Post Ultimate Power Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
User avatar
levinwurth
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:42 am
Location: Dudley, UK

Postby levinwurth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:03 pm

Shape Metal: You can shape and mold magnetic metals as a Continuous Perception Range Transform effect at one-third your Magnetic Control power rank. So, for example, with Magnetic Control 12 and Shape Metal you can reshape 5 pounds of metal per round, like a rank 3 Transform effect.


1/3 of 12 is 4, not 3.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Postby Setothes » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:59 am

The Slow Fade description on p. 95 repeats the typo from the 2e rulebook.

"Each application moves the time interval down one step on the Time Table: from one round to five rounds to one minute (10 rounds), and so forth."

The Time and Value Progression table, M&M2e p 70, progresses from 6 seconds (1 round) to 1 minute (10 rounds). There is no 'five rounds' value.

Even following the Value progression instead of the Time progression would result in the interval changing from one round to two rounds to five rounds to one minute (10 rounds). (Which might be a decent house rule for Slow Fade, which is arguably too effective for the price.)

User avatar
Mr. Malevolent
Groupie
Groupie
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:37 pm

Postby Mr. Malevolent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:45 am

(pg. 29) The first line of Boost's summary table indicates that it is "Effect: Trait", that should be "Type: Trait".

(pg. 72) The Regeneration power indicates that total regeneration requires 35 ranks, it requires 36.

(pg. 82) There are a few errors in the Super-Senses effect.
  • Radio sense is listed as ranged, radius, and accurate; radio should probably be ranged, radius, and acute.
  • Radar should be 3 ranks, not 4; 1 rank to gain radio sense and 2 ranks to make it accurate.
  • Tremorsense should be 1 rank, not 3; 1 rank to gain ranged touch (and it should probably have the limited flaw to reflect that it only works on things touching the ground).
(pg. 88) The Bracing power feat of Super-Strength should give an Immovable rank of twice your Strength bonus, as a rank in Immovable costs half as much as a +1 Strength bonus.

(pg. 108) The Reduced Range power drawback is written as though maximum range for ranged effects is defined in terms of range increments. It should probably be written as "This drawback reduces the masimum range of a ranged effect, which normally has a maximum range of rank * 100 feet. For -1 point, it reduces the range to half that, or rank * 50 feet (the same as throwing range). For -2 points, it reduces the maximum range to rank * 20 feet. A greater reduction should be handled by making the effect touch range, possibly with some measure of the Extneded Reach feat, if necessary."

(pg. 109) The Array power structure states "each possible 'setting' or configuration of an Array is called an Alternate Power [...] each Alternate Power of your Array requires an Alternate Power feat". Based on the write-ups for the various array powers in chapter 3, the phrase should probably be amended with "except for the default configuration".

(pg. 110) The Dynamic power feat reads "Applied to one of the Array’s Alternate Powers, this feat makes that Alternate Power dynamic". That text could be read to mean that the Dynamic power feat is purchased as part of an Alternate Power, rather than purchased as part of the Array. I think it would be clearer if it read "This feat makes one of the Array's Alternate Powers dynamic."

(pg. 114) In the description of the Duration extra for the Variable power structure, continuous is spelled "c0ntinuous".

(pg. 149) The changes to Drain (Trait) are reflected in Corrosion but not Disintegration.

(pg. 173) Mimic is listed as "Type: Variable", instead of "Effect: Variable".

(pg. 173) There is no listed cost per rank for the first type of Mimic.

(pg. 189) The Shapeshift power does not reflect the change to the Shapeshift power (removing the rank and bonus cap for the assumed form) made by the M&M 2E errata document.

(pg. 189) The Shield power is Enhanced Dodge Bonus with the duration flaw, but no reduction in cost. (It should probably get at least a drawback, as this does make a difference if you are dazed.)

(pg. 197) Time Stop indicates that No Saving Throw is a +1 modifier, it is a +2. Update: I'm no longer sure that this is an error; Time Stop already seems to have a flawed version of No Saving Throw (there's no Reflex save against the area effect).

(pg. 198) Transmutation has a sustained (lasting) duration but no saving throw, which is functionally equivalent to a continuous (lasting) power. Based on the text, Transmutation should probably have a sustained duration instead.
Last edited by Mr. Malevolent on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:13 am

Postby Grayson » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:52 am

The Alternate Power, Force Shatter (page 157), should be at two-thirds the power rank instead of one half.

Damage 1 (base effect)
Perception Range +2
Penetrating +1
Limited (objects) -1

This equals 3 points per rank not 4. The base power, Force Constructs cost 2 points per rank. Therefore, unless I am missing something, Force Shatter should be at two-thirds the rank of Force Constructs.

CSB046
Hireling
Hireling
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:37 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby CSB046 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:50 pm

In the Designer's Notes, the last line on p. 208 is repeated at the top of p. 209:

"except it incorporates every possible power stunt that power could"

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 17629
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:27 am

Postby Paragon » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:58 pm

Under the Communication power, it mentions that you should assign it to a sense group, but then goes on to say something to the effect that you can put it in a "special" sense category, only picked up by an appropraite Detect. Since the Special category seems to have gone away (as confirmed by Steve in an answer to me) and there's nothing to suggest Detect is a special case here, I think this is an error.
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

CharlesEmbers
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 2:55 pm
Contact:

Postby CharlesEmbers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:43 pm

The power Array on page 29 refers you to page 108. If you read the section, it tells you each rank supplies (pp x 2 per rank) for your Alt Pow's, but doesn't tell you how much 1 rank costs, unlike Container and Variable which tell you by about the second paragraph. It says it also has one default power, but doesn't state if this default power's cost is used to determine the the initial cost for Array. In the examples for Array, where the player applies extras to it, it says the cost changes from two points per rank to three, or one respectively. Also, the list on page 27 lists the cost as special.

This may not be confusing to anyone else, but this was my first time reading the rules for M&M and I spent over an hour trying to figure this out before giving up.

JSmith99
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1753
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: SOVIET CANUCKISTAN

Postby JSmith99 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:11 pm

On page 98, the Trail type of area is called Trall in the first bolded word.

User avatar
Waylander
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:33 am

Postby Waylander » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:25 am

The power "possession" has a touch range and a sustained duration , the alteration effect added to "mind control" effect is not precised, the cost should be 2 and not 3 (perception to touch : -2, concentration to sustained +1, minor alteration effect (which should be explained) +1)

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 17629
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:27 am

Postby Paragon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:50 am

Waylander wrote:The power "possession" has a touch range and a sustained duration , the alteration effect added to "mind control" effect is not precised, the cost should be 2 and not 3 (perception to touch : -2, concentration to sustained +1, minor alteration effect (which should be explained) +1)


I suspect you're constructing that wrong; I'll bet the last effect was reevaluated at +2 as its essentially a linked Incorporeal with some mixed flaws and extras (you can't manuever seperately but you can stay inside the target without a specific benefit).
And we by this sole token;

Know we once were gods;

Take shame in being broken;

No matter how great the odds.

User avatar
Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9477
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:45 pm

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Under Super-Speed Rapid Fire is now a 2/3 Rank Blast. Is that a change from the original design of: Blast (Autofire: +1, Needs Items to Throw: -1) or possibly just errata?
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

User avatar
Waylander
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:33 am

Postby Waylander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:13 am

Paragon wrote:
Waylander wrote:The power "possession" has a touch range and a sustained duration , the alteration effect added to "mind control" effect is not precised, the cost should be 2 and not 3 (perception to touch : -2, concentration to sustained +1, minor alteration effect (which should be explained) +1)


I suspect you're constructing that wrong; I'll bet the last effect was reevaluated at +2 as its essentially a linked Incorporeal with some mixed flaws and extras (you can't manuever seperately but you can stay inside the target without a specific benefit).
Well, the cost has been reevaluated ? So the point cost of possession in the M&M rule book should be 5 instead of 4 ?

well, how do I explain it to my player ?

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 17629
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:27 am

Postby Paragon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:37 am

Waylander wrote:
Paragon wrote:
Waylander wrote:The power "possession" has a touch range and a sustained duration , the alteration effect added to "mind control" effect is not precised, the cost should be 2 and not 3 (perception to touch : -2, concentration to sustained +1, minor alteration effect (which should be explained) +1)


I suspect you're constructing that wrong; I'll bet the last effect was reevaluated at +2 as its essentially a linked Incorporeal with some mixed flaws and extras (you can't manuever seperately but you can stay inside the target without a specific benefit).
Well, the cost has been reevaluated ? So the point cost of possession in the M&M rule book should be 5 instead of 4 ?

well, how do I explain it to my player ?


You explain that UP is an optional rules add-on that changes a number of things?
And we by this sole token;

Know we once were gods;

Take shame in being broken;

No matter how great the odds.

User avatar
farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Posts: 5654
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:44 pm
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:41 am

Paragon wrote:
Waylander wrote:
Paragon wrote:
Waylander wrote:The power "possession" has a touch range and a sustained duration , the alteration effect added to "mind control" effect is not precised, the cost should be 2 and not 3 (perception to touch : -2, concentration to sustained +1, minor alteration effect (which should be explained) +1)


I suspect you're constructing that wrong; I'll bet the last effect was reevaluated at +2 as its essentially a linked Incorporeal with some mixed flaws and extras (you can't manuever seperately but you can stay inside the target without a specific benefit).
Well, the cost has been reevaluated ? So the point cost of possession in the M&M rule book should be 5 instead of 4 ?

well, how do I explain it to my player ?


You explain that UP is an optional rules add-on that changes a number of things?


Exactly. If you want to make your M&M game 100% UP compliant you can do it between adventures, between campaigns or one power at a time.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 17629
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:27 am

Postby Paragon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:21 pm

farik wrote:Exactly. If you want to make your M&M game 100% UP compliant you can do it between adventures, between campaigns or one power at a time.


Pretty much what I did; I warned people in advance I was going to UP compatible, when it got closer I went over the characters to see who would be impacted (I keep copies of their statblocks), summarized those that would effect them, and in some cases suggested ways to address it.
And we by this sole token;

Know we once were gods;

Take shame in being broken;

No matter how great the odds.


Return to “Errata”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests