Post Freedom's Most Wanted errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Post Freedom's Most Wanted errata here

Postby Steve Kenson » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:43 am

This thread is for any errata discovered in the PDF edition of Freedom's Most Wanted. Please post here for the attention of the Errata Coordinator.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

HunterD
Cohort
Cohort

Postby HunterD » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:19 am

As I mentioned in the other thread before this one was created.

From The Contenders.

Bear-Knuckle:
He's listed as PL10

He is listed as having
+30 regular strength
+20 Enhanced Strength
(Thus making his total +50 strength score for +20 damage)

His Attack bonus is +10 Melee

Which according to my math would make him PL15

(His Defense is also over, but not by as much. His Defense is +8, his toughness is +14
. Which puts him at PL 11 I think)

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Elric » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:49 am

There are a lot of problems with the Contenders that need to be worked out.
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

HunterD
Cohort
Cohort

Postby HunterD » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:03 am

Looking over the builds now

Pardon me if I'm wrong on any of these, I don't claim to be an expert

Black Anubis is listed at PL13
His highest Attack Bonus is +16 for his +8 disintergration attack.
I believe that makes him PL12
=

Blackbird II
His statsheet has typos/errors in the powers listing, where after his Snare it says net and then says "[type?]"
Also after his Strike listing it says "(here?)"
==

Daddy O-Long Legs
Listed as PL8
Has a STR attack damage of +11, Attack of +8 (which would be PL10 I think)

His Cons is 20 (+5 bonus)
His toughness is listed as +16 but I do not see any feats or powers that should up his toughness

His Defense is +8, which (assuming his toughness is supposed to be 16) would make him PL-12
==

Goanna
Listed as PL12

Most powerful attack I see is Paralyze 10, attack bonus is +7
Toughness is 12, with a Defense bonus of +8
So I'm thinking that would be PL10
===

Sky Lord
Listed as PL12
His highest attack is +10 Blast and a +8 attack bonus would make that PL9
His Defense is +12 with a +10 toughness rating, making him PL11.
==

That's all I spotted. hopefully my math is correct on these.

Still a great collection with some awesome characters in it.

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Elric » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:06 am

HunterD wrote:Daddy O-Long Legs
Listed as PL8
Has a STR attack damage of +11, Attack of +8 (which would be PL10 I think)

His Cons is 20 (+5 bonus)
His toughness is listed as +16 but I do not see any feats or powers that should up his toughness

The writer has bought up his Toughness save directly (by spending points on saves), which, of course, you can't do. The same thing appears in a few other builds by the same author.
Last edited by Elric on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)

Justice_USA
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Justice_USA » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:14 am

HunterD wrote:As I mentioned in the other thread before this one was created.

From The Contenders.

Bear-Knuckle:
He's listed as PL10

He is listed as having
+30 regular strength
+20 Enhanced Strength
(Thus making his total +50 strength score for +20 damage)

His Attack bonus is +10 Melee

Which according to my math would make him PL15

(His Defense is also over, but not by as much. His Defense is +8, his toughness is +14
. Which puts him at PL 11 I think)

Plus he has Rage 4 and Favored Opponent, which count towards caps. On the plus side, he's fodder for oh so many "right to bear arms" jokes.

Casanova Frankenstein
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Casanova Frankenstein » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:37 am

This may be more typo-stuff than stat block-stuff, so if this is the wrong place for it I apologize.

Code: Select all

For the Contenders, who was it that allowed them to truly escape - Fly-Boy or Heavyweight?

The write up says Bear-Knuckle is the least intelligent of the Contenders, but he has higher Int & Wis than Heavyweight by 2.

Why is TKO considered not particularly bright when he has above average intelligence and wisdom?

Killjoy Korcek is listed as +3 toughness naturally, with +7 when using an undercover vest - but the vest entry under equipment says it gives +3 toughness, not the necessary +4

Happyface LaRue's saving throw entry says +3 with undercover vest; his equipment entry says undercover shirt. Ditto this for Matthew Sorenson and the Hollow Men.

It looks like there's a misplaced paragraph break early in Sorenson's entry, specifically the "Guilt gnawed at him" portion.

Dwarfstar has a ? mark listed as part of his Knockback stats.

HunterD
Cohort
Cohort

Postby HunterD » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 am

While I love Sky Lord II, I'm thinking he should be PL11, not PL12 as he is listed.

His toughness save is 10 (due to the force field)
His defense bonus is 12, which would make him PL11, not 12.

(His attack stuff would be PL9)

Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Devastation Bob » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 am

Think there's a problem in Black Anubis's skill block with Languages.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton

LibertyForce
Champion
Champion

Postby LibertyForce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:17 am

Looking at bear knuckles if you simply drop the 50/30 and make it 30 and keep the enhanced strength 20, so his real base is 10, then you add Autofire Claw Attack 10, Penetrating Strength 10 for another +20 pp. You'll get: +10 damage (autofire, penetrating). It fits his concept more, and why is he doing +20 damage, seems very high, whereas for a PL 10, a guy with two nasty clasws the +10 (autofire, penetrating) seems much more appropriate. You could alternatively lower the enhanced strength to 10 to 12, and raise his base strength to 18 to 20 so that its not all enhanced (or a combo you like).

Also why is red death's Reflex +12. Sure a villain can have it, but why her. I mean if you read the fluff on her and then you see builds for guys like Johnny Rocket who 'only has' +13. I just don't see her with a very spider-man like ability to dodge stuff. A more appropriate number should be +8 to +10.

Talona and Daddy Long Legs two characters I fully see having a nice reflex have like +10 - +11 reflex so it would stand to reason that Red Death is the shiznik at being agile and based on the fluff I don't see it (stats don't match fluff/concept).

I should add the art and fluff for both these characters (and all of them are great) so my only beef is I think the stats need to be tweeked to fit a bit better with what is written.

Adamant I assume looking at him that he has a total of:

Toughness +18 (Impervious 13)

Was that the intent?. You might list as: Protection 15 (Impervious 11; total 13)

so that someone doesn't miss the fact he actually has another +2 impervious from Density. That is not errata just a suggestion to make it easier to read but only if room is available on the character sheet.

Beast of Killaminjaro. He is 56 str, growth 8, super-strength 9 (total of 11 ranks with growth) and thus as strong as Omega with 60K ton heavy load, not 24 tons. I'm sure when he goes to lift that building he is thinking "What I can't lift it Steve but I thought you made me as strong as Omega!" Was this the intent?
Last edited by LibertyForce on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Brainbot » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:23 am

Golly, with all these thoughtless errors, I don't know if I want to pick the book up!

Atleast not yet... :oops:
Post signing is for dweebs and lesser dorks.

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Khantalas » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 am

Brainbot wrote:Golly, with all these thoughtless errors, I don't know if I want to pick the book up!

Atleast not yet... :oops:

Me too. I guess I'll just wait until the print version comes out with all the errata so I can have a relatively clean reading.

It totally has nothing to do with the fact that I want to but Mecha & Manga and Warriors & Warlocks at the same time.

Speaking of errata, when does it get incorporated to the .pdf's? I believe my latest Golden Age download still has the wrong stats for Centurion, for example.
"I once had lots of friends. They gave me gifts like a word that means hope and despair at the same time and sands to season meals and a castle made out of nothing but stories. I wonder where I left them?"

Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Elric » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:39 am

Khantalas wrote:Speaking of errata, when does it get incorporated to the .pdf's? I believe my latest Golden Age download still has the wrong stats for Centurion, for example.

When Green Ronin comes out with the print edition, I think they typically update the initial pdf to match the printed version then. If they've already come out with the print version, updates to pdfs to correct errata seem rare.

LibertyForce
Champion
Champion

Postby LibertyForce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 am

Nah, they'll shoot out a corrected pdf, like they always do, and these type of errors are small enough and should be corrected in the printed version. The art, fluff, etc. is all very well done. I'd suggesting getting this. I say that cuz I don't get all the pdfs but this one, I recommend.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:39 pm

It'd be nice if they put out a correct one. I've never noticed updates when buying from RPGNow.

TKO has Uncanny Dodge 2, but it doesn't list the sensory types.

Return to “Errata”