Post Golden Age Errata here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Cowboyeinar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Cowboyeinar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:17 am

Page 66, Encouraging Postmodern Golden Age Conventions, "...and more than
a few ninjas (or ninja-like) characters running around."

Should be "ninja (or ninja-like) characters."

I found a couple more but don't remember what they were as I found them when I was reading before bed...I'll see if I can remember what they were and post them ASAP.

Woo hoo, this is fun! Now to get back to my real proof-reading job. :)

Der Rote Baron
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Der Rote Baron » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Der Schatten wrote:p79: Centurion has Arrow's stat block.

p98: "He adopted the name ironic name Schlasbringer, “Sleep-bringer.”"

Should read... "He adopted the ironic name Schlasbringer..."

The correct German translation of Sleep-bringer is Schlafbringer.
"Oh no! It's Der Rote Baron on six o'clock!DIVEDIVEDIVE!" - "Too late, Entente Scum! [MEEEEEEEEEEEEEBUDABUDABUDABOOOM!] - MUhaHAhaHAha!"

Cowboyeinar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Cowboyeinar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:09 pm

P 55, Omnipotent Mystic description, 2nd paragraph: "Such a character is slight less “omnipotent” but still powerful by Golden Age standards."

Should read "slightly less."

coyote6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby coyote6 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:48 pm

darktouch wrote:- Charisma skills using +3 for ability bonuses rather than the +2 for Charisma

My copy has the Masked Adventurer with Cha 16; the listed +2 bonus is what's wrong.

----

Other stuff I noticed:

* Masked Adventurer: He has Obscure linked to Stun; for two powers to be linked, they must have the same range. Obscure is normal range, Stun is touch range; therefore, his knockout gas gun isn't legal. Either Obscure needs to be knocked down to touch range, or Stun needs to be moved up to normal range.

Also, Obscure 5 is a 100 ft radius, and burst Area Stun 5 is a 25 ft radius; IMO, it would be much more convenient for play to have the two have the same radius; otherwise, it could get confusing.

(Myself, I'd make it Obscure 3 & Stun 5 (Area Burst +1, Duration: Sustained +2, Range: Normal +1); that would be 36 pts. Add the Full Power drawback to the Stun, and you're at 35 pts. Or, if you want it touch range, Obscure 5 (Range: Touch, Linked to Stun) & Stun 5 (Area Burst +1, Duration: Sustained +2; Progression 3); that would be 33 pts, and both powers would affect a 100 ft radius.)

(I'd also add a modifier from UP, too, but that's probably not kosher just yet. ;) )

* Omnipotent Mystic: There's a "*without suit" note under the Saves, but nothing is asterisked. I presume it should be "Toughness +11/+5*"

* Patriotic Hero: He has Ultimate Effort, but in what category?

He's also PL9; with his Strike, he's Attack +8, Damage +8, +1 to one of those from Favored Opponent (that makes him technically over PL8). Unless how Favored Opponent interacts with PL has been changed.

* Retro Gadgeteer: Saves total is 4 (1 pt on Fort, 3 on Reflex, 0 on Will), not 5.

His ray gun is Device 4, giving it 20 pts to spend; Blast 8 is 16 pts, Penetrating 4 is 4 pts, Accurate is 1 pt; total: 21 pts, 1 too many. Easiest fix is to lose a point of Penetrating.

* Two Fisted Adventurer: Saves total is 8 (Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4), not 9.

Skills: total is 16 pts for 64 ranks (rather than 20 pts for 80 ranks). Knowledge (streetwise) total is +5 (4 ranks + 1 Int).

Knockback is -1, not -2.

Total is 85 pts, leaving 5 pts to spend.

* War Hero: Saves total is 7, not 9 (2 Fort + 3 Ref + 2 Will)

* Equipment totals 30 equipment points, which requires Equipment 6, not 5.

(Maybe the War Hero and Two-Fisted Adventurer should pick up a couple of ranks of Defensive Roll, improve those minion-level Toughness saves.)

* Alien Invader: Another "*without suit"; his Toughness save is listed as +9, but he's only got +5 from Con. Presumably, he should have a Device or equipment that provides another +4 to Toughness; but he doesn't.

Powers total is 81 (23 Communication + 4 Comprehend +24 Device +25 Growth +5 Immunity), not 71.

Also, the art covers up the Combat part of his point totals.

* Malevolent Magical Entity: Saves total is +0.

* Evil Mentalist: Concentration modifier is +12, not +14 (5 ranks + 7 Wis).

* Bowman's ranged attack bonus should +11 (+9 base +2 Attack Focus); the listed +13 attack bonus with bow is correct.

* Dr. Tomorrow's ray gun should be Device 2, not 1 (it has Blast 5, which costs 10 pts). Powers total 18, grand total 184.

* Sgt. Shrapnel: His Strike isn't "Limited to machinery" now, so the damage entry should be just "+10 (strike)" (or maybe "(exploding machinery)").
- Bob
"We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!"

Ben Robbins
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Ben Robbins » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:47 am

Steve Kenson wrote:
Ben Robbins wrote:p 121 sample conflict -- Troops stats does not include Force modifier on Morale (should be +6).

page 117: "A force has a modifier to its morale checks based on troop quality, unmodified by unit size."

Force modifiers don't apply to morale.

Sorry I misread page 120 (force's morale modifier, not morale force modifier).
Ben Robbins
Lame Mage Productions / Dr Null: Battle on the Bay Bridge free M&M Superlink adventure
Ars Ludi / game theory blog

ashton2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ashton2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:04 pm

Any chance we will see Centurions stats posted? This is the first PDF I bought and I am not sure how errata is done?

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:10 am

ashton2 wrote:Any chance we will see Centurions stats posted? This is the first PDF I bought and I am not sure how errata is done?

Generally what happens is the errata is collected and then an updated version of the PDF is made available. This is free to people who purchased the "1st edition" of the PDF, and anyone who makes a purchase after the correction is available just gets the corrected version.

iKitten
Partisan
Partisan

Postby iKitten » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Page 82, under Johnny Rocket's entry.

There seems to be a block of information missing here. The first paragraph describes Johnny's background as a mechanic. The second describes an accident Johnny's involved in. I note that only two vehicles are mentioned in this paragraph, and are the first vehicles mentioned in the character's section; one is Johnny's car and the other is the tanker hauling the experimental rocket fuel.

That there is missing information becomes clear in the third paragraph, in the second sentence.

"He initially allowed the criminals to believe he'd been killed, following the other car at the scene to their hideout..."

This is the first mention of any other car or persons, much less criminals. The picture painted up until this point had been that Johnny merely got into an accident with the tanker truck, and without the involvement of a third "criminal" party.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device."

iKitten
Partisan
Partisan

Postby iKitten » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:16 pm

This one may get blown out of the water, but I feel obliged to call attention to it anyway. On page 56, the image of the GI with the flag-mask doesn't seem to mesh with the either the powers or equipment in the Patriotic Hero's stat block, or with any of the variations presented below it.

A minor point, but a point none the less.

Of course, that large satchel at his side might be some sort of bullet-proof super sack the he uses to deflect bullets and that gun might actually be some sort of gun-shaped boomerang, in which case I retract my earlier statement.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device."

BlackFurredBeast
Groupie
Groupie

Postby BlackFurredBeast » Fri May 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Der Schatten wrote:p79: Centurion has Arrow's stat block.

p98: "He adopted the name ironic name Schlasbringer, “Sleep-bringer.”"

Should read... "He adopted the ironic name Schlasbringer..."

Nope, the literal translation of Sleep-Bringer into german would be SchlaFbringer, not Schlasbringer, so replace the middle S with an F.
(Even after checking the Duden, the de facto source on german, I couldn't find any meaning for the word "Schlas")

Oh yeah, and generally speaking, the shadow world (where Nacht-Krieger was imprisoned) is translated "Schattenwelt", mind the C. Sometimes it's written right, but most of the time it's Shattenwelt, which is wrong :-)

Okay, now hand me that nitpick award :-)

Khantalas
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Khantalas » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 am

Bombaatu wrote:Generally what happens is the errata is collected and then an updated version of the PDF is made available. This is free to people who purchased the "1st edition" of the PDF, and anyone who makes a purchase after the correction is available just gets the corrected version.

And how do we get this updated version free and know when it's available, exactly?

EDIT: Also, my .pdf seems to have certain illustrations (at least I think they're pictures) missing. The appendix has large blank areas with no illustration or text. It also has such an area at page 111 and at page 68, where I seem to recall was a picture of Hitler. I tried downloading another copy, but the blank areas were still there. I don't know if this is just me or something that everyone has, but I thought I should post it.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Khantalas wrote:
Bombaatu wrote:Generally what happens is the errata is collected and then an updated version of the PDF is made available. This is free to people who purchased the "1st edition" of the PDF, and anyone who makes a purchase after the correction is available just gets the corrected version.

And how do we get this updated version free and know when it's available, exactly?

If you purchased it from the Green Ronin site, you can click on the link in the email receipt from your original purchase. If you no longer have that email, email GR's customer support.

Pseudonym
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pseudonym » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:29 am

Khantalas wrote:EDIT: Also, my .pdf seems to have certain illustrations (at least I think they're pictures) missing. The appendix has large blank areas with no illustration or text. It also has such an area at page 111 and at page 68, where I seem to recall was a picture of Hitler. I tried downloading another copy, but the blank areas were still there. I don't know if this is just me or something that everyone has, but I thought I should post it.

I just looked at my pdf at the pages you mentioned, and it is fine. What reader are you using?
Pseudonym

John Roy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby John Roy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 pm

ashton2 wrote:Any chance we will see Centurions stats posted? This is the first PDF I bought and I am not sure how errata is done?

Okay, did a little digging and math and came up with the following for Golden Age Centurion, but it's sketchy -

His damage bonus is + 15, so his strength is 40
I used the small seeming numbers in his Freedom City Bio as is, so he gets Dex 13, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 15
The G.A. bio says he has 73 ponts in Ability Scores so this leaves a Con of 28.

He then gets 9 points in Saves that I guess I can add at my discretion. Does my methodology seem correct? I'm new to the game and may have screwed up.

Return to “Errata”