Advantages and Power Level MM3

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
lowew79
Bystander
Bystander

Advantages and Power Level MM3

Postby lowew79 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm

My experience with Hero Lab with pathfinder has shown it to be flawed in a few cases. My lack of knowledge about M&M 3 has me wondering if it's me or Hero Lab.

SO here is my question... Is there a limit on how many points you can put in an advantage based on the series power level? If not then Hero Lab is incorrectly putting a limit of PL +10.

Example: In a PL 10 game I am trying to buy a Space battleship then pimp it out (lol). When I go over 150 ep, hero lab throws a fit. Now I know that for every point you put in the equipment advantage, you get 5 ep. Is it supposed to be limited at 30. Interestingly I don't get an overspent warning though, I get a warning about the ships athletics level being too high.

Any help is appreciated.

=

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Advantages and Power Level MM3

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Since Vehicles are limited to the PL of the character, you may be pushing a stat outside of the range of the PL. If its Athletics, you are probably making the Strength to high.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

lowew79
Bystander
Bystander

Postby lowew79 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 pm

So, vehicles ARE limited to the PL of the character? The equipment section of the book has set values for vehicles stats, ie,.. a "space battleship" has a strength of 22. which is higher than a PL10 hero could have. I appreciate the insight, if what you say is true that explains everything, do you have a page I could reference that says that?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

A quick scan of the chapter Gadgets and Gear only makes a couple of references to Power level (Armor and Headquarters Power entry specifically mentions being limited by series Power Level). However, it does fall under the common sense rule.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “Hero Lab”