House Rule Question

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Reality
Bystander
Bystander

House Rule Question

Postby Reality » Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 am

I want Hero Lab to utilize my house rule that starting ground speed equals Strength/3 (rounding up) rather than Rank 0. After all, it makes no sense to me that someone as strong as Batman would have the same running speed as someone of Rank 0. How do I adjust the core rules like that in Hero Lab? I would have to be able to place an override for Str 0.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: House Rule Question

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue May 15, 2012 5:29 am

Just to clarify, you want them to have Speed 1 with Strength 3, Speed 2 with Strength 6, etc?

My impulse would be to take a look at the Growth and Shrinking in the editor. I think they may have a speed modifier built into them.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: House Rule Question

Postby JDRook » Thu May 17, 2012 10:11 am

Reality wrote:After all, it makes no sense to me that someone as strong as Batman would have the same running speed as someone of Rank 0.

On the other hand, there's always the Athletics roll to increase your running speed. It's a DC 15 roll to add +1 to your speed, and Batman's Athletics skill is already +15, so he effectively has Speed 1 available all the time, so he's already twice as fast as most normals and would have the same speed as your house rule would give him without having to customize or recode anything.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “Hero Lab”