Benefit: Status that looks up a chart

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
SeeleyOne
Henchman
Henchman

Benefit: Status that looks up a chart

Postby SeeleyOne » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Is there a way to make an entry of Benefit: Status in a user file that will look up a chart based on its rank? So maybe level 1 is a baron and level 8 is a king? Also, is it possible to tie it to the gender of the character? So it would say Baron for a male and Baroness for female?
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Benefit: Status that looks up a chart

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 am

Take a look at the build for the "Benefit (military rank)" feat, in particular the second Eval Script. It's a series of if statements, not a chart, but it's a decent template for what you want to do. To check gender, I think that you'd be able to navigate from Hero to the Personal section and then check the Gender. Don't forget that the program supports three choices.

SeeleyOne
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Benefit: Status that looks up a chart

Postby SeeleyOne » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

Thank you, that is helpful. So now I can get it to generate a title based on the rank.

I wonder how to tie it into the gender automatically. A simple way would be to not do so. Have it say something like "Male Noble" and a different one for "Female Noble". But it would be good to know how to reference the actual gender choice, as some feats/advantages might be made to require them in a given campaign.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

Return to “Hero Lab”