Updating Hero Lab M&M3e with Power Profiles

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Drakos
Hireling
Hireling

Updating Hero Lab M&M3e with Power Profiles

Postby Drakos » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I think the Power Profiles are great, they have some very interesting takes on powers and abilities. One thing I would love is if Hero Lab could be upadted to include some of the new rules/modifiers presented in the Power Profiles, maybe as an option so those that don't want them won't have to use them.

I'm not talking about addint the sample powers (per say) but updated material. For example in the Size & Mass profile they define Density Increast, but it behaves differently than in the Growth with Densite Modifier in Hero Labs. Also they have added optional Impervious rules and other new modifiers that I would love to see implimented in Hero Labs.

It this a pipe dream, in the works, even a posibility?

Thanks!
Be a Hero

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Updating Hero Lab M&M3e with Power Profiles

Postby JDRook » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 pm

If Lone Wolf were to do this, and I have no clue whether they are, I would think they'd want to at least wait until all of the Power Profiles are done. At best, this possible update might be available in January 2013, but definitely not much sooner.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Updating Hero Lab M&M3e with Power Profiles

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:54 pm

This is as close as we get so far, a clarification that they plan on eventually covering the Gamemaster Guide but they've been swamped.

Return to “Hero Lab”