developed for the past few months. How short are these deadlines?

I can see if they are 2 weeks or maybe a month. Still how long does the average official book start and continue until final draft that cannot be changed once its sent to the printer?

FMW for example, how long did the freelancers have to work on their respective characters. Which I will point out turned out nicely, though they did have some errata. So was the reason for that lack of editing time? Lack of multiple editors? What exactly. I'm not tryin to argue about this please list your insight.

Also comment on the idea that freelancers lose a portion of their commission based on errata. I know you won't like that idea but I think its fair, and it keeps the pressure on the designer to create the most error free product.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Liberty, you should edit out your posts and send in your job app (with some sample characters!) I'm sure they'd love to have you freelance.

But at the same time, you're being a bit inflamatory. Nobody intentionally botches a character.
Post signing is for dweebs and lesser dorks.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Scrounge's "Gather Info" says that he was in and out of prison even before he became a supervillain. That's not true, according to his background; he was married and in debt.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 am

Just got the print version and noticed a few errors are still in there, although I really appreciate that the majority have been fixed.

The Villian Reference table in the appendix has not been updated with the adjusted PLs for characters that have corrected. So Bear Knuckle is still listed on the table as PL10, even though his write up has been changed to PL12, and so on.

Goanna is still not right- Atk +8, Str + Strike 9, Rage is listed as 4 (although the breakdown of bonuses following suggest this should be 5). Either way the offensive PL comes in at most 11. Defence 8 and Toughness 12 sit him at PL 10 Defensively.

ts not so much an errata as an observation, but Black Anubis seems very underpowered for a PL 12 character. Defensively he scrapes a 12 while offensively he's an 11. Raise his Darkness Control power to 10 ranks, this will not affect the overall Power Level but will greatly increase his effectiveness.

Return to “Errata”