Post Ultimate Power Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Given's Steve's answer to me on some questions relating to Feedback here:

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=20690

I think I can safely say that the Feedback flaw is described wrong, since it doesn't mention the Will save at all.
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:55 am

One page 144 under the power, Darkness Control, the Alternate Power, Life Drain seems to be a bit off. The ranged version of Life Drain should have the same rank as Darkness Control instead of two-thirds. The book implies that the Alternate Power is +3/Level. I figure it is only +2/Level

Drain Constitution +1/Level
Ranged +1/Level
Total +2 per Level, same as Darkness Control

Furthermore, this seems consistent with the cost of the Alternate Power, Drain Constitution (see Radiation Control, pg. 185), which is the identical effect for +2/Level.

Am I missing something here?

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:13 am

Grayson wrote:Am I missing something here?

Outside of it possibly being Ranged: +1 and Area: +1 I cannot think of anything.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:15 am

Nope, there was no area effect mentioned.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:35 am

Grayson wrote:Nope, there was no area effect mentioned.

I was unsure since Darkness is an Area Power that perhaps the Draining also worked on everyone within the Area of the original Darkness.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Der Schatten
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Der Schatten » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 pm

I think I just spotted another one. Under Electrical Control, Electrical Aura is listed as an Alternate Power (can be in an array), where as in all the other energy based powers Energy Aura is always listed as an Associated Effect (must be purchased separately).

I'm inclined to think that it is misplaced here, rather than in all the other energy powers listed.
Yes, superheroes should be played like paladins in capes.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Der Schatten wrote:I think I just spotted another one. Under Electrical Control, Electrical Aura is listed as an Alternate Power (can be in an array), where as in all the other energy based powers Energy Aura is always listed as an Associated Effect (must be purchased separately).

I'm inclined to think that it is misplaced here, rather than in all the other energy powers listed.

The Power's description states that you might choose to purchase it as an Associated Effect if you wish.

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Just caught this today. On page 193, under Alternate Powers for Super-Speed, the Sonic Boom power suggests that Burst Area Dazzle (I'm assuming auditory) and Burst Area Damage together cost 3pp/rank, rather than 4pp/rank as it should.

coyote6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby coyote6 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Taliesin wrote:Just caught this today. On page 193, under Alternate Powers for Super-Speed, the Sonic Boom power suggests that Burst Area Dazzle (I'm assuming auditory) and Burst Area Damage together cost 3pp/rank, rather than 4pp/rank as it should.

Damage is touch range, so the Area Dazzle is touch-range, too; thus, the Dazzle is 1 pt/rank (1 Dazzle +1 Area -1 Range).
- Bob
"We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!"

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:48 pm

Ah, forgot to check the range of the Dazzle. Duh...

Thanks.

Paradisio
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Paradisio » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:09 pm

"(pg. 149) The changes to Drain (Trait) are reflected in Corrosion but not Disintegration. "

Can you explain this? I've checked my original book and pocket book against UP, and all of them have the exact same description for corrosion with the exception of a variance of 1 in the price... so I'm not seeing how drain has changed the description, or I'm missing something. Heck I'm not even seeing how drain was changed aside from clarifying a bit.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Paradisio wrote:"(pg. 149) The changes to Drain (Trait) are reflected in Corrosion but not Disintegration. "

Can you explain this? I've checked my original book and pocket book against UP, and all of them have the exact same description for corrosion with the exception of a variance of 1 in the price... so I'm not seeing how drain has changed the description, or I'm missing something. Heck I'm not even seeing how drain was changed aside from clarifying a bit.

Drain is now staged when it used to be all-or-nothing.

Know we once were gods;

mygamingid
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby mygamingid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Absorption (pg. 124): "You gain 2 temporary power points per +1 damage bonus absorbed..."

If modeled on Boost (and inline with the description from the core rules), it should read "1 temporary power point per +1 damage bonus absorbed."

Possibly, the intent was to allow someone to project a Blast equal in power to a Blast that they just absorbed, but this also means you get 20pp from a Strike 10 attack. Given the power of Absorption and its instantaneous effects, I would hope that it's supposed to be 1pt/+1.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:39 pm

mygamingid wrote:Absorption (pg. 124): "You gain 2 temporary power points per +1 damage bonus absorbed..."

If modeled on Boost (and inline with the description from the core rules), it should read "1 temporary power point per +1 damage bonus absorbed."

Possibly, the intent was to allow someone to project a Blast equal in power to a Blast that they just absorbed, but this also means you get 20pp from a Strike 10 attack. Given the power of Absorption and its instantaneous effects, I would hope that it's supposed to be 1pt/+1.

Its not an error; it matches up with the cost of the Healing in the same construction. It was done just for the reason you note. Its ability to yield large amounts of 1/rank powers is, frankly, trivial, since most of the ones where this is important are PL capped anyway.

Know we once were gods;

Anthony
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Anthony » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:55 pm

mygamingid wrote:Given the power of Absorption and its instantaneous effects, I would hope that it's supposed to be 1pt/+1.

Doubtful. For most uses of Absorption-Boost, the instantness is utterly irrelevant. Consider these two constructions:

a) Absorption(boost) 10, Physical Damage, into Strength; 40pp
b) Protection 10, Impervious, Physical Only(10pp); Strength +20, Limited: cannot use more strength than twice the Damage of a physical attack that hit me, less the number of rounds since that damage occurred (probably 10pp; this feels more like a Flaw than a Drawback).

Return to “Errata”