Multiple Effects inside Alternate Form

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Multiple Effects inside Alternate Form

Postby Aerlock » Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Is this supposed to be a no-no? I am trying to use this for organizational and display purposes to put certain types of powers inside their own little "container" within Alternate Form but it seems that I am unable to do this and have to manually change the output to reflect my setup. Is there a way around this?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Multiple Effects inside Alternate Form

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon May 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Nothing against it in the rules. Within 2E, you're limited to working with containers evenly multipliable by 5. Within 3E, I believe you can stick it right in there.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Mon May 21, 2012 6:29 pm

I thought it was rules legal but Hero Lab isn't letting me make the choice to add Multiple Effects container within Alternate Form. I can use Linked Effects but then its not showing correctly on the sheet because I've got stuff like Concealment, Enhanced Trait, Extra Limbs, etc. all in there and all with different activations and durations which isn't strictly correct. Is this one of those things in the rule set that needs fixing like Elongation not adding to the Grab DC?

- Aerlock

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Which edition are you asking for? I was able to nest two Alternate Forms in 2E, although it does invoke an amusing bug regarding the cost of the inner Alternate Form.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed May 23, 2012 6:16 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Which edition are you asking for? I was able to nest two Alternate Forms in 2E, although it does invoke an amusing bug regarding the cost of the inner Alternate Form.

I'm trying to do this in 3e.

- Aerlock

Return to “Hero Lab”