Post Ultimate Power Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
cr0wgrrl
Bystander
Bystander

Nullify errata

Postby cr0wgrrl » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:28 pm

Side effect is listed as an extra under Nullify, but judging by the text it should be a flaw.

coyote6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby coyote6 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:05 am

Black Mamba wrote:Under Super-Speed Rapid Fire is now a 2/3 Rank Blast. Is that a change from the original design of: Blast (Autofire: +1, Needs Items to Throw: -1) or possibly just errata?

"Needs Items to Throw" isn't worth a -1 flaw, IME, especially for a super-speedster (who can just run off to a hardware store & grab a bag of ball bearings, or strip a nearby car of bits as a move or free action).

It's probably worth a Power Drawback, though you could just as easily handle it as a Complication.
- Bob
"We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!"

Waylander
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Waylander » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:02 am

Astral Form : action should be move since it's basically ESP and Communication linked and the longest of two is move action and not standard.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:50 am

coyote6 wrote:"Needs Items to Throw" isn't worth a -1 flaw, IME, especially for a super-speedster (who can just run off to a hardware store & grab a bag of ball bearings, or strip a nearby car of bits as a move or free action).

It's probably worth a Power Drawback, though you could just as easily handle it as a Complication.

Well it is part of a Flaw in M&M 2E but not in UP. UP is optional and M&M is not. So I just want to know if it is an error or an optional change.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Green Gremlin
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Green Gremlin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:15 pm

I've been calling my local gameshop and not only do they not have Ultimate power in, but haven't even heard of it? Is it out yet for hardcopy, or just on the pdf?
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 am

Green Gremlin wrote:I've been calling my local gameshop and not only do they not have Ultimate power in, but haven't even heard of it? Is it out yet for hardcopy, or just on the pdf?

Been out in hardcopy for several weeks now.
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:58 am

But still very hard to find in some areas. I often have to order things via the internaet to have any hope of getting them, and Knoxville is not that out of the way (I-75 goes right through town).

Mr. Malevolent
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Mr. Malevolent » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 pm

Waylander wrote:Astral Form : action should be move since it's basically ESP and Communication linked and the longest of two is move action and not standard.
I think its correct as-is. Astral Form is ESP (all senses; Extras: duration 2 [continuous]; Flaws: action [standard]) linked to Communication (mental; Extras: duration [continuous]; Flaws: action 2 [standard]). That's a 5 point per rank power linked to a 1 point per 2 ranks power. I think they just rounded off to 5 points per rank, and that's Astral Form.

HG
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HG » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:27 am

Is the cost for Confusion listed as 1 pp/rank correct in the UP book?

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:44 pm

HG wrote:Is the cost for Confusion listed as 1 pp/rank correct in the UP book?

Yes. Notice the book version is not Perception, but Ranged. So what the core book errata says and what UP says are essentially expressing the same numbers, its just that Steve elected for whatever reason to instead adjust the range instead of the cost (I think given the way other mental powers work it'd have made more sense to do it the other way, but he's the man.)

Know we once were gods;

Prancer
Hireling
Hireling

Luck Control

Postby Prancer » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:14 am

On page 63 UP. it has Selective under Extras for that power. However the Selective Attack extra (pg 102) says that it is only used for powers requiring either an attack roll or save. Seeing as how Luck control requires neither, shouldn't it use the Selective power feat?

He paid the power points for density? and then took the mental drawback?--My friend Brad

His is both masculine and gender neutral singular.
Their is plural.
It may not be fair, but it is how the English language is set up

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Luck Control

Postby Paragon » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:54 pm

Prancer wrote:On page 63 UP. it has Selective under Extras for that power. However the Selective Attack extra (pg 102) says that it is only used for powers requiring either an attack roll or save. Seeing as how Luck control requires neither, shouldn't it use the Selective power feat?

Steve has made exceptions here before--Obscure, for example, needs the Extra, not the feat.

Know we once were gods;

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:10 pm

The Zone of Translation Extra under the Universal Translator power (page 199) says that it operates as a Burst. It is a rank 4 power, so it should have a radius of 20 feet, not 40 feet as given in the text.

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:48 pm

Quickness is listed as Free (Passive). Passive effects should have an Action of Reaction or None. Further, as a Passive effect, the character has no control over when it activates. Also, reconstructing Super-Speed with Sustained Quickness doesn't add up right unless you get (Super-Speed x 2) ranks of Quickness.

Suggested fixes: Change Quickness to Free (Active) [necessary change]. Change Quickness to Sustained [recommended change].

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:32 am

Length of the Line Area is listed as 10 feet per rank in UP, and 25 feet per rank in M&M2E. Intentional change or error?

Return to “Errata”