Post Ultimate Power Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
mygamingid
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby mygamingid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:26 pm

Paragon wrote:
mygamingid wrote:Absorption (pg. 124): "You gain 2 temporary power points per +1 damage bonus absorbed..."

If modeled on Boost (and inline with the description from the core rules), it should read "1 temporary power point per +1 damage bonus absorbed."

Possibly, the intent was to allow someone to project a Blast equal in power to a Blast that they just absorbed, but this also means you get 20pp from a Strike 10 attack. Given the power of Absorption and its instantaneous effects, I would hope that it's supposed to be 1pt/+1.

Its not an error; it matches up with the cost of the Healing in the same construction. It was done just for the reason you note. Its ability to yield large amounts of 1/rank powers is, frankly, trivial, since most of the ones where this is important are PL capped anyway.

No Boost anywhere allows 2pts/rank. Except for Absorption and, even there, only in UP. There is no option for it anywhere. It's an aberrant mechanic.

Just out of curiosity, what build was used to create the Absorption power? According to Steve...

• Boost (Trait, 1 point), Linked to Defense (+0), Reaction (+3), Self Only (–1)
• Healing (2 points), Linked to Defense (+0), Reaction (+4), Self Only (–1), Cannot cure disease or poison (–1), Cannot cure stunned conditions (–1)

Those work out with the exact same cost, so there's no reason to double-up on Absorption.

Link to Steve's answer on how to handle Absorption's Boost...

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:31 am

Since UP has been out for over a year now, any chance we could finally see an official errata in the not-too-distant future?

Athas
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Athas » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Under Datalink, Deflect Weapons and Machine Control are listed as Alternate Effects, instead of Alternate Powers (or conversely Associated Effects, but the first seems to fit better)

hermes
Henchman
Henchman

Postby hermes » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:50 pm

Water Control has Snare listed as one of its alternate powers and one of the possible options for that Snare is for it to represent a bubble of water that entraps the target. The text goes on to state that this form of Snare has the following modifiers: Regenerating (+1), Suffocating (+1), and Entangle (-1). If you then consult Snare, the text for Suffocating specifically states "If you successfully bind (but not entange) a target...". Unfortunately, with the Entangle modifier, you "cannot inflict more than an entangle result". Therefore, the description for the bubble of water is in error. If the Snare can never do worse than entangle someone, the suffocation modifier can never be used.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:53 pm

Emotion Control (p. 46) says at the top of the entry (presumably for any form of control) that "Failure by 10 or more means the target will not take any
hostile action unless attacked." The entries under Despair, Fear, and Love have their own effects under "failure by 10", namely "unable to take actions", "panic / fleeing", and "fanatical devotion". The 2E description (p. 84) includes all but that top entry. As it stands now, it sounds like if you radiate love, people become fanatical but unable to attack. Is that top line supposed to be the "fail by 10" for Calm perhaps (especially since Calm currently does nothing but counter other emotions)? I mainly want to know because I'm trying to recreate the Peaceful Aura and Friendship Aura under Power Corrupts, but it does sound like a possible errata.

Cardiac
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Cardiac » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:33 am

Any sign of an official eratta PDF being made for UP?
"M&M is not the system for reproducing real-world physics. It's the system for tying real-world physics to a chair and taunting it while you fly around blasting people with the heat of your x-ray vision." - Narmio

heridfel
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby heridfel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:07 pm

I think I found one that wasn't mentioned before.

(Descriptor) Awareness on page 83, "... Awareness counts as an 'exotic sense' for noticing effects with the first rank of the Subtle power feat (see Subtle under Super-Senses' Power Feats for details)."

This should be "(see Subtle under the Power Feats section for details)." The Subtle under Super-Senses' Power Feats just says that Super-Senses are Subtle by default. It's the entry on page 96 that talks about exotic senses.

slaughterj
Luminary
Luminary

Postby slaughterj » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Cardiac wrote:Any sign of an official eratta PDF being made for UP?

I would REALLY like to see such, and/or an updated UP PDF.

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 am

Spirit Control (page 192) should have a Duration of Sustained (Lasting) instead of Sustained (as per the description).

Stopper
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stopper » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:32 pm

The cost on the Reflective extra under "Density" should probably be 1 PP per 2 Density ranks.

Reyemile
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Reyemile » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:18 am

The "Opposed by (ability)" extra on the Trip power costs +0. The text reasons that this extra is "less efficient targets with a superior ability score," but since those targets could choose to use that ability score to resist the trip regardless, the extra is strictly superior to the base power.

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:43 am

HappyDaze wrote:Length of the Line Area is listed as 10 feet per rank in UP, and 25 feet per rank in M&M2E. Intentional change or error?

Similar question, in M&M 2E "Blocks Sense" is an Extra for Snare, but in UP "Obscures Sense" is a PF for Snare. Intentional change or typo?
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Emotion Control (p. 46) says at the top of the entry (presumably for any form of control) that "Failure by 10 or more means the target will not take any hostile action unless attacked." The entries under Despair, Fear, and Love have their own effects under "failure by 10", namely "unable to take actions", "panic / fleeing", and "fanatical devotion". The 2E description (p. 84) includes all but that top entry. As it stands now, it sounds like if you radiate love, people become fanatical but unable to attack. Is that top line supposed to be the "fail by 10" for Calm perhaps (especially since Calm currently does nothing but counter other emotions)? I mainly want to know because I'm trying to recreate the Peaceful Aura and Friendship Aura under Power Corrupts, but it does sound like a possible errata.

Just for the sake of reference, the answer I got from Steve Kenson was that "Failure by 10 or more means the target will not take any hostile action unless attacked" should be under Calm, but the eratta removes that that line is removed entirely. Slightly contradictory answers... I personally prefer Steve Kenson's.

BigShotBob
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby BigShotBob » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Had posted this question in the GM section 4 help but then realized i should ask here:

:arrow: Within the Core 2e book and the UP, Mimic @ the 1pp/rank cost is listed as to pick 1 trait to be mimicked @ characters creation and that is all you can mimic.

:?: When I choose "just powers" for this, is it now powers of any descriptor?

:idea: Reason i got this impression is because it just mentions "powers", then the 2pt version says "powers" (any trait 1 @ a time), but under the 3pt version it says "powers of a particular descriptor".

:?: Am i being too literal, or does that mean @ the 1pt version if i pick powers only, that he can mimic any type of power no matter the descriptor?

:?: Also, @ the 1pt version, would Power Feats and Extras of the copied power also be included if i had sufficient points?

Thank you in advance all :D .
The pass goes to Big Shot!! For the win!! SWISH!! Ummmm...its supposed to go over the rim....not under! HEHE!

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Had posted this question in the GM section 4 help but then realized i should ask here:

No, you shouldn't. This thread isn't for questions. Ask in M&M Rules.

edit: Which you already have done.

Return to “Errata”