[3e] Marking a power as 'Thrown'

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

[3e] Marking a power as 'Thrown'

Postby Bombaatu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 am

I'm trying to create a thrown weapon but can't get the damage bonus from Throwing Mastery to add to it.
Below is the eval script from Throwing Mastery & I can see "Helper.PwrThrown" in the script. I can make the damage STR-based, but can't find a way to mark it as 'thrown'. Assistance, please?

Below is the eval script from Throwing Mastery & I can see "Helper.PwrThrown" in the script.

Code: Select all

~ If we're not active, get out
      doneif (activated = 0)

~ Iterate through our throwing weapons, adding our ranks as a bonus to each
      foreach pick in hero from Weapon where "wpType.RngThrow"
        eachpick.field[atkDC].value += field[adRanks].value
        nexteach

~ Do the same with our throw-ranged powers
      foreach pick in hero from Power where "Helper.PwrThrown"
        eachpick.field[atkDC].value += field[adRanks].value
        nexteach

EDIT: Ok, I found out how to do it by making a copy of pxReach (the one based on Ranged) and adding a second eval script:

Code: Select all

perform parent.assign[Helper.PwrThrown]

I then put 'pxReach' in the 'Replaces Thing Id' box. However, it would be nice if there were a check-box to do 'out-of-the-box' this instead of our having to edit the data-files (hint-hint to the dev team... ;) )

KanDoh
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: [3e] Marking a power as 'Thrown'

Postby KanDoh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Still no update for this on Hero labs. Its still not adding the Throwing Mastery Damage to items.

Return to “Hero Lab”